Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Swansea (A) - Sat 27th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

312 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Kasey looks like a dog with two dicks there!

As opposed to a dick with two dogs.....

simon-cowell-is-seen-on-march-01-2014-in

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Some performance that. Not often a 'dodgy' penalty decision turns a game in the way it did.

KP & Nagy further forward pivotal, but today after a shaky yet gutsy opening 30 that was an immense effort. Loving the fact KP didn't shrink post the ref's call when others would have. Forwards great shift and excellent movement, all, for Wells goal.

Bentley again kept us in it until we finally got to terms with them. Banksesque at one point.

Pearson's animation and constant discussion with the coaches on the sideline a welcome addition to that we've seen these past few years.

• Like 1

Pearson’s post match interview is 6 minutes 28 seconds during which he gets asked only FOUR questions!

The interviewer seemed to hang on his every word as we all do!

Big Nige knows how to hold an audience and what to say. Seriously impressive. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 9
  • Flames 2
37 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Both good post match interviews.

How refreshing to hear it like it is instead if being I don't really want to use the word bullshited but it's the only one I feel apt,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A week ago if someone had said the next 2 games would result in an aggregate score of 6-2, who’d have believed it would be in our favour?

Who’d have believed it would be achieved with  midfield of Bakinson, Nagy and Palmer, young Towler playing and Wells playing an important role?

Football is a funny old game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Always thought this is the best approach for us, might well be moving forward- just seems better balanced and more secure IMO. With better scope to ournumber in CM and more stability to avoid 2 v 1 in wide areas.

2nd half vs first was night and day, chalk and cheese- reaction post penalty was great.

Totally agree . It’ll be really interesting i the area he wants to strengthen in the summer . I think that system gives you everything . A subtle change in & out of possession makes a big difference . 

Also, even though it’s been tough for some of the young lads & most of them wouldn’t of been involved if it wasn’t for the injuries , it will do them the world of good to have been involved this season 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, One Team said:

Pearson’s post match interview is 6 minutes 28 seconds during which he gets asked only FOUR questions!

The interviewer seemed to hang on his every word as we all do!

Big Nige knows how to hold an audience and what to say. Seriously impressive. 

I’m still pinching myself we have him.

• Like 1

Really like what Nige said about Towler: “I’ve told him he’s helped us win these last two away games”

Exactly that, he’s a very young inexperienced lad playing against Premier League quality teams, it’s not been perfect but he’s played his part. Keep managing him well and he’s only going to improve. 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I TRY to stay off here during the game. It’s been very difficult lately mind . 
First half was back to normal , dropping off , giving too much space. 
when we did have it, again it was like DH was still here, no belief , not wanting the ball etc. Understandable in a way after the run we had , confidence was fragile even after the win Tuesday.

What a massive difference it makes though having a calm experienced manager in charge. Made sense for him to go with the same shape / team from Tuesday , he’s said he likes the players to sort their own problems out but we’re not ready for that yet. 
left side constantly exposed so he drops Wells back to cut off the passing Lane. It worked for a few minutes but Swansea were exploiting young ryley’s inexperience plus being on a yellow. 
surprised at the start of the second half with a change of shape. Vyner going into midfield & what seemed a fairly fluid 4231/433 with the ball & 451 without it. 
What a transformation . We all of a sudden we’re out numbering them in midfield , sucking them in then pressing, winning the ball back in their half & counter attacking at pace .

The penalty seemed to split opinion on here. FWIW I thought it rolled down his chest & no surprise Mr Stroud wanting to be centre of attention .
To come back from that, get on the front foot & more or less out play Swansea in their own back yard afterwards was brilliant to watch.

all credit to the players & staff . However , having that nouse & experience made the difference. 
the futures bright its red & white .😊 

I'm the same. I vent on Twitter, I used to come on here but by the time you try and comment , too many posts have popped up.

18 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Some performance that. Not often a 'dodgy' penalty decision turns a game in the way it did.

KP & Nagy further forward pivotal, but today after a shaky yet gutsy opening 30 that was an immense effort. Loving the fact KP didn't shrink post the ref's call when others would have. Forwards great shift and excellent movement, all, for Wells goal.

Bentley again kept us in it until we finally got to terms with them. Banksesque at one point.

Pearson's animation and constant discussion with the coaches on the sideline a welcome addition to that we've seen these past few years.

It's the difference between Johnsons ranting for show (he loved to be seen to be passionate ), Holden thinking what he want's to do (it was all new to him) and a proper experienced manager. Pearson has seen it all, so has his ideas for certain scenarios already. Great to see.

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

How refreshing to hear it like it is instead if being I don't really want to use the word bullshited but it's the only one I feel apt,

I said earlier. I couldn't listen to Johnson's bull, Holden was much better but I actually WANT to hear what NP has to say. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

At last. 

Pearson is an absolute master of communication and leadership. He’s not read this from FA books, training courses or work experience. Nope, he’s a true natural and football savvy too.

Cotts was also a natural, but our Nige is several steps up. 

Both, possibly flawed geniuses in their own ways, but hey this could be one hell of a ride. 

• Like 7
18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Similar to a lot of them who film themselves like that. Absolute dangers who need investigating.

Definitely, I'd have the local OB busy checking hard drives.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Very balanced and thoughtful interview. I really appreciate the way he talked about failure and making mistakes. Despite having a reputation of not taking any s**t, he sounds like he will build a team that will work hard for each other but not get too down on each other when things go badly. Great way to run a team imo - really praying he's here for the long term

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Very balanced and thoughtful interview. I really appreciate the way he talked about failure and making mistakes. Despite having a reputation of not taking any s**t, he sounds like he will build a team that will work hard for each other but not get too down on each other when things go badly. Great way to run a team imo - really praying he's here for the long term

I like how he's respectful to Holden. That's the 2nd interview in which he's paid Holden compliments for the work he did.

Funny that Palmer said 'you don't want to get on the wrong side of [Pearson]'

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, mozo said:

I like how he's respectful to Holden. That's the 2nd interview in which he's paid Holden compliments for the work he did.

Funny that Palmer said 'you don't want to get on the wrong side of [Pearson]'

I don't think anyone would want to 😂

( 00:15-00:18 )

Edited by Not Banksy
7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

So the one down side from a brilliant day - any news on Pato? Would like to see how he plays in a Pearson team that moves the ball forward!

Get hooked quicker n you can say Riley Towler, I reckon

I decided to spend the afternoon chainsawing in the Portuguese sun (ok, I had to go to work).  When I got home I eagerly sat down to read the forum match thread in order to find out the result, with a €6 box of vinho tinto, as is my wont (I have all football score notifications turned off on my phone).

I'm still not sure if I believe what I read! Can Big Nige do wrong? Even miraculously transformed Semenyo into a goalscorer. And his post-match interview! How happy does he look. You know what, if, when I wake up tomorrow, I realise that the person next to me in my bed is in fact Nigel Pearson, I'll actually be reasonably content.

• Haha 1

Terrible first half from us, but much better 2nd. 2 fantastic interviews today from Pearson, great to hear him dissect the game giving an honest and intelligent insights compared to the usual dross that got served up ("We weren't good enough", ""We go again in 2 days", "I've asked the players for a response!"). Give it a few weeks and reckon he will have sorted us right out, can see from day one the respect is there. (And no disrespect to Holden as he did well early doors but this guy is a different calibre and actually looking forward to the games again now!) 

• Like 1