IGNORED

Time to play Bell and Conway ?

westonred

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When fit, I would be interested in seeing Weimann kinda wide right but not full on right ie right of a front 3, Semenyo wide left and Wells central- think that could be interesting. If we played Weimann too far to the right that would hinder him- and us- significantly. That aside, agree on Weimann and Wells.

Service can be improved for sure but with a good CM 3- again when fit- of James-Massengo-Williams, Atkinson able to step out from the back 4 and Tanner and DaSilva have room for growth, service issues could resolve over time.

We have options though, Scott and Semenyo when fit I'd like to see more gametime, Wells and Weimann I think have potential to combine.

Scott always a good option to have on the bench youl at least get effort and energy.

11 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Having watched u23s a couple of times recently & based on that alone Bell is miles off the first team and not even shining at that level.  Let’s just hope Wells is fit and it was precautionary last night

Interesting.

Can’t make these games these days, so what do you make of Janneh? We seem to be playing him as a wing back at times but in addition to the 2 he got at Forest Green, he scored a cracker for the 23s at Sheff U, he certainly has pace (which we lack), not worth having on the bench in the absence of Semenyo?

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Question is does Nige think that Bell is robust enough to start in a Championship match? He definitely thinks that Britton isn’t ready yet and may well feel the same about Bell.

Fitness wise Bell is definitely fit enough to compete at championship level

12 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Having watched u23s a couple of times recently & based on that alone Bell is miles off the first team and not even shining at that level.  Let’s just hope Wells is fit and it was precautionary last night

He is however joint top scorer in the league, as he's seemingly getting the goal at Ipswich given to him. By all accounts played well at Ipswich.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

He is however joint top scorer in the league, as he's seemingly getting the goal at Ipswich given to him. By all accounts played well at Ipswich.

By all accounts?  You were there! ???

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting.

Can’t make these games these days, so what do you make of Janneh? We seem to be playing him as a wing back at times but in addition to the 2 he got at Forest Green, he scored a cracker for the 23s at Sheff U, he certainly has pace (which we lack), not worth having on the bench in the absence of Semenyo?

I honestly thought before pre-season he would move on.  But he had a good pre-season and surprised me a bit. But, not enough to think he’ll be good enough for us as a wide player.  He’d be better down the middle, he’s a finisher.  He’s got the knack.  Would at least like to see him central before writing him off.

Nige not impressed with his off the ball stuff v FGR.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2021 at 22:39, Silvio Dante said:

I think you have to remember Niges view - just because they have a squad number, it doesn’t mean they’re part of the first team squad. And they’re not - none of the three of them. Dropping Weimann is just nuts, and although I agree Martin needs a rest, the only alternate in those three that won’t lead to a ball coming back at us is Britton - and I trust NPs opinion that he’s a way off currently.

A loan for Britton then, cause I do love his raw aggression and would love to see him get a go 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting.

Is Semenyou totally over this injury he had start if the season . I would like to see him on bench and  used more 

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting.

Well he’s certainly explosive in terms of pace & gives us something different as don’t think he even knows what he’s going to do next. Played one game as a full back after early sending off and was very very good. Next game he was moved up front and missed a boat load of chances but was in the right places.   Overall, I thought he has played well & for the wild card off the bench then I’d include him.

@Lrrr I’ll defer to you as know you’ve seen a lot more of him.  As for Bell, just seen him twice and he seems to be playing wide rather than central but as you say he scores & is certainly another with pace.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Well he’s certainly explosive in terms of pace & gives us something different as don’t think he even knows what he’s going to do next. Played one game as a full back after early sending off and was very very good. Next game he was moved up front and missed a boat load of chances but was in the right places.   Overall, I thought he has played well & for the wild card off the bench then I’d include him.

@Lrrr

Thanks mate, respect your views.

For me, as someone who thinks we are on the right track, like you I think we just need a wildcard on the bench because whilst I get how we are now in every game & battle harder, we look pretty goal shy & lacking width & pace.

This lad is raw but we can’t score less than nil so if we are behind late on in games, if Semenyo isn’t available, what have we got to lose?

A subs bench with Palmer, Scott & O’Dowda on it is really highly unlikely to see all 3 come in, (in fact the chances of both Scott & Palmer must be virtually nil) so I’d rather this lad than one of them if Antoine is out.

Wonder what would have happened if this had been a home game?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Shuffle said:

@Lrrr I’ll defer to you as know you’ve seen a lot more of him.  As for Bell, just seen him twice and he seems to be playing wide rather than central but as you say he scores & is certainly another with pace.

Janneh often plays wide of a front 3 or wide in the 4 of a 343, powerful and will drive at players but still rough 

On 29/09/2021 at 22:23, RedNachos said:

...i'm perfectly content with Andi but Martin is dogshit.

You are ‘perfectly content’ with Weimann yet you describe the guy who has scored just ONE less goal than Weimann this season, and who has better ‘shot accuracy’ stats than Weimann as “dogshit” ... this place is very difficult sometimes ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1