IGNORED

Birmingham

Chrisbc

They are 3 points ahead of Rotherham who have 4 games in hand, think they are in big trouble!

Karanka is supposed to be renounced for his sides being very strong defensively, yet I thought they looked like one of the worst sides I've seen this season, especially at the back. As good as we were for me they look designed for the drop.

Probably the second worse team in the league, when you account for the games in hand and point deductions

They still created a couple of massive chances against us early which is concerning, and I think our reaction to some of the players who did well today is warped by just how bad they were. If all of our players suddenly look fast, maybe they're slow? What was encouraging was that we were positive, created a bunch of chances, and kept going instead of sitting there and bringing on defenders as soon as we scored. A relatively comfortable could have won by more is where we want to get to vs bottom feeders.

They looked like us under Holden, which is damning.

1 minute ago, Prinny said:

Probably the second worse team in the league, when you account for the games in hand and point deductions

They still created a couple of massive chances against us early which is concerning, and I think our reaction to some of the players who did well today is warped by just how bad they were. If all of our players suddenly look fast, maybe they're slow? What was encouraging was that we were positive, created a bunch of chances, and kept going instead of sitting there and bringing on defenders as soon as we scored. A relatively comfortable could have won by more is where we want to get to vs bottom feeders.

They looked like us under Holden, which is damning.

For me they have Bela and Hogan but nothing else. The CMs Harper and Sunjic are both very defensive players and the CAM hasn't lasted anywhere long. Defensively they were dire. Surprising really.

Their biggest hope has to be that Rotherham are miles behind in terms of games played & rumours that their next 2 might be off as well.

When you take into account the international break & the fact that they have a small, low wage squad Birmingham might escape again.

Have to admit, I hope not, they have flirted with relegation too many times.

I think Rotherham are playing every midweek between now and end of season and still have 1 to game to fit in. If the next 2 are off as well they are going to struggle to finish the season.  Be interesting if the EFL jiggle the fixtures so some are played Sundays so that Rotherham  can play Thursdays as well. 

This could then weaken other teams for they may have less rest than others. 

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Shambles of a side and it is lovely to see.

Hopefully them or Derby but preferably Birmingham.

Unfortunately Derby have just enough i recon - would be very happy to see those tossers go down. Deluded fans as well 

29 minutes ago, Chrisbc said:

Unfortunately Derby have just enough i recon - would be very happy to see those tossers go down. Deluded fans as well 

Wednesday, Derby and Brum would be the dream. Not going to happen, so would be very happy with Brum being the one dropping.

Horrible lot.

44 minutes ago, Chrisbc said:

For me they have Bela and Hogan but nothing else. The CMs Harper and Sunjic are both very defensive players and the CAM hasn't lasted anywhere long. Defensively they were dire. Surprising really.

I think Ivan Sanchez is good, the ball across to Bela should have been a goal. goals change games, and great passes well, help you get goals. No doubt in their position he's labelled as a luxury, but he's creative and classy, in a bad side.

Only seen them two times outside of the games we played though, because they're horrible to watch!

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Their biggest hope has to be that Rotherham are miles behind in terms of games played & rumours that their next 2 might be off as well.

When you take into account the international break & the fact that they have a small, low wage squad Birmingham might escape again.

Have to admit, I hope not, they have flirted with relegation too many times.

They have been living on borrowed time ever since we inexplicably let them off the hook a few years back, can't see them staying up reckon even Wycombe might finish above them they are that bad.

1 hour ago, Chrisbc said:

They are 3 points ahead of Rotherham who have 4 games in hand, think they are in big trouble!

Karanka is supposed to be renounced for his sides being very strong defensively, yet I thought they looked like one of the worst sides I've seen this season, especially at the back. As good as we were for me they look designed for the drop.

If he gets them relegated, I'm sure he will be renounced!

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They do don`t they? There were several comments on their forum last night about this - a lot are getting the feeling that they`re waving the white flag already.

Notice the amount of times Karanka shrugs his shoulders. Didn’t get the impression he is up for the fight!

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Notice the amount of times Karanka shrugs his shoulders. Didn’t get the impression he is up for the fight!

From what I saw yesterday it looked like they were a team of average players playing with no confidence whatsoever. At least when we were like that we knew that the players were good enough and were capable of performing better. I didn`t get that impression from Birmingham at all.

My Brum mate said to me yesterday that they've rode their luck past couple seasons and thinks they'll go down.

I don't know about their finances but he said they are in dire trouble and wouldn't be surprised that they went the same way as Bolton. I've yet to have time to ask him to elaborate on that...doubt he's in the mood tbh...

As bad as they turned out to be yesterday, it could have been a completely different story had luck been in their side rather than ours. Had one of the two efforts that hit the post gone in, they could have gone on to control the game comfortably. Obviously we will never know and it’s good to see the way we dominated from there on in.

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

My Brum mate said to me yesterday that they've rode their luck past couple seasons and thinks they'll go down.

I don't know about their finances but he said they are in dire trouble and wouldn't be surprised that they went the same way as Bolton. I've yet to have time to ask him to elaborate on that...doubt he's in the mood tbh...

Seems like it stemmed from the time when good old Harry Redknapp did his usual trick of buying expensive players and then disappearing when it didn't work out. He left the club just 8 games into the 2017/18 season.

He signed 14 players that summer.

They probably didn't have the money then and don't seem to have recovered under any manager since.

I would be glad to see then relegated for that last game of 2016/17 season.

Mumbles, shrug, mumbles, I don’t err shrug, mumbles don’t know shrug look down at floor know what is err happening mumbles, shrug shrug, I set formation, shrug mumbles, I don’t err err look at calendar shrug mumbles..

2 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Believe that part of their stadium will be closed when ground reopens due to structural problems unless they foot a £2m bill.  They will be 8n huge trouble if they go down and don’t think admin is too far away

They'll lose revenue from Coventry too who are returning to the Ricoh.  Always felt they weren't all they are cracked up to be.  Their level of support drops off a cliff as soon as they get lower end of championship /  league 1 in contrast to the likes of Leeds and Sunderland who are proper clubs with a loyal base of supporters.

It's an away game I'm happy to miss..

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

From what I saw yesterday it looked like they were a team of average players playing with no confidence whatsoever. At least when we were like that we knew that the players were good enough and were capable of performing better. I didn`t get that impression from Birmingham at all.

A bit like us a few weeks ago.  You could see players lacking confidence and some lacking effort.

2 hours ago, Xiled said:

Seems like it stemmed from the time when good old Harry Redknapp did his usual trick of buying expensive players and then disappearing when it didn't work out. He left the club just 8 games into the 2017/18 season.

He signed 14 players that summer.

They probably didn't have the money then and don't seem to have recovered under any manager since.

I would be glad to see then relegated for that last game of 2016/17 season.

Redknapp made all those signings then weeks later was moaning that he hadn't been able to get the players he wanted.

Archived