IGNORED

Isn’t Kasey too good to leave out in the cold ….

Denbury Red

He always did flatter to deceive IMO. Signed as the player who could perhaps add "that little bit of magic" to LJ's swarm of "busy bees". But he's never settled. Effectively he has signed for us 3 times, and on each occasion his attacking prowess and hunger for goals has been touted as the key to unblocking the team's potential. 3 times, under 3 different managers, it has failed to materialise.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, marmite said:

Palmer , Tomlin, Jet  ,Jacki. The list of skilful players that we have been unable to get a tune out of on a regular basis. Although none went on to be world beaters did they?

Think we probably had more out of JET than any other club in his career.

No fan of Dziekanowski but he was on the way down when we got him, his best years were at Celtic.

Tomlin has been a waster everywhere he’s been, rowed with Eddie Howe at Bournemouth & Cardiff recently paid his contract up, we’re not exactly unique to have had issues with him.

I’ve been a big fan of Kasey but have to admit that I’ve run out of patience with him. We all know that technically he’s our best player and think there is a myth around he doesn’t work as he certainly does but as mentioned is it always effective.  The biggest surprise to me was the exclusion from the Jamaica team after one game with the squad since his debut containing players with lower ranked teams.  I think the Forest game was tipping point as believe that he got sucked into ball watching and allowed the Forest player to make the pass that brought the penalty.  If you believe the rumours Pearson ripped him a new one after game & not in squad since.

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Indeed, i am of the view he is finished here. A shame but he has been given more than enough opportunities.

I think he needs a sustained run in the team something he definitely hasn't had.

I think he wants to do well and so when he gets the chance, tries too hard. He's aware of his position.

I'm not blind to his bad performances - he was anonymous vs Forest when he should have tried to get on the ball. This is why I think Pearson has him sitting on his "punishment bus" at the moment.

We have invested so much in him financially surely in a team that's struggling to create chancesor goals from midfield we need to give him 3 games guaranteed and hope he can recreate his best form? There is a quality player in there and comparing him to Tomlin is, in my opinion, unfair as he does mostly put a shift in - if anything I would like to see less sliding tackles.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s a well built chap imho.  I’m gonna get done by the sports scientists on here, but he strikes me as being “heavy boned”, which is probably a load of crap, but he looks like he carries a bit, even when looking toned.

He's 5'9" - a relatively low centre of gravity and great balance which means he can fend off challenges quite easily and is difficult to knock off the ball. 

That may give the perception that he's a "unit" or even heavily boned - but I'd argue against both tbh.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

20 months.

Arguably the right length to try for a fee then. Shorter and we would have to let him go on a season long loan and hope his wages got covered. 

IF someone can be persuaded to take him on permanently in January, we’d hope to get a bit of a fee for him at least. 

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

Kasey is done in my view. Had so many chances and hasn’t taken them. Another one to get off the wage bill.

Couldn’t agree more. Has had more than enough chances, often costing the team a goal and only occasionally contributing towards a goal.  His handball at Rotherham Utd last year was the final straw for me

Said it before and I’ll say it again: He may well show skills / play keepy uppy like a boss and for sure he has the ability to slot in a killer pass BUT he doesn’t put a shift in. Work rate nowhere near high enough for the modern game.

Why does anyone think he will be bought in January? Who will buy him and for how much? Considering how much he cost / his wages we would be better off all round letting him go for nothing. 

42 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Arguably the right length to try for a fee then. Shorter and we would have to let him go on a season long loan and hope his wages got covered. 

IF someone can be persuaded to take him on permanently in January, we’d hope to get a bit of a fee for him at least. 

In a pre-covid world, yep.  In my opinion, not a chance of getting a fee and someone pick up his £20K+ p.w. wage.  When someone like Weimann, who plays every week is on £9-10k, nobody is gonna pay a fee, unless Kasey is prepared to take a heavily cut salary in exchange for a long deal.  I don’t see that happening.

He’s costing us best part of £2m a year in wages and amortisation.  Eeeeeeeeek ?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

Think he’s going to be the next jet.

And like JET didn't get the run in the team. There are certain players who can dip in and out of teams , but others like JET & Kasey need a constant run in the team. Not just one game, play poorly so dropped.

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I would say it would be bad management if he was injured. To imply he’s been poor in training when he’s actually injured would worrying to his man management. I just can’t see that 

Exactly my thoughts, NP wouldn't expect injured players to train hard until they were ready for it.

2 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

Would like to see him in the role Weimann played on Saturday; as a no.10 but behind a front 2 of Weimann and Wells. If he can't provide assists in that setup then he never will and needs to go.

If what others have said about him not training well, then it is entirely justified by Pearson to not pick him in the squad.

Yes like the sound of that combination. Palmer would be able to give the through balls to Wells that no one seems able to deliver.

12 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes like the sound of that combination. Palmer would be able to give the through balls to Wells that no one seems able to deliver.

Pretty pointless playing Palmer if NP persists in playing Martin up front.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In a pre-covid world, yep.  In my opinion, not a chance of getting a fee and someone pick up his £20K+ p.w. wage.  When someone like Weimann, who plays every week is on £9-10k, nobody is gonna pay a fee, unless Kasey is prepared to take a heavily cut salary in exchange for a long deal.  I don’t see that happening.

He’s costing us best part of £2m a year in wages and amortisation.  Eeeeeeeeek ?

How do you know Weimann’s salary chief?

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t like that expression (snowflake Fevs)….someone agreed to pay it.

I get that Dave. It’s a contract you are right but doesn’t the player feel a little embarrassed ? Particularly when a youth player on 800 quid a week is picked ahead of him. 

Steal a living is harsh yes - but there are plenty of very rich players just training at various clubs and not playing. Waste of their careers and money going out of the game 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

And like JET didn't get the run in the team. There are certain players who can dip in and out of teams , but others like JET & Kasey need a constant run in the team. Not just one game, play poorly so dropped.

I think that’s pretty disingenuous to JET. He was absolutely brilliant for us here. The only reason he was dropped is because we had two other strikers who were banging them in (Wilbs and Agard?) but when the time came for JET and (awful) Matt Smith to step up, they were more than adequate. Unless I’m miss remembering (I do have a bit of a soft spot for JET!)

• Like 8
  • Robin 1

19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Pretty pointless playing Palmer if NP persists in playing Martin up front.

Yes I can agree with that. But I really feel Wells is a 20 goal striker and we are wasting that. Play him central forward with a supply line. And I am sure Palmer could do that.

Just my opinion of course

Tin hat on 

• Like 4