IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Obviously closet gas. If you were old enough & remember how they (sorry you) conducted themselves (yourselves)  in 82 then you’d understand . 

The cr*p we went through in 1982, my school days putting up with a majority of gas 'friends'. Girlfriends who supported the Gas. Family who never went to watch the Gas but revelled in them beating us (w*nkers). 

This is all for them 😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LilRascal said:

Then drop in something along the lines of "when's your next derby match against Cheltenham?" a

Next season Cheltenham (& FGR) could both be in a higher division than Rovers; think of their embarrassment.

• Like 1

Some of you may read this nervous thatJohnson  is coming back to the club where even his bad runs are less embarrassing the run DH/NP have now overseen of 6 home defeats on the bounce?

No, he is coming with a tream he is quickly transforming and moulding into a winning side in a way no recent Sunderland manager has been able to do.

Unity for once, I hope on this forum that we really hope he gets a big win at the Memorial Tip. Like last night, i will have a glass for any away goal in an away win - and i rarely raise a toast to Swindle.

Anyone think Rovers will go as bottom team?

Anyone think they will swap places with the better (F.G) Rovers of the West Country?

Getting the thread back on track.  We are fast approaching the 20th anniversary of the last Bristol league derby which was on the 3rd April 2001.  The 1-1 draw where Phillips saved the penalty in the last minute.  Who’d have thought as walked out of their hovel of a ground that there wouldn’t be another league derby for at least 20 years.

• Like 1

Blackbird1 I hate those tosses with a passion because they are annoying xxxxx.

Look at the kit,look at ground,look at their fans,hollow head,the fake sheik.

,tick tock they r coming for us,the trumpton yrs,their stupid ####kin song.

Give me a reason to like the gits cuz I know they don’t like us.

My oldest mate (best man) is dopey gas **** .I txt him regularly.At the moment hourly they are that amusing.

Im 50 I know I shouldn’t care but that’s football ,it gets in your bones.

ftg ,ctid.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

Oh you are all are in love with him, aren't you!

As a Bristolian who remembers some cracking local derbies with the Gas at home and away. I'm a City supporter but that doesn't mean I want them to sink into the Fourth Tier. 

I'd rather they were in the same league as us, giving us an extra incentive to remain as Bristol's best.

So for me, I'd like to see them stuff Sunderland and their manager this evening.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

As a Bristolian who remembers some cracking local derbies with the Gas at home and away. I'm a City supporter but that doesn't mean I want them to sink into the Fourth Tier. 

I'd rather they were in the same league as us, giving us an extra incentive to remain as Bristol's best.

So for me, I'd like to see them stuff Sunderland and their manager this evening.

I agree, I don't want them in the fourth tier either. I would love to see the famous blue and white quarters playing on the Downs!

Oh yeah!!!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

43 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

There is absolutely no chance of them stuffing Sunderland this evening, the game is on Saturday..

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Blackbird1 said:

Of course..but these fixtures just don't happen anymore, and if as many do, want them to fold, they never will. Suppose I can take the laid back view over them, because I moved from Bristol when I was 16, but never lost the passion for City, never will. 

The rivalry at school was massive, but my sister married a gas head, and to be honest I used to go to Eastville with him and his mates, but never wanting a gas win. But he used to come with me to the Gate too, and those Wembley finals too, he always, he said wanted a City win. 

Those days at Eastville, and AG were massive local derbies, and I am glad I have those memories, some fantastic players, Harold Jarman, Alfie Biggs, Big John, brilliant.

Anyway thanks for all the bites, best fun I have had for ages.

So basically you are a Sag

Enjoy your bites fewer and enjoy the relegation party

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

There is just too much history between some of us on here and Rovers fans, which is why some on here just don’t get it.
I ain’t gonna bother listing the incidents as most will know what I am on about on here. Fact is they hate us and we (most of us) hate them more. 
They can **** off to Div 2 and stay there as far as I am concerned. That is where those stinking Horfield whores belong.
End off .....

Far too generous, I’d rather they disappeared, with no Phoenix.........

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Assuming you are living abroad, that would explain a lot. You don't have to live near   the rancorous toads !

I get when you live across the water for a while you yearn for everything and anything "Bristol" .  Well, you're welcome to them ,lock ,stock and stinking barrel !

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Some of you may read this nervous thatJohnson  is coming back to the club where even his bad runs are less embarrassing the run DH/NP have now overseen of 6 home defeats on the bounce?

No, he is coming with a tream he is quickly transforming and moulding into a winning side in a way no recent Sunderland manager has been able to do.

Unity for once, I hope on this forum that we really hope he gets a big win at the Memorial Tip. Like last night, i will have a glass for any away goal in an away win - and i rarely raise a toast to Swindle.

Anyone think Rovers will go as bottom team?

Anyone think they will swap places with the better (F.G) Rovers of the West Country?

Isn’t there a Lee Johnson forum you can post on ?

59 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I agree, I don't want them in the fourth tier either. I would love to see the famous blue and white quarters playing on the Downs!

Oh yeah!!!!

You want them on the Downs? What have the Downs League teams done to deserve this? No, no and thrice no. They should go to Dartmoor 

28 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

You want them on the Downs? What have the Downs League teams done to deserve this? No, no and thrice no. They should go to Dartmoor 

‘Ere. We don’t want them. 

Send them to Siberia.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pongo88 said:

This is probably the most sensible thing said about Wael on the forum. He’s got some money but absolutely no business brains. Owning the Rovers is just some Walter Mitty fantasy for him 

I just watched 8 minutes of Joey Barton's post match interview from last night (it is partly an obsession, partly a love of comedy). During the interview when he bemoans, amongst other things, Trevor Kettle's lack of fitness, he mentions that Bristol Rovers have foundations in sand, maybe that is part of the fake sheik's legacy. It is fairly early on in the interview so you won't have to waste a full eight minutes of your life to hear it for yourself...

Edit: 3:05 "Everything that we build is built on sand"

Edited by CiderJar

If you were like me, a schoolkid in the 80s, you would be celebrating this thread not having a go at it.  10 years of putting up with those Gas lot crowing is enough to make me love seeing them suffer.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 3

They were lucky to bounce back out of the conference first time.
Half of my life weve been above them now. Couldnt care less about them, especially when friends of mine who are gasheads seem more concerned by our results than their own. 
When they try to take the piss out of us when they are where they are i say sod em and hopefully they fall again and again!!

I've said before on this thread growing up in Winterbourne and Frampton in the early 80's was not a good time. How I loved that Martyn Hirst winner. We were back. It was crap in 1990 but God did his hamstring.

They've got a real personality complex with us now and then, I couldn't give a shit about them and hope they end up on the downs leagues.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, nickolas said:

They were lucky to bounce back out of the conference first time.
Half of my life weve been above them now. Couldnt care less about them, especially when friends of mine who are gasheads seem more concerned by our results than their own. 
When they try to take the piss out of us when they are where they are i say sod em and hopefully they fall again and again!!

The fact that there are Fewers who have produced children who have subsequently produced their own children since they were last above us in the league just about sums it up..........

It’s interesting and funny reading this thread. My first City game was 2001ish, I think I just missed out on witnessing a league derby... I’m now 26. Pretty tragic really!

I don’t necessarily hate them, they’re so far behind us in every aspect I possibly couldn’t. 

Doubt whether those from North Bristol of the 70’s are greatly different, in that probably have more Bristol Gassy friends than City. Indeed, I was best man to a Gashead and vice versa, and he remains one of my best friends to this day. While most of them were ‘standard’ fans, knew some of their absolute nutters well too. Given that, it was a bit alarming when I was persuaded to ball boy at Eastvile (once) with a couple of the normal Gassys, after playing a football match with them nearby (on the basis I would have to walk 8 miles home rather than get a lift). I’ve felt unclean ever since btw. 

I’d be absolutely delighted if they crashed out of the League, but would prefer them in the National League South than out of existence.

Hang on. No. Having re-read that, I’d love it for them to be out of existence.

Don’t think those who didn’t experience the 70’s rivalries can understand the ‘relationship’ those of my generation have with the Sags.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Basement Rovers dustbin thread