IGNORED

Holden gone, not a hero! [FBC pod recording]

headhunter

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/holden-gone-not-a-hero/   [also on Spotify & Apple Podcasts]

Little did we know as we started our live podcast that barely an hour after the final whistle we would be reporting on the ending of Dean Holden's tenure as Head Coach after just 41 games.

He had a credible win rate of 44% but a sixth straight defeat in another dreadful showing against Reading who cruised to a 2-0 win brought about his demise.

Mark, DaveFevs, Ian, Lezz & DaveP analyse the match action and went on to discuss the contents of Steve Lansdown's Radio Bristol interview before the rumours became fact that Holden had gone. Talk then switched to who will be next in the hot seat and has Lansdown got a masterplan that could surprise us all!

Holden was no hero in the eyes of the City fans. He is a decent bloke but one who should never have got the job in the first place and the Man who fired the Holden Gun, Mark Ashton, looks as though he will live to fight another day.

Not listening yet. Ok, Holden gone but think the board and the players should se themselves in the mirror. Ht yesterday I went to bed. All our leftbacks injuried, january window No lb in. Its like a comedy. Look at our team, not good enough, not only Holden. No idé who should play leftback vs Barnsley, Nagy is the only one I can Think of, he got footballbrain. How we gonna beat Barnsley, I dont know. We got absoloutely nothing, with or without DH. Hope for luck and scoring frekick or corner, penalty. Most of the teams in this leauge can play football, we cant. We cant defend, we cant score, thats fact. If we should give ourselves a chance, play Palmer and Wonderboy. Weimanns injurie the worst for our team. Anyway: COYR!!!

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Top contributions tonight all.

Guest appearance from Mrs @Curr Avon near the end too.  You still alive Mark? ???

I think so, its very hard to get a signal when you're 200 feet under. Anyone got a shovel?

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I suspect Ian has been speaking to “his contacts” ?

Is it MyNameIsMichaelAppletonAndImMarkAshtonsMate.com

Good discussion and obsevations.  After listening to Headhunter which was refreshingly frank...........I moved onto "Robins at the gate"  with Michelle Owen and Gregor Mc Gregorface. I  have to say that i have mixed feelings about Gregor, he is very non- commital and mealy mouthed in his opinions.  It's like watching City.....no real forceful views or commitment, just sitting on the fence, bland and uninspiring.  Also similar to City in the way he has no real stance or identity?   He said he has been up writing about the current situation till the early hours, which is why he is so tired, but then has nothing to say really?   "Who  should be the new manager"? says Michelle, "Oh youv'e really put me on the spot Michelle"?    Well you have had time to think about it, tell us what u really think.?  

Hardly a word about Ashton, and   his politicking behind the scenes.  At least Headhunter has some forthright views. whereas Gregor had no cast iron opinions.  I know the Headhunter guys can say more or less what they like, with little fear of repercussion, whereas Gregor has to be aware of his paymasters?   But even so.........what is worse?, a "Yes Man" Manager or a "Yes Sir" Journalist?

@headhunter @Davefevs @Curr Avonenjoyable episode last night and thank you for staying on to discuss events as they happened.

Interesting debate about Lansdown possibly moving on, for what it’s worth I have feeling this is lansdown’s last appointment of a manager and final shot at reaching the big time. I think if the next appointment doesn’t work , he may look to sell the club to someone who could push us to the next level. He sounded really pissed off on the radio on Monday , and eventually desire and enthusiasm has to go. 

I really think he’s going to push the boat out with the next appointment and surprise us. 

Don’t quite know where you got that from Daored, I think to the contrary.  His life work has been around Bristol, and BCFC, parts are really successful, obviously not so on the pitch.  
The stadium, the new training ground, it will all fall into place. We all want it now, but it’s never really like that.  FFP ties his hands. Yes DH was an almighty cock up by SL, JL & MA.  They have another chance to put things right.. fingers crossed 

39 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Don’t quite know where you got that from Daored, I think to the contrary.  His life work has been around Bristol, and BCFC, parts are really successful, obviously not so on the pitch.  
The stadium, the new training ground, it will all fall into place. We all want it now, but it’s never really like that.  FFP ties his hands. Yes DH was an almighty cock up by SL, JL & MA.  They have another chance to put things right.. fingers crossed 

It’s just an opinion I have , not based on facts or anything. It was mentioned on the podcast he might be looking to sell the club this summer - I don’t think that’s likely. But ultimately there will come a point where he has enough like all owners , does he want the grief, the expense etc

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

Good discussion and obsevations.  After listening to Headhunter which was refreshingly frank...........I moved onto "Robins at the gate"  with Michelle Owen and Gregor Mc Gregorface. I  have to say that i have mixed feelings about Gregor, he is very non- commital and mealy mouthed in his opinions.  It's like watching City.....no real forceful views or commitment, just sitting on the fence, bland and uninspiring.  Also similar to City in the way he has no real stance or identity?   He said he has been up writing about the current situation till the early hours, which is why he is so tired, but then has nothing to say really?   "Who  should be the new manager"? says Michelle, "Oh youv'e really put me on the spot Michelle"?    Well you have had time to think about it, tell us what u really think.?  

Hardly a word about Ashton, and   his politicking behind the scenes.  At least Headhunter has some forthright views. whereas Gregor had no cast iron opinions.  I know the Headhunter guys can say more or less what they like, with little fear of repercussion, whereas Gregor has to be aware of his paymasters?   But even so.........what is worse?, a "Yes Man" Manager or a "Yes Sir" Journalist?

I see both of them of course in the press area whilst reporting myself. In view that Michelle and Gregor are both accountable for Sky and Bristol Live, they have to 'watch their words' which is understandable. Forever Bristol City Podcast is a better listen for real 'fan opinions' although Robins at The Gate is still a worthwhile listen. 

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

Whilst I haven't listened to that specific podcast, Gregor can hardly be accused of sitting on the fence of late. He's been very forthright with his views on the club. 

20 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Whilst I haven't listened to that specific podcast, Gregor can hardly be accused of sitting on the fence of late. He's been very forthright with his views on the club. 

Personally......that is not what i call forthright, most of what he alluded to, was common knowledge and open opinion, however if in your view you consider it forthright, then your entitled to your assessment. Although Gregor seems a nice guy, I find him an average sports journalist, but i do appreciate that he is trying his best, as his hands are tied to a certain extent..      

Archived