IGNORED

Bristol City to get promoted or England win the Euros?

Sturny

16 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Genuinely didn’t know that. Fair play. No idea why you’d do that to yourselves though!

Guess through City supporting parents/family moving over the border. I may well be way off the mark though - could be imagining it but sure there were a few!  

3 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

Winning the euros would make gas fans happy too. I'll go with city for promotion.

and Liverpool and Chelsea and Man U and Man C and Spurs etc etc

I back England, but come on ffs City getting to the top flight again, without having to think about it.

City to get promoted all day long. Even if we came straight back down, the parachute payments will go a long way to build our long term future.

I would love to see England win the euros but nowhere near as much as the love for City getting promoted to the Prem

Hello guys. I would chose Romania national team if the question will be different.  City can go up anytime if they do the right things.

Ofc, my national team is not there so for me England is my favorite national team from Euro but you might not approve that France is by far better than most of the teams at this moment. Belgium will do very good also, but I would love a Trophy for England. If i remember well in 1966 England won the single one in their history. Not good figures for such a traditional county wuent it comes to Football. 

Good luck guys ! I really hope you can do it !

City promoted to the prem every time. I remember watching England win the world cup in 66 as a kid on our tv. But that did'nt compare to seeing City promoted to the Top division for four seasons. Those memories of those years still bring the hairs on the back of my neck up.  I hope that my 4 sons can also experience that feeling. 

It’s a tough call. England winning the Euro’s would be fantastic and raise our status as a top footballing nation across the continent.

City reaching the PL would also be fantastic and the thought  of seeing the top teams at AG is hugely appealing. However……..doing a Burnley and becoming established in the PL would be a long journey and no doubt City would struggle to avoid relegation once there and may even do a Baggies and a Fulham and come straight back down but hopefully bounce straight back up as Burnley did. It would definitely be a fascinating journey.

7 minutes ago, Rob k said:

As i always say - you will never have to make the choice so i will have both please 

Might as well ask for a Euromillions jackpot while you're at it. At least the Euromillions win is within the realm of possibility..... 

Hm, to see 41 years of hurt come to an end (City), or 55 years (England)?

After a near combined century of pain and failure, either option - City promoted/England win a trophy - seems equally pie in the sky!

But if we're talking pipedreams, then City back in the top flight.

On 15/06/2021 at 14:58, 054123 said:

For the bulk of my 40 year existence I’d would have vehemently picked club over country.

However as Father Time marches on, I’m beginning to think I may never see England win a thing.

Success for England is beginning to be a thing for me.

I think for us and promotion to the premier league the journey would probably be better than actually arriving.

5 hours ago, pillred said:

I think for us and promotion to the premier league the journey would probably be better than actually arriving.

Agreed, and that's where my vote might have been tempted to sway back a little to City. England winning the Euros would be fantastic but it'd also be short and sweet. It wouldn't be "forgotten" in a few weeks but certainly the celebrations would end. Watching City have a season like Norwich or even like our play off season or league 1 season. That winning feeling every week, that party atmosphere at away games. Would be incredible

On 15/06/2021 at 13:49, Sturny said:

Just seen this debate on the Stoke fourm. As above, which would you prefer? 

It's not even a question. City, all day long. 

My somewhat confused English/Irish/Welsh/German heritage may be a factor, tho' ?

Archived