IGNORED

Sound System Dolman.

Desso

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

As promised I emailed Richard Gould regarding the above and guess what? - he replied within minutes thanking me for raising  it for his attention.

Wow! just wow…….very impressive indeed and completely different to his predecessor who probably wouldn’t have bothered to reply.

Things at AG are really looking up after several years of poor management both on the pitch and off it. New established manager and a new experienced CEO. I have haven’t felt this positive for years.

Great news but I think he will find they will have to spend abit of money to get it right..It was dreadful yesterday then again it's dreadful in the entire ground.. Did you see the sound delay on the big screen when Downsy was speaking ? Honestly it winds me up every time. Get some rigging pitchside and let the sound lift up into the stands.

I sit in Central Dolman. Heard a lot of people praise the Terry Cooper tribute. I thought it was a shambles. I heard “Gerry Sweeney” and everything after that was inaudible. 

Regardless of whether they fix the sound it would be a good idea to put the names of the participants up on the screen, or take a camera on to the pitch to broadcast close ups.

1 minute ago, Gumpster1 said:

I sit in Central Dolman. Heard a lot of people praise the Terry Cooper tribute. I thought it was a shambles. I heard “Gerry Sweeney” and everything after that was inaudible. 

Regardless of whether they fix the sound it would be a good idea to put the names of the participants up on the screen, or take a camera on to the pitch to broadcast close ups.

Same for me - heard Gerry Sweeney announced and sod all after that was audible.

The PA is useless, not fit for purpose.

It comes under the remit of Mark Kelly and he's been ignoring the problem for years, so I think its a problem here to stay. Maybe flagging it up as a H&S issue will see him spring into action.

23 hours ago, Robbored said:

As promised I emailed Richard Gould regarding the above and guess what? - he replied within minutes thanking me for raising  it for his attention.

Wow! just wow…….very impressive indeed and completely different to his predecessor who probably wouldn’t have bothered to reply.

Things at AG are really looking up after several years of poor management both on the pitch and off it. New established manager and a new experienced CEO. I have haven’t felt this positive for years.

What did he say, are they getting it checked, renewed or something else? Like you, I've been a critic of it for years but they don't seem to care. Obviously, its OK in the posh seats so sod every body else.

I wonder if the supporters trust still have regular meetings with the club and could bring it up again. I used to attend the meetings until JL pulled the plug on them. I know you get a lot of ribbing Robbo,  but I'm with you all the way.

I used to sit in the Dolman and the PA system was horrendous. Moved to the Lansdown a few years ago and whilst it’s better from there - constantly the planning of when Downsey is going to speak is constantly amateurish.

With Saturday’s past players being announced - make sure there is time to introduce all the players before the teams come out (hence the crowd start cheering and no one can hear anything) - as someone else mentioned - allow the camera to show close ups of the players, and insert their name on the big screen - surely we have sufficiently IT trained employees in our media team to make this happen.

All of this isn’t really difficult - it just takes a little planning and co-ordinating to get things right for everyone!

Am I really asking too much!!

Further update - received another email from RG saying that the Dolman speakers do need improving and that they think the problem could be rectified by rebalancing the volume, checking the microphones but that it does currently work at an acceptable level to meet H&S regulations.

He also said that replacing the speaker system would expensive.

Why couldn’t MKelly taken the time to explain in this manner?……….:dunno:

Its taken an email to our new CEO to finally get some response and hopefully action from the hierarchy at AG.

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Further update - received another email from RG saying that the Dolman speakers do need improving and that they think the problem could be rectified by rebalancing the volume, checking the microphones but that it does currently work at an acceptable level to meet H&S regulations.

Its taken an email to our new CEO to finally get some response and hopefully action from the hierarchy at AG.

At least you have an answer if not that great.. Acceptable level for H&S how did they come to that conclusion? Didn't they rebalance the volume before ? So basically what he's saying is the speakers are not up to the job but we can't afford to upgrade( Not just speakers but amplifiers come into the play as well). Think they need to save some penny's and do the entire ground this has been a problem ever since I can remember. I'm not convinced but we will see.

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not a very satisfactory response. 

The speaker system has an important part to play in safety announcements for one thing. It's not just an optional add-on so you can hear very muffled music before the match.

It actually seems to have deteriorated in the 18 months since I was there last year. I could hardly even hear the dreaded Blackbird song as I exited.

The PA moans got me thinking that in the same stand for years and years the sound was crisp and clear. It only seemed to completely be ferked after the rebuild. Someone cocked up there!

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

The speaker system has an important part to play in safety announcements for one thing. It's not just an optional add-on so you can hear very muffled music before the match.

It actually seems to have deteriorated in the 18 months since I was last year. I could hardly even hear the dreaded Blackbird song as I exited.

The PA moans got me thinking that in the same stand for years and years the sound was crisp and clear. It only seemed to completely be ferked after the rebuild. Someone completely cocked up there!

Can you remember what company they had to install it and set up.. I think it was announced on the website before the ground was just being redeveloped.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It actually seems to have deteriorated in the 18 months since I was last year. I could hardly even hear the dreaded Blackbird song as I exited.

The PA moans got me thinking that in the same stand for years and years the sound was crisp and clear. It only seemed to completely be ferked after the rebuild. Someone completely cocked up there!

Any response is better than no response which would have been the case under the previous CEO. 

Just now, Street red said:

Can you remember what company they had to install it and set up.. I think it was announced on the website before the ground was just being redeveloped.

I can't, but I can't imagine it's anyone with much experience of setting up a public address system in a stadium the size of AG.

Like yourself, I had no idea who was on the pitch with Gerry Sweeney.

Having a shit speaker system makes events like that pointless unless they are going to put up captions on the screen.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Any response is better than no response which would have been the case under the previous CEO. 

Agreed, but "we can't afford to upgrade" is not very wonderful from a club owned by a billionaire.

A PL standard ground with non-league standard sound system is embarrassing. 

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Agreed, but "we can't afford to upgrade" is not very wonderful from a club owned by a billionaire.

A PL standard ground with non-league standard sound system is embarrassing. 

RG didn’t actually say that ‘we can’t afford to upgrade’  he said it would be ‘very expensive’ - not quite the same thing!

34 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I can't, but I can't imagine it's anyone with much experience of setting up a public address system in a stadium the size of AG.

Like yourself, I had no idea who was on the pitch with Gerry Sweeney.

Having a shit speaker system makes events like that pointless unless they are going to put up captions on the screen.

No point having two nice TVs and having a crap sound system. Makes the matchday experience just embarrassing.

53 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Received this today from the SLO. 

Thanks for the message, I've received a lot of contacts on this subject and it's been raised with the stadium management.

Cheers Jerry

The stadium management (MKelly) have been aware of the problem for years and I’ve spoken to various SLO’s but despite being decent guys they were essentially toothless.

No point contacting MKelly - another waste of time so I finally emailed the top man RG who replied almost immediately and is now aware of the issue.

No point emailing his predecessor- I wouldn’t have got a reply…………..:cool2: let alone an explanation.

Archived