IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

17 hours ago, weepywall said:

I work with a bloke occasionally and we talk about football, he always talks about Arsenal, the other week after they beat Northampton he came in and said "what a result for the Gas, we're on our way up" ?‍♂️

Yes that is about right. If one suddenly comes out of the woodwork I remind them of why they were hiding in the first place. I just respond to anything by saying “Colin Daniel”. If, as sometimes they do they act as if they don’t know who you are talking about by saying “Who?” I then respond with “SIR Colin Daniel”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Yes that is about right. If one suddenly comes out of the woodwork I remind them of why they were hiding in the first place. I just respond to anything by saying “Colin Daniel”. If, as sometimes they do they act as if they don’t know who you are talking about by saying “Who?” I then respond with “SIR Colin Daniel”

Only a few weeks until St Colin`s day.

21 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yep, only 10k lower than we had last week for a "nothing" game !

I'm loving their "resurgence" , they were never going down, but this way, they'll all be pig-sick when the **** it all up, like we know they're going to !

Mumble mumble, Easter weekend, mumble school holidays, mumble mumble cricket on at Nevil Road mumble

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

The bellend is just naming towns and areas that are smaller than Bristol, forgetting that we own at least 3/4 of it !

I wouldn’t say it is a while since they were in the Championship (it’s 1993, actually) but they appear to think Brentford are still in it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

I wouldn’t say it is a while since they were in the Championship (it’s 1993, actually) but they appear to think Brentford are still in it.

For clarification, the post was made a couple of years ago when Rovers were in League 1 and ‘Standard Saghead’ was looking up, not down.

Wonder how that went? 

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Never forget….7634D17B-34F8-4A10-BFA8-30D3C41D99FF.thumb.jpeg.330146ab98ac674303789b1e60448711.jpeg

To be fair, if you spend any time in West London you will find a lot of Fulham, QPR and Brentford fans saying they wish they were a really big club like Bristol Rovers. I'm sure many of them would like to swap their ground, trophies, players, support etc with the mighty Gas.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

9,590. Still can’t break 10,000!

But, they somehow without no-one even knowing (even their own supporters) reduced the capacity of the shitpit to 9,000 odd.

So now they claim they 'sell out' every game.

Strange *****.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

But, they somehow without no-one even knowing (even their own supporters) reduced the capacity of the shitpit to 9,000 odd.

Strange *****.

That’s the way to do it.

Cant sell out their tiny stadium for shit so the club just reduce the capacity...

Get these ******* turnips a new stadium ASAP and adjust the capacity weekly to suit however many of their balloon head ‘supporters’ can tear themselves away from the Champions League or Great British Bake Off on the telly. Don’t forget to look at the Weather Forecast...

Gasheads don’t like rain.

Or home games that start within 3 hours of finishing work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Strange *****.

The Safety Advisory Group have brought in tougher regulations since Covid, which has affected the capacity.  Supporters are no longer allowed to stand at the perimiter of the pitch, and general standing capacity has been reduced to make it easier to keep the "yellow box" areas clear of fans.  Not sure how this really impacts on the safety of the stadium, but I suppose that they have to do something to justify their existence.

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That’s the way to do it.

Cant sell out their tiny stadium for shit so the club just reduce the capacity...

Get these ******* turnips a new stadium ASAP and adjust the capacity weekly to suit however many of their balloon head ‘supporters’ can tear themselves away from the Champions League or Great British Bake Off on the telly. Don’t forget to look at the Weather Forecast...

Gasheads don’t like rain.

Or home games that start within 3 hours of finishing work.

You sure about that one? I don`t know if community service ought to be classed as work.

18 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

9,590. Still can’t break 10,000!

That's about the limit considering how the ground is "configured" and allowing for their two away fan sections. We'll see what their attendances are like once they move to the banana skin stadium ...