Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Ipswich Takeover Complete. What does this mean for us?

1 hour ago, cheese said:

Maybe this is the reason for a delay in confirming Pearson's long term appointment?

If Ashton hasn't gone to Ipswich by the time of Steve's trip over from Guernsey we should put their meetings on Robins TV like the final episode of the Apprentice. "Mark, it is with regret, you're fired."

"Nigel, you are hired."

In fact we could even organise for the out of contract players to try and make ice lollies or produce an advert for cat food, so that Steve can fire the lot of them before he goes back to Lulsgate too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, Olé said:

If Ashton hasn't gone to Ipswich by the time of Steve's trip over from Guernsey we should put their meetings on Robins TV like the final episode of the Apprentice. "Mark, it is with regret, you're fired."

"Nigel, you are hired."

In fact we could even organise for the out of contract players to try and make ice lollies or produce an advert for cat food, so that Steve can fire the lot of them before he goes back to Lulsgate too.

Beach towels more like..............

I wonder if Pearson's "If it's in the summer, it will be too late" comments are linked here. 

Perhaps he is insistent of Steve Walsh coming in alongside him and wants it sorted early to identify targets before the summer.

Therefore the "too late" comments would make sense. It's clear to see he isn't impressed with the current squad and will want to overhaul in the summer. 

Could be lots going on behind the scenes. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Can’t help but feel a bit worried about the relationship between Lansdown and us (fan base) if we’ve effectively pushed out a member of the team he clearly believes in. Hope this doesn’t get any uglier. 

Fight, fight, fight

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Can’t help but feel a bit worried about the relationship between Lansdown and us (fan base) if we’ve effectively pushed out a member of the team he clearly believes in. Hope this doesn’t get any uglier. 

Pushed out? Think that's stretching it a bit tbh.................

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Scudamore?  

Who knows?  It’s been a while since he stood down so will be well rested. He’s also a Bristol City fan so may  find a senior job a AG appealing.

Just a thought.............:dunno:

CEO is a pretty hands on job. Does he need the hassle? I doubt he needs the money!

7 minutes ago, hollydog said:

CEO is a pretty hands on job. Does he need the hassle? I doubt he needs the money!

Who knows whether he’d be interested? City are his club after all. He might jump at the chance.

Scudamore will have many contacts with the football industry and that would be a great asset to have on board.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TheJudge07 said:

Please let it be Mark Ashton that is appointed. Completely squandered the legacy and potential afforded by a double winning team. Any has presided over the most expensive recruitment drive in our history. There have been some hits but on the whole it must be judged on what we have - an unblanced squad and medically inept setup. We are now relying on unproven young players, who are not IMO ready for the Championship. And to compound matters lots of players have been allowed to enter the last year of contracts and can leave for free. What an absolute farce that is. I'll drive you Mr Ashton to Ipswich.  

To be fair when he joined us we were 22nd in the championship. He really did not ruin that league one winning side, it looked like it was going down. 

• Haha 1

I have no idea about any of this , but Ipswich Town is a PLC not a LTD, and I would think any information posted that related to a takeover could be seen as insider trading and market manipulation. Serious offences. I doubt the removal had anything to do with BCFC actually or Ashton. More to do with Ipswich and the SEC. I have no factual basis for this comment, but from recollection of the thread, it may have encroached into this territory. 

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

"not endear him to fans with the decision to appoint the experienced Dean Holden over more established figures such as Chris Hughton and Paul Cook, now Ipswich manager"

I love that the Post calls Holden "experienced"?!?   must be a typo??

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Daniro said:

"not endear him to fans with the decision to appoint the experienced Dean Holden over more established figures such as Chris Hughton and Paul Cook, now Ipswich manager"

I love that the Post calls Holden "experienced"?!?   must be a typo??

Thinks there's an "in" missing in front of "experienced".