IGNORED

Pearson & Fleming : OUT

Marina's Rolls Royce

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

@BCFC Richard Yep- it was a direct reply to @billywedlockwho stated that NP has worked a miracle and my wine into water comment was my belief that Nige has not made the best of the 'clubs in his bag'- in fact making them less good. - Gotcha, that ones on me sorry. Understand what you were saying now. 

My feelings on the yoof he has blooded is that this has been down to no other choice ( sometimes only in his mind) but several of them were going to be knocking on the door before long in any case. The academy players are a result of years of hard work well before NP was even a glint in SL's eye and cannot be held responsible for their development. I struggle with how he has handled them- Towler in particular. I am definitely not crediting him with the academy and their development  before he was here, simply saying he has actually used youth players where others (including recent managers) wouldn't have. If you want to claim he has been forced to play them then I think you have to acknowledge that and give credit for making do with what is available + cut more slack in team performances. I don't think you can have that both ways. 

He overlooked Dasilva and everyone felt it was a sign that he had no future here but NP had to play him and Dasilva is playing largely as he always could and should. There are no "miracles" in this. - I guess this ones subjective I would say he dropped him out and he has improved because of it (not claiming it was miraculous though). 

Palmer is not so rubbish that he shouldn't be considered at all I think that is more about attitude - KP was definitely given a chances, was openly praised by NP: "He’s still relatively young at 24 and his game understanding needs to be worked on with him because he’s really talented but we need to help him to become as good as he can be. I’m delighted to have people of his talent within the club" he was clearly trying to promote the right attitude form him even priased him at one point for asking to play for  U23's and then (despite a poor U23 performance) bringing him back in.  I just don't think KP has ever go the attidtue right and has paid the price. "A player for our football club who's currently training with us, that's where we are," Pearson said, when asked what Palmer's role is. "If he does enough, he might be included. So that doesn't change. To be absolutely honest with you, discussing individuals like that, he's not been included because other players have done more. Likewise, if he plays himself back into contention then so be it, fine." 

and the Bentley stand off was unfortunate whilst the Bakinson spat was pathetic. My belief is that NP has sewn doubt and discord in the squad when results are poor and constantly threatens players - it isn't tough love , it's a smokescreen of his own lack of game management or how he sets the team up. I think he was up front about this being an issue it's not reactionary blame  and a smokescreen, he laid this out at the start of the season - 'It's got to be a positive workplace. And I just felt there were different fractions in the dressing room, as there probably were in the staff as well.'If people are pulling in different directions, and we did have elements of that, all it can do is create cracks for the weaker-minded people who want an excuse to find an excuse. That's not conducive to succeeding. That's a blame culture, which is very difficult just to survive in, never mind succeeding.' (from Aug 21')

He seems incapable of ever saying- I got this one wrong. He literally admitted that he was in some ways lucky to get the 3 year contract, he often calls out mistakes, but also takes blame and always refers to 'us' and 'we' when talking about the club and team. A lot of the quotes that pop  on here ignore what follows where he contextualists e.g - "Yeah, it’s another mistake in the middle of the pitch, which has cost us, Of course it was [an individual mistake]. Look, if you just generalise, nobody gets apportioned blame so you’ve got to apportion blame. There are always different aspects of what could be slightly better."  But he also says in the same interview: "It’s quite hard for young players to deal with those types of situations, but that’s how they get better. The bottom line is that we’ve conceded two goals which there is a bit of naivety on the first one but it’s my decision to select players who are young and out of position."

Nor me! He has clearly struggled with his health and the challenge this presents when combined with the challenge at BCFC is probably too much for anyone . I think if he leaves he can do so having a 5/10 report card- nothing good and nothing bad all things considered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

If it was up to me I'd keep NP for the foreseeable but if he wants to go I'd go abroad and find a coach with a different playstyle and culture, but I know full well Lansdown would never do that. 

Pearson built Leicester back up but our fans see a few bad results and get their knickers in a twist.

Like I said in my previous post, there is no patience anymore. It has exacerbated since Covid and also I think coincides with the increase in football violence. 

What happens if Pearson gets pushed or walks and we bring in some "young, exciting British coach" and we go down, it will just be restarting again and again and again until something sticks. 

Lee Johnson got given plenty of time and that is something I'll give SL credit for, I want a manager to have a chance but Pearson's barely been here long enough to make changes he wants. 

He has had longer than the manager who got us to this div and he has been sacked quite a few times since his flash in the pan at Liecs; when you say see a few you mean; lose twice as many as we win dont you?

Oh and the players he has brought into this club they have made the areas they play in worse, and lets not even mention his man Simpson.

The gas will be passing us by if SL doesnt act soon :facepalm:

2 hours ago, RedNachos said:

You sure? I'm sure Huddersfield fans were confused when David Wagner was appointed, and so would we be if Juan Manuel Azconzábal, Fabian Mercidel, Jorgen Isnes or Callum Davidson, but who knows? They might be the answer. The problem with us is we are to small minded, instead of success rate, statistics, play style and recruitment success, we go on the metric of past Championship experience. A manager might have failed at every club they'e been at, but had a good 5 game run at Middlesborough and we'll be foaming at the mouth.

Give someone unknown who has excelled elswhere and just change the mindset of the club in general. 

Really. Only 5 of our past 14 managers had any experience of managing at this level. Says it all imo.

Just now, gl2 said:

He has had longer than the manager who got us to this div and he has been sacked quite a few times since his flash in the pan at Liecs; when you say see a few you mean; lose twice as many as we win dont you?

Oh and the players he has brought into this club they have made the areas they play in worse, and lets not even mention his man Simpson.

The gas will be passing us by if SL doesnt act soon :facepalm:

Scrub that last line if he does act it wont make any difference....look at his manager selection record :argh:

Why start a new thread when we can just recycle a 22 page one, over a year old saying exactly the same stuff?

Nothing much has changed- not even the comments on here , the silence of the Lansdown's (appalling) and the passive aggressive or outright aggressive reaction to questions put to Nige. 

The results are no better, the defence is probably worse and players being called out  as usual as well as played out of position. Extraordinary substitutions. Same old ,same old.

Hope has left the building and that's the only real development Nige has achieved in the last 13 months since the OP in Nov 2021..

• Like 2
  • Flames 1