Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Middlesbrough (A) - Tues 23rd Feb 19:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hate to point this out @INCRED but he doesn't take over until tomorrow 

You have to feel sorry for Holden, this bunch clearly shafted him

Exactly my point, I struggle with the ethics of professional footballers who shaft a decent bloke although he should never have been put in the situation in the first place 

• Like 3

Key things for me is the back 3 look solid. Mariappa central really looks great. All that experience, why not have him in the middle of the 3. Dominant. And seems like the organiser back there.

Kalas left of the 3 solid again, and suits him as we have seen him play well left side in a 2 and is helping Towler well.

Vyner bringing it out fantastically a couple of times. Very good defensively from him. We are not missing Mawson one bit which is nice to be able to say. Moore being dropped was a great decision.

The midfield pair of Bakinson and Nagy I thought looked very promising the one time they played alongside each other earlier in the season. I think the 352 suits them with that extra defender behind them.

I think they are complimenting each other so well. Nagy got the mobility, Bakinson got the height. Both technically so gifted. Both defensive midfielders who can break forward.

Palmer been a key player tonight for me. He's played well but it's mainly where he is. Had it been the Holden favourite 352 with Bakinson holding then Palmer would be deep alongside Nagy. We wouldn't have the support to Fam and Wells who would likely be too isolated.

I don't know why Holden never went with the 3412 but tonight looks like that to me. Palmer working so much harder since his return, he looks fitter. And this system is made for him.

We have 3 midfielders all with so much technical ability. But a nice bit of body strength and height and work rate all in their too. 

It's what has helped Fam and Wells a lot. I have been critical of them as a pair in the past. But this is their best performance since funnily enough Boro away end of last season.

Fam touches been a bit off at times like can be the case. He can't sprint all the time either. But he is certainly a handful for that Boro back line. Wells pace and work rate. We look dangerous up top. Very well taken goals by those two.

Wing backs? Well Hunt is having a hard time but understandable against that guy. But Hunt is working hard as ever there. Towler been very steady so far. I like it he keeps it simple. Composed and certainly not looked a weak link so far.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Just about to say the same - looks like he's trying to cover more ground than Nagy tonight.

Well, they should both be fresh and raring to go having been sat on the bench while Holden persisted with Vyner and Paterson in recent weeks. No sympathy for Dean, he was out of his depth. 

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

We need the next goal cum on!!!!!!!!!

Steady on, it's exciting stuff I know but if that's what floats yer boat I suppose.....

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, INCRED said:

Exactly my point, I struggle with the ethics of professional footballers who shaft a decent bloke although he should never have been put in the situation in the first place 

That’s the problem thought ain’t it. Once the players lose faith in his methods the wheels come off spectacularly. Absolutely crazy decision to give him the job.

• Like 2

Just had a look at page 20 of their forum.

Their game plan has been obvious from the start, sit behind the ball let us have possession then hit us on the break. They've come to life in the final 3rd when they've won the ball off us. The injury doesn't change the game, the first goal does, it suits their game plan perfectly after that. 

We've chosen to defend by not marking any of their players essentially.  We probably should have taken the lead early on but Bola decided to try and cross rather than shooting when he was in versus the goalkeeper.  They had a couple of counter attacks where our defence disappeared but we didn't take the hint and instead kept doing it and they then scored three goals.  The defending has been brutal, and it's the entire team that is struggling, although a few individuals have stunk the place up a bit more than the others.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Key things for me is the back 3 look solid. Mariappa central really looks great. All that experience, why not have him in the middle of the 3. Dominant. And seems like the organiser back there.

Kalas left of the 3 solid again, and suits him as we have seen him play well left side in a 2 and is helping Towler well.

Vyner bringing it out fantastically a couple of times. Very good defensively from him. We are not missing Mawson one bit which is nice to be able to say. Moore being dropped was a great decision.

The midfield pair of Bakinson and Nagy I thought looked very promising the one time they played alongside each other earlier in the season. I think the 352 suits them with that extra defender behind them.

I think they are complimenting each other so well. Nagy got the mobility, Bakinson got the height. Both technically so gifted. Both defensive midfielders who can break forward.

Palmer been a key player tonight for me. He's played well but it's mainly where he is. Had it been the Holden favourite 352 with Bakinson holding then Palmer would be deep alongside Nagy. We wouldn't have the support to Fam and Wells who would likely be too isolated.

I don't know why Holden never went with the 3412 but tonight looks like that to me. Palmer working so much harder since his return, he looks fitter. And this system is made for him.

We have 3 midfielders all with so much technical ability. But a nice bit of body strength and height and work rate all in their too. 

It's what has helped Fam and Wells a lot. I have been critical of them as a pair in the past. But this is their best performance since funnily enough Boro away end of last season.

Fam touches been a bit off at times like can be the case. He can't sprint all the time either. But he is certainly a handful for that Boro back line. Wells pace and work rate. We look dangerous up top. Very well taken goals by those two.

Wing backs? Well Hunt is having a hard time but understandable against that guy. But Hunt is working hard as ever there. Towler been very steady so far. I like it he keeps it simple. Composed and certainly not looked a weak link so far.

Nail on the head.

Keep it up lads...!

• Like 1