IGNORED

Downsy

Henry

16 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Some people clearly have an agenda against Downsy. This was clearly set up.

He's crap that's why.

Tim Shires the previous man on the tannoy was got rid of was far better and a big City fan. Exactly the same with Adam Baker.

Edited by 2015
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, 2015 said:

He's crap that's why.

Tim Shires the previous man on the tannoy was got rid of was far better and a big City fan. Exactly the same with Adam Baker.

Tim and Downsy had different job. Tim effectively pressed play on a playlist.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

My problem with Downsy is the hyping up of everything all the time. I don't need to be reminded that I am there to see the boys in red, I don't need to be told that the kickoff is coming up next, I don't need to be told that my 'heroes' are in the tunnel and will be out soon, I don't need to be told who we are playing. All of it in an over excited voice. Also, please stop telling us we are special fans in some way. We are not. 

The replacement on Monday was a lot more measured and a damn sight better for it. 

Yes, I don't remember David Lloyd being so over enthusiastic…

I do find Downsy really annoying…and do find myself regularly swearing in his general direction while he is talking. Sorry :shutup:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

My problem with Downsy is the hyping up of everything all the time. I don't need to be reminded that I am there to see the boys in red, I don't need to be told that the kickoff is coming up next, I don't need to be told that my 'heroes' are in the tunnel and will be out soon, I don't need to be told who we are playing. All of it in an over excited voice. Also, please stop telling us we are special fans in some way. We are not. 

The replacement on Monday was a lot more measured and a damn sight better for it. 

THIS IS ASHTON GATE STADIUM.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Baldies hate having their hat removed especially if it keeps reoccurring like it seems on the clip

He obviously knows the person in the costume but has to treat him as real ?

If the ***** that worried about his hair then he should go over to Turkey and get a hair transplant like every man and his dog seems to be doing at the moment?!! 
I’m sure he can afford a few grand as i doubt he is on a bad screw ?‍♂️

All jokes aside yes i do agree with the general sentiment that the bloke comes across as a complete tool. Most of this new Bristol sport setup make me cringe to be honest, its all corporate BS that really doesn’t resonate with the traditional BCFC fanbase.

Edited by bris red
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Adam Baker barely did anything in relation to stadium announcing and was horrifically unclear when he did. Think he did the first reading of team news for perhaps a season at most and it was painfully bad. 

True, although as Head of Communications he had the good sense to stick someone on tannoy duty who was a City fan and also, crucially, wasn't a prize pr1ck. 

Do you need to be a City fan? Of course not. Do you need to be a football fan, even? Of course not.

But it sure does help, as "Downsy" demonstrates week after week! 

It's the little things that count. At a time when rather too many  supporters are turned off by the whole Bristol Sport thing, and feel increasingly disconnected from their football club, it really doesn't help if you sack off employees who were not only excellent at their jobs but also City fans themselves, and replace them with buffoons. That only makes rather too many supporters feel disengaged and the matchday experience feel like something to be endured not enjoyed. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Street red said:

Pre match is bloody awful to be honest nothing to get the crowd going and the videos you can't hear, Downsy and a crap sound system make it double whammy of cringe! 

Just think yourselves lucky you don’t have to endure shite like Simba Cam and Raving Fan Cam like we do at the Rugby. I know he’s only doing his job, but fukk me he seems to revel in the bloody stuff. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

True, although as Head of Communications he had the good sense to stick someone on tannoy duty who was a City fan and also, crucially, wasn't a prize pr1ck. 

If we're going to credit Adam Baker with what happened on his watch as Head of Comms, Downsy was appointed as stadium announcer on his watch.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

If we're going to credit Adam Baker with what happened on his watch as Head of Comms, Downsy was appointed as stadium announcer on his watch.

At some point Lisa Knights was appointed above him, and I think the appointment of Downsy would be more likely her sort of thing. I credit AB with too much common sense for that sort of misstep.

• Like 1

If nothing else, Downsy comes across as a right tool IMO. There’s a monthly rag round here in which he has a column and it’s complete self-indulgent dross, most recently banging on about how he’d bought a bar etc. I know where he can shove that raving fan cam at the rugby! Cringeworthy.

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Just think yourselves lucky you don’t have to endure shite like Simba Cam and Raving Fan Cam like we do at the Rugby. I know he’s only doing his job, but fukk me he seems to revel in the bloody stuff. 

Wtf is simba cam?! ?

Have you ever stopped to think that Downsy may have been having a bad day? Something may have been happening in his life that particularly affected him that day?

Have you ever been publicly scrutinised for doing your job? Have you been purposely wound up to the point of no return? Had a camera shoved in your direction when you reach said point?

Downsy has his flaws in the position he holds, there’s no denying that and criticism there is fair. But there seems to be an underlying hatred from some because he’s not “one of us” or what we expect/desire our stadium announcer to be.

Give the guy a ******* break.

Edited by westred1
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1