IGNORED

Bristol City owner Steve Lansdown flies in to address major issues at Ashton Gate

chucky

38 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I dont think its reallly been mentioned on here why ashton was allowed to be involved with negotiations between ipswich and their American takeover, while he was ceo of bristol city? 

Yes, you'd think that was worth asking about, wouldn't you? Perhaps McGregory is working on it as we speak. If not, why not?

29 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Your calcs are wrong.  He didn't have to isolate at all because he's coming from a British territory.  Not sure what he actually has been doing, mind!

But what about Guernsey's protocols for getting back in there? Maybe that was a problem?

30 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I am left wondering what Jon Lansdown was doing while all this was going on. A chairman who has no idea of what is happening at his club.And looks on while it  is  all falling apart

Just exposes what we've known all along doesn't it? He's a waste of space.  

13 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes, you'd think that was worth asking about, wouldn't you? Perhaps McGregory is working on it as we speak. If not, why not?

But what about Guernsey's protocols for getting back in there? Maybe that was a problem?

Just exposes what we've known all along doesn't it? He's a waste of space.  

That wouldn't affect him meeting anyone here.  That would be a problem for going back, not coming in.  And yes, I believe they're a lot more strict, but that doesn't really concern us at all.

I had a good morning- nice walk in the sun - then came back to read the forum and I am now depressed. Every comment about how bad things are is true. The owner retired in Guernsey, the chairman living in the Caribbean and the Mark Ashton saga. You couldn’t make it up. I’ve hoped that SL would quickly announce that NP has been given the job full time and who would succeed MA, but now I don’t care. I just want any proper announcement that clarifies the future 

17 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

That wouldn't affect him meeting anyone here.  That would be a problem for going back, not coming in.  And yes, I believe they're a lot more strict, but that doesn't really concern us at all.

He's coming over a business meeting not a holiday. I'm sure he'd prefer to be back in Guernsey asap.

That means handing Ashton his P60, so to speak, and sitting down with Pearson to "look him in the eye". All that can be done in 1 day. 

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He's coming over a business meeting not a holiday. I'm sure he'd prefer to be back in Guernsey asap.

That means handing Ashton his P60, so to speak, and sitting down with Pearson to "look him in the eye". All that can be done in 1 day. 

Exactly...that's why it's so strange.  I'm sure he would prefer to be back in Guernsey, but I'm still not seeing why their incoming quarantine rules would affect anything our end?  Or am I being dim and missing something completely obvious?

22 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Exactly...that's why it's so strange.  I'm sure he would prefer to be back in Guernsey, but I'm still not seeing why their incoming quarantine rules would affect anything our end?  Or am I being dim and missing something completely obvious?

I'm not sure if/when it changed but I know a while ago for travelling to Gurnsey you had to isolate in England before travelling there and they had to isolate upon arrival back

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

History tells us that we wait six weeks for a huge disappointment...

Also tells us that the fanbase lost their shit a few months back causing Steve to come over and sort out another mess. You would hope by now that he has had a guts full of doing that and just does the right thing!!

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

The lack of communication from club plus the usual lack of transparency is baffling, whatever the situation is.  We, the fans who are the lifeblood of the club going forward, are treated as they say like mushrooms.

It's understandable that these things take time as a great philosopher somewhere North of BS3 once said so I can understand a lack of any detail being issued..................however, some sort of holding statement, however bland, to supporters along the lines of "things are in hand" would be desirable particularly when you are asking them to shell out £500 for a season ticket.

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Also tells us that the fanbase lost their shit a few months back causing Steve to come over and sort out another mess. You would hope by now that he has had a guts full of doing that and just does the right thing!!

Apart from the fans you cannot believe this is how you run a multi million pound business how the hell did it come to this

Just now, Blockb said:

Apart from the fans you cannot believe this is how you run a multi million pound business how the hell did it come to this

I think, to be fair to Steve, he has placed a huge amount of trust in his CEO to do the right thing. When his CEO leaked details of Fam's offer to Sky and when he then stated that the rest of them who were out of contract could effectively do one his CEO made a huge mistake which together with injuries were the major causes of the total shambles occurring since that ultimately lost Dean Holden his job and is now causing some people on here to question Pearson.

Bizarrely, to me anyway, I think Steve still rates the bloke and regrets that he is leaving.

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Your calcs are wrong.  He didn't have to isolate at all because he's coming from a British territory.  Not sure what he actually has been doing, mind!

Do you know, I think you’re right Steve. 
The Channel Islands don’t require quarantine as they’re considered part of a Common Travel Area. Good spot. 
Certainly Jon will have had to quarantine having arrived from Bermuda. But you’re correct, no quarantine would’ve been necessary for Steve. 
So, if he arrived last Wednesday, does this mean the 6 week countdown begins from then??...... 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I think, to be fair to Steve, he has placed a huge amount of trust in his CEO to do the right thing. When his CEO leaked details of Fam's offer to Sky and when he then stated that the rest of them who were out of contract could effectively do one his CEO made a huge mistake which together with injuries were the major causes of the total shambles occurring since that ultimately lost Dean Holden his job and is now causing some people on here to question Pearson.

Bizarrely, to me anyway, I think Steve still rates the bloke and regrets that he is leaving.

SL has taken his “eye of the ball”. As you state, he placed far too much trust in Ashton, who is the kingpin to all this mess. Why no holding statement makes you wonder?

”All I am interested in is hunting down bent CEOs”

Maybe, and this pure speculation, the delay is because SL is negotiating with a new CEO ie. Steve Walsh, and wants to get that position sorted ASAP but needs to remain quiet if he's interviewing someone already in that type of position but with a different company?

28 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I'm not sure if/when it changed but I know a while ago for travelling to Gurnsey you had to isolate in England before travelling there and they had to isolate upon arrival back

But that still wouldn't stop him getting business concluded while he's here...

4 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Maybe, and this pure speculation, the delay is because SL is negotiating with a new CEO ie. Steve Walsh, and wants to get that position sorted ASAP but needs to remain quiet if he's interviewing someone already in that type of position but with a different company?

Maybe, and that would explain things, but it wouldn’t preclude a generic “relax, everything is in hand” statement. 

5 minutes ago, beaverface said:

This is actually the more likely explanation I guess.  It seems he hasn't learned the lessons from last year.  Even a short "Talks are taking place and we hope to be in a position to announce something in the coming weeks" would do.

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

But that still wouldn't stop him getting business concluded while he's here...

Meant to quote the below post, point being the person I know of had to isolate entering England so the calculations could be right.

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

This is actually the more likely explanation I guess.  It seems he hasn't learned the lessons from last year.  Even a short "Talks are taking place and we hope to be in a position to announce something in the coming weeks" would do.

Cue responses saying "why do you need to be told anything, you are only a fan?"...................the thing is it might well shift a few more season tickets if he made that kind of statement.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Cue responses saying "why do you need to be told anything, you are only a fan?"...................the thing is it might well shift a few more season tickets if he made that kind of statement.

Followed by “I’ve put considerable money into the club, and I’ll do what I want....”

Just now, Davefevs said:

Followed by “I’ve put considerable money into the club, and I’ll do what I want....”

.........and then when reasonably minded people say "no problem with that Stevie, so will I, and that includes keeping my hand in the old sky rocket" people then accuse you of not being a "true fan" whatever the hell that is meant to be!!

I hope that I am wrong but I don't think it's going to be Pearson, unfortunately. 

Lansdown has said that there were long term targets and I stand to be corrected, but I think he also said that Pearson wasn't one of them.

I can't see any believable reason that Pearson wouldn't already have been offered a contract if Lansdown wanted him next season.

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I hope that I am wrong but I don't think it's going to be Pearson, unfortunately. 

Lansdown has said that there were long term targets and I stand to be corrected, but I think he also said that Pearson wasn't one of them.

I can't see any believable reason that Pearson wouldn't already have been offered a contract if Lansdown wanted him next season.

Speculation. Didn't see or hear the highlighted bit and I would imagine if he had said that a lot would have been made about it on here.

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Speculation. Didn't see or hear the highlighted bit and I would imagine if he had said that a lot would have been made about it on here.

I think he said it when Pearson was first appointed in the context of last summer, rather than now. 

But it does suggest that there are or were other preferred candidates.

Archived