IGNORED

Stark Message...

1), to the social media team

Stop posting all the "behind the scenes" crap. This is just media by numbers and someone's misguided and mistaken idea of the content that they should be putting out and think we want to see. Until we have something that resembles a football team playing with pride and passion that is worth reporting on, don't bother....

2). to the players (not including our recent debutants)

Take a good look in the mirror, you are PROFESSIONAL footballers playing in the 5th most watched division in the world (attendance wise). You are paid to play the game at this level because of all the years of hard work and effort that you put in to get to where you are today so, where is your professional pride. You know how to play football, how to be organised, you've done it all of your junior and adult lives, so why is it that right now, I've seen Sunday morning pub teams who have been out on the lash all day Saturday who look more organised.

Who's in charge on the pitch, why is it that when we concede a goal, everyone just looks at each other like we don't know what we are doing. THIS IS YOUR JOB, it's not meant to be an easy life/money, if you don't want to be here, we don't want you either so have some balls and rip up you contract and walk away "by mutual consent" 

3). to the owners

It's pretty clear that big Nige is biting his tongue big time every time he does an interview. He can't say what he really thinks although I suspect that he's made it clear to some behind the scenes. This is not hos fault, his brief is obviously to just try and survive this season until we can clear the desks to bring in a bunch of hungry and ambitious players who want to achieve things in their career to mold into a unit so we can move on

In the meantime, you might want to reflect on how leaving the club in the hands of a CEO whose brief was to identify and bring in random players with the sole purpose of being sold on at a profit with no consideration of what the club needed, has left us with a bunch of mostly disinterested individuals resulting in the current disfunctional displays on the pitch

IT IS NO COINCIDENCE that the departure of the last manager who was able identify the players needed to forge a TEAM and the arrival of Ashton has left us in this position. You have now finally realised that you need a football man in charge at the top but we have stood still (or even gone backwards) for the best part of a decade with this flawed model when so many of our contemporaries have passed us by. Brentford being a recent example and today's opponents have been all the way to the basement and back and are now better than us again, to name but a few

WE absolutely, cannot, MUST NOT be relegated this year. It would just set us back another 2 or 3 years whilst more, less wealthy, but better run teams continue to pass us by. You need to get the cheque book out in January and give Nige what he needs or it will be back to sub 10,000 attendances in league one which will be embarrassing in our shiny new stadium

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, TBW said:

RE #1

So because the players are poor at their jobs, the media team should stop doing theirs?

Slow clap.

It's all how great everything is in training, who's pranked who and similar bollocks and yes, until the performances show that we have a team who are putting their bodies on the line for this club, WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE IT...!!!

It's media because we need to put content out, not because it's worth watching

Edited by Scrumpys Dietary Advisor..
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TBW said:

RE #1

So because the players are poor at their jobs, the media team should stop doing theirs?

Slow clap.

They often read the room wrong on Twitter. A lot of the time it’s content for content’s sake - their brief is obviously not dissimilar from the Bristol Post, driving engagement as much as possible. 

Personally their training ground stuff I think is pretty good. Just the social media stuff is a bit silly.

8 hours ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Stop posting all the "behind the scenes" crap. This is just media by numbers and someone's misguided and mistaken idea of the content that they should be putting out and think we want to see. Until we have something that resembles a football team playing with pride and passion that is worth reporting on, don't bother....

Take a good look in the mirror, you are PROFESSIONAL footballers playing in the 5th most watched division in the world (attendance wise). You are paid to play the game at this level because of all the years of hard work and effort that you put in to get to where you are today so, where is your professional pride. You know how to play football, how to be organised, you've done it all of your junior and adult lives, so why is it that right now, I've seen Sunday morning pub teams who have been out on the lash all day Saturday who look more organised.

Who's in charge on the pitch, why is it that when we concede a goal, everyone just looks at each other like we don't know what we are doing. THIS IS YOUR JOB, it's not meant to be an easy life/money, if you don't want to be here, we don't want you either so have some balls and rip up you contract and walk away "by mutual consent" 

3). to the owners

It's pretty clear that big Nige is biting his tongue big time every time he does an interview. He can't say what he really thinks although I suspect that he's made it clear to some behind the scenes. This is not hos fault, his brief is obviously to just try and survive this season until we can clear the desks to bring in a bunch of hungry and ambitious players who want to achieve things in their career to mold into a unit so we can move on

In the meantime, you might want to reflect on how leaving the club in the hands of a CEO whose brief was to identify and bring in random players with the sole purpose of being sold on at a profit with no consideration of what the club needed, has left us with a bunch of mostly disinterested individuals resulting in the current disfunctional displays on the pitch

IT IS NO COINCIDENCE that the departure of the last manager who was able identify the players needed to forge a TEAM and the arrival of Ashton has left us in this position. You have now finally realised that you need a football man in charge at the top but we have stood still (or even gone backwards) for the best part of a decade with this flawed model when so many of our contemporaries have passed us by. Brentford being a recent example and today's opponents have been all the way to the basement and back and are now better than us again, to name but a few

WE absolutely, cannot, MUST NOT be relegated this year. It would just set us back another 2 or 3 years whilst more, less wealthy, but better run teams continue to pass us by. You need to get the cheque book out in January and give Nige what he needs or it will be back to sub 10,000 attendances in league one which will be embarrassing in our shiny new stadium

So nothing to the manager or coaching staff then?  Are you having a laugh?

It's all how great everything is in training, who's pranked who and similar bollocks and yes, until the performances show that we have a team who are putting their bodies on the line for this club, WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE IT...!!!

It's media because we need to put content out, not because it's worth watching

WE?  You don’t speak for me or everyone else either

• Like 1

3). to the owners

No, it's his job to motivate the ones we HAVE got

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

Does anyone know if any of this ‘media / Twitter’ team are actually City fans or are they just ‘media / Twitter’ careerists? 
Genuine question. 

Would think it highly unlikely they are fans.

It isn’t for me but I doubt very much I’m their demographic.

I get the “don’t watch it” comment but agree that laughy, jokey training shots are completely misplaced when we are performing so poorly.

Also, please change the name of the training ground, it is embarrassing & arrogant.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Here’s a stark message: unless we do something about the way the players are being managed and coached, we will be relegated.  Isn’t that clear to everyone now?  Something has to change.  

Did anyone listen to the analysis of Man Utd’s dreadful performance yesterday on MOTD?  There you have a squad of very good players not doing what they should be doing.  What was considered at the root of it?  Poor management and coaching.  No question.  We are in the same position: decent players being inadequately coached and guided.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

No idea why the social media content bothers people so much. Don’t watch it if you don’t like it 

The reason is because the Twitter page is probably the most viewed online representation of the club - lots of the time it’s pretty embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Lordofthebling said:

I miss Adam Baker. I do miss the quiz challenges too. 

Yes, we need someone like him. He genuinely supports the club so understands the fan base. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Does anyone know if any of this ‘media / Twitter’ team are actually City fans or are they just ‘media / Twitter’ careerists? 
Genuine question. 

Largely made up of recent grads. The main guy, Ryan, supports Watford. Some of the video work is good - but I’ve been tediously banging on the twitter for years. It’s an attempt to be like one of those German clubs that tweet in English - just executed very badly 95% of the time.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The reason is because the Twitter page is probably the most viewed online representation of the club - lots of the time it’s pretty embarrassing.

Yes, we need someone like him. He genuinely supports the club so understands the fan base. 

Largely made up of recent grads. The main guy, Ryan, supports Watford. Some of the video work is good - but I’ve been tediously banging on the twitter for years. It’s an attempt to be like one of those German clubs that tweet in English - just executed very badly 95% of the time.

Most clubs do similar things. I don’t think anyone takes it very seriously. City are a laughing stock because of results, not a few social media posts that are seen by about 1% of the population 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Most clubs do similar things. I don’t think anyone takes it very seriously. City are a laughing stock because of results, not a few social media posts that are seen by about 1% of the population 

There’s a way to do it properly. I’ve got experience in the sector so that’s probably why it’s such a bug bear of mine. 

I could go into really picky detail and list everything that’s wrong with it, but that would be boring and I fully acknowledge that I’ve got a real bee in my bonnet about it.

The fix would be to try and get more city fans onboard, and someone like Adam Baker who can read the room properly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TBW said:

RE #1

Slow clap.

Yes because we don't want to see players with a smile on there face when they can't be F**ked to turn up on Saturday.. If they are going to show uncut videos I think we all want to see these players sweating there balls off and not enjoying the cosy life.Until attitude changes I'm not interested in seeing it.

48 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Even the Coventry media team took the piss last night 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Careerists as I understand it.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thanks. I thought as much. 
I have no particular beef with any of it, but I definitely get the sense that they sometimes don’t really understand the true feelings of the fans. And that was my inkling - that they don’t think and feel like a proper fan so my assumption was that they likely aren’t. 
I get the impression they are trying too hard to think like us that it often looks plastic or cheesy. 
It’s a fair summary of the state of our whole football set up - they think we’re really good and are doing the right things but in actual fact it’s out of touch, disingenuous and frankly embarrassing. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

Thanks. I thought as much. 
I have no particular beef with any of it, but I definitely get the sense that they sometimes don’t really understand the true feelings of the fans. And that was my inkling - that they don’t think and feel like a proper fan so my assumption was that they likely aren’t. 
I get the impression they are trying too hard to think like us that it often looks plastic or cheesy. 
It’s a fair summary of the state of our whole football set up - they think we’re really good and are doing the right things but in actual fact it’s out of touch, disingenuous and frankly embarrassing. 

I could be wrong here - but I get the impression that the current social media ‘style’ was originally encouraged by JL. They’ll argue it’s vindicated as they’ve won a couple of those social media awards, but reading replies to tweets they put out I’m not so sure the fans actually enjoy it.

I follow a few clubs on twitter and we’re by far the most embarrassing of the lot. A fair few do a bit of humour, but it’s about 5% at most and usually pretty well timed. It feels like we try to be ‘funny’ in every other tweet and it just doesn’t work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1