Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Very sad news...good player in his day..RIP.

He was, hell of a player.

From a time when English centre halves often kicked the ball long, he could really play.

Amazed he never won a full cap when so many inferior players of his generation did.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

 

Was about to post this myself, what a well worded tribute. Tasteful, sincere, emotional and genuine - from someone that knew and worked with him. Pearson has really impressed me this first week - ironically with his ‘human’ qualities.

RIP Glenn

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

He was only 65.

Sad news.

Been sick for a good while I think. Still very sad though. Sleep easy Glen, you deserve the rest.

Edited by BigTone
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

He was, hell of a player.

From a time when English centre halves often kicked the ball long, he could really play.

Amazed he never won a full cap when so many inferior players of his generation did.

Memories of him bringing the ball forward out of defence on that plastic pitch, doing a step over and gliding past his man.

RIP Glenn.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Just heard that Glenn Roeder has died after a long battle with a brain tumour. Heartfelt condolences and prayers to his family and friends. 

My father in law died of a brain tumour within 6 months of diagnosis and another good friend also had a ten year battle with brain tumours, horrible stuff, RIP Glenn

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I heard this dreadful news I immediately thought back to a goal I always remembered in which Glenn Roeder was so very instrumental - this is how to carry a ball out of defence - watch from 0:52 secs here ... rest easy Glenn, too soon, too young ...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Was about to post this myself, what a well worded tribute. Tasteful, sincere, emotional and genuine - from someone that knew and worked with him. Pearson has really impressed me this first week - ironically with his ‘human’ qualities.

RIP Glenn

I agree. What a lovely tribute. This will be a tough loss for him so we need to be mindful of this.

He certainly seems to have the words and sets the right tone both in this and his football interviews.

Says what he wants to say,and leaves no doubt. And avoids unnecessary guff too which is refreshing. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When I heard this dreadful news I immediately thought back to a goal I always remembered in which Glenn Roeder was so very instrumental - this is how to carry a ball out of defence - watch from 0:52 secs here ... rest easy Glenn, too soon, too young ...

 

That was exactly the run I was referring to in my earlier post....ta.

  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...