IGNORED

Isn’t Kasey too good to leave out in the cold ….

Denbury Red

I think he’s played something like 35 games worth of minutes for us & scored 6 assisted 7 in that time. Not the worst record.

NP obviously likes a target man type up front & I’m not sure that sort of player & KP go together. 

I wouldn’t completely write him off, but  I wouldn’t be too disappointed if he went.

I think he’ll definitely find a side at this level if/when he does leave. 

1 hour ago, marmite said:

Kasey is that old enigma where if he was playing against us we would say "wow  he's just what we need ".  Trouble is,  as has been stated on here, we don't play a style that would suit him.  We play long ball to Martin rather than play through midfield with runners up top , which would suit Palmers game more. I think we change our game to suit his style, which I would prefer to watch anyway , or we let him go. My money's on the latter.

Funnily enough I remember him for Blackburn against us & thought the complete opposite.

Unfortunately LJ & Ashton didn’t & despite a pretty mediocre loan spell we still signed him.

We will really struggle to offload him before his contract expires.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Funnily enough I remember him for Blackburn against us & thought the complete opposite.

Unfortunately LJ & Ashton didn’t & despite a pretty mediocre loan spell we still signed him.

We will really struggle to offload him before his contract expires.

My guess would be even if we can offload him, it would probably mean he goes without a fee & we still end up paying a percentage of his wages.

Well I actually have faith in him. I think he's a terrific player on his day. Yes, he can seem lazy at times but in general the whole team as a unit hasn't been playing well for a while.

Zak Vyner is another one.  

It is up to Nige to get the best out of him. 

2 hours ago, marmite said:

Trouble is,  as has been stated on here, we don't play a style that would suit him.  We play long ball to Martin rather than play through midfield with runners up top , which would suit Palmers game more. I think we change our game to suit his style, which I would prefer to watch anyway , or we let him go. My money's on the latter.

I thought we did try to play more this way on Saturday. Wells was playing on the shoulder and got lots of off-side calls against him. And both our goals came from balls played through from midfield.

2 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Classic case of bags of talent bad attitude, unfortunately a product of the system where kids grow up in a bubble of entitlement. Plenty of first team regulars would kill for some of his skills but few managers seem to trust him.

Out of interest do we actually know he has a bad attitude?  Agree on the bubble stuff.

Having met the guy, he’s quite quiet, young in attitude (you might say a bit immature) and certainly not brash, arrogant or anything like that.  He worked really hard in the summer he first joined permanently to get fit, using Jamie Lawrence’s gym (a bit like Back2Action).  Nige said he worked hard this summer too.

1 hour ago, Taylor10 said:

You have taken the words right out my mouth here fella.

I get the comparisons with JET but KP isn’t fit to lace JET’s boots. I used to love watching him. What a player. I can’t imagine KP would ever contribute to so many goals or assists even if he dropped down a league.

That is of course your view.

Playing Devil’s “data” advocate:

JET at Champ.

93F08BC0-6CD8-46E9-B633-14B714BF7AC2.thumb.jpeg.f7d66698ca720f572bbdd56b69c69c0f.jpeg

19 goals / 14 assists in the equivalent of 75 full 90s.

EBA2DEBC-B443-4D75-93B7-2C1AD788E2BF.thumb.jpeg.924d0f7f6d33cd0b23ea2443eb99c023.jpeg

Kasey:

14 goals / 11 assists in 66 full 90s.

JET shades it but not by much.

I think “lacing boots” is slightly through League One tinted glasses…..but that’s my opinion only.

3 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I thought we did try to play more this way on Saturday. Wells was playing on the shoulder and got lots of off-side calls against him. And both our goals came from balls played through from midfield.

If we are going to play through midfield, (someone had better tell Bentley), then it might suit Kasey. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think “lacing boots” is slightly through League One tinted glasses…..but that’s my opinion only.

Definitely. It was much easier for JET to stand out in League One because his technique was genuinely at least one league above everyone else on the pitch, which covered for the holes in his game. In the championship the skill gap narrowed and suddenly his lack of mobility and work rate caught up with him more. I'd certainly rather have JET in League One, but in the championship I think Palmer is more effective.

It's disappointing that KP hasn't realised his full potential. But he can be exciting and creative and if we're committed to paying millions for him over the coming years, we ought to be doing all we can to help him reach his potential.

I'd rather watch him giving it a go - and hopefully settling into some form - than watch Chris Martin lumbering about ineffectively. 

6 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

It's disappointing that KP hasn't realised his full potential. But he can be exciting and creative and if we're committed to paying millions for him over the coming years, we ought to be doing all we can to help him reach his potential.

I'd rather watch him giving it a go - and hopefully settling into some form - than watch Chris Martin lumbering about ineffectively. 

This Martin stuff makes me laugh.

I don’t agree with our tactic of him starting every game but that’s hardly his fault, it’s on Nige & not replacing Famara.

I suppose his assist for the winner on Saturday was “lumbering about ineffectively”?

The late winner at Peterborough? The goals in the wins at QPR & Reading? 
The goal line clearance on Saturday? The goal that should have got us 3 points on the opening day?

This season his contribution dwarfs anything Palmer has done in the entire time since he signed for us.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This Martin stuff makes me laugh.

I don’t agree with our tactic of him starting every game but that’s hardly his fault, it’s on Nige & not replacing Famara.

I suppose his assist for the winner on Saturday was “lumbering about ineffectively”?

The goal line clearance on Saturday? The goal that should have got us 3 points on the opening day?

This season his contribution dwarfs anything Palmer has done in the entire time since he signed for us.

Agree 100%

He's been very good in a number of games.

He should'nt have played in a few games - like Bournemouth where the game was too quick for him. But as you say, its not his fault he is selected.

In the right team with right tactics, playing to his strengths, he's very effective.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Chris Martin has played every game this season and you've mentioned ALL of his highlights in 3 short lines. Nearly all - he's got a second assist which I can't remember. Given he's played as a target man, who has the job of holding it up or knocking it down to set up the other strikers, the assist numbers are more disapointing than his goals. 

But my post wasn't really about his contribution, it was about who I'd prefer to watch. And I'd prefer to watch Palmer.

I keep reading here that the best we can hope for this year is mid table mediocrity but I've paid for entertainment and Palmer for all the frustration he brings, has a better chance of providing that. And a higher ceiling.

16 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Agree 100%

He's been very good in a number of games.

He should'nt have played in a few games - like Bournemouth where the game was too quick for him. But as you say, its not his fault he is selected.

In the right team with right tactics, playing to his strengths, he's very effective.

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Like 1

Like KP and think if we have a solid midfield behind him, he is the one who can pick a pass and open the door, unfortunately he starts dropping deep in games and tries to be to elaborate in the wrong part of the pitch and does not do enough at team defending.

Its all speculation about training, as fans we only get to see a tiny part of what happens at the club, maybe he has had crossed words with NP, maybe he sulks when not in the team, maybe he does not carry out NP's instructions when on the pitch, their are so many reasons why NP seems to have frozen him out and maybe making an example of him.

It seemed clear he did not want to come back from Swansea and heard a while back that he still lives there, so maybe NP's comments about people not wanting to be here are directed at KP

Edited by sh1t_ref_again
error
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

Now if you’d have said KP having a go rather than watching Bakinson lumber around ineffectively then I’d 100% of been with you!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

I get the impression he’s not that assed about being a football player. I think he’ll be one that drops down the leagues. He’s more interested in becoming an instagrammer 

Why do you say he’s more interested in being an instagrammer if he’s only posted 7 times since July from what I can see. What do you know ?

• Like 1

On 02/11/2021 at 13:54, Davefevs said:

Out of interest do we actually know he has a bad attitude?  Agree on the bubble stuff.

Having met the guy, he’s quite quiet, young in attitude (you might say a bit immature) and certainly not brash, arrogant or anything like that.  He worked really hard in the summer he first joined permanently to get fit, using Jamie Lawrence’s gym (a bit like Back2Action).  Nige said he worked hard this summer too.

That is of course your view.

Playing Devil’s “data” advocate:

JET at Champ.

93F08BC0-6CD8-46E9-B633-14B714BF7AC2.thumb.jpeg.f7d66698ca720f572bbdd56b69c69c0f.jpeg

19 goals / 14 assists in the equivalent of 75 full 90s.

EBA2DEBC-B443-4D75-93B7-2C1AD788E2BF.thumb.jpeg.924d0f7f6d33cd0b23ea2443eb99c023.jpeg

Kasey:

14 goals / 11 assists in 66 full 90s.

JET shades it but not by much.

Interesting stats for both at champs @Davefevs

It is of course through L1 tinted glasses but also an opinion based on how both players have performed when I have watched them for us. Probably unfair on both given JET never played for us in the champ as KP hasn’t in L1.

However based on performances in a City shirt, for me, along with entertainment value KP is not fit to lace JET’s boots. I always found myself on the edge of my seat with JET. I find myself wanting to be with KP but it never materialises. KP at times gets some unfair stick and he still has age on his side, but for me, JET all day long.

3 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

Interesting stats for both at champs @Davefevs

It is of course through L1 tinted glasses but also an opinion based on how both players have performed when I have watched them for us. Probably unfair on both given JET never played for us in the champ as KP hasn’t in L1.

However based on performances in a City shirt, for me, along with entertainment value KP is not fit to lace JET’s boots. I always found myself on the edge of my seat with JET. I find myself wanting to be with KP but it never materialises. KP at times gets some unfair stick and he still has age on his side, but for me, JET all day long.

Yep, I get that….I still get all nostalgic of Neville and Riley, and Walsh….but it’s tough to fairly compare to someone at Champ level.

JET got us off our seats, imho, because fitness / frame aside he was better than Lg1 level.  He coasted really.

• Like 1