IGNORED

Not looking forward to Saturday

pl00peh91

Anyone else feel this way? I’ve not felt such little enthusiasm for seeing City live than I do on Saturday. I can’t really identify any players I’m actually looking forward to seeing and I don’t recall enjoying a game less than Sunday’s to be honest. The only hope is the fact that as our away form significantly worsens our home form has improved. I am hopeful that Saturday’s performance brings me out of my current malaise as I really am not looking forward to seeing another inept performance on Saturday, if it happens.

• Like 6

We’ve all felt like this in the past, but time heals and we forget just how bad we felt under SOD, McInnes, LJ, Holden, it’s nothing new. Just look forward to the future when you’ll have forgotten how bad it used to be and you’ll be ready to have another bout ‘never having felt so detached from the club’. It’s called the City circle of life. 

• Like 17

I`m still undecided whether to come up or not TBH. The weather forecast is pretty crap and for me as a self-employed bloke it`s my busy weekend for invoicing and on top of that it`s the end of a VAT quarter. Can I justify spending all day Saturday going up to Bristol and back? There was a time when there would be no question, I`d be there, but now, I really don`t know.

12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m still undecided whether to come up or not TBH. The weather forecast is pretty crap and for me as a self-employed bloke it`s my busy weekend for invoicing and on top of that it`s the end of a VAT quarter. Can I justify spending all day Saturday going up to Bristol and back? There was a time when there would be no question, I`d be there, but now, I really don`t know.

The answer is take more cash. 

• Haha 6

Watching the team you support does come with the ups and downs emotionally. We've not only had crap results but the way we play is not great currently and hasn't been for a very long time. We can only hope for determination and grit and not much else apart from academy youngsters getting a chance as of right now as a positive. That being said to enjoy the ups you do have to ensure the downside of football.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Anyone else feel this way? I’ve not felt such little enthusiasm for seeing City live than I do on Saturday. I can’t really identify any players I’m actually looking forward to seeing and I don’t recall enjoying a game less than Sunday’s to be honest. The only hope is the fact that as our away form significantly worsens our home form has improved. I am hopeful that Saturday’s performance brings me out of my current malaise as I really am not looking forward to seeing another inept performance on Saturday, if it happens.

The beauty of football and particularly following City is you just never know. 

Last Wednesday as I received more and more text’s from our group of ST holders, crying off for a variety of reasons, I was sorely tempted to give it a swerve and watch it on the box. 

In the end I dragged myself down there and thoroughly enjoyed it. Keep the faith. 

• Like 5
  • Robin 2

41 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Thanks for sharing.

6 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

You would make an excellent therapist

But if the "client" was g4s? Or something to do with Preston/Cardiff? Or unfamiliar with the work of Andy Partridge? Or an iffy Championship ref/lino recently abused at Ashton Gate struggling with his feelings??

What if Tony Pulis himself approached GrahamC, therapist, with some traumatic difficulty seeking empathy and containment?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

But if the "client" was g4s? Or something to do with Preston/Cardiff? Or unfamiliar with the work of Andy Partridge? Or an iffy Championship ref/lino recently abused at Ashton Gate struggling with his feelings??

What if Tony Pulis himself approached GrahamC, therapist, with some traumatic difficulty seeking empathy and containment?

You do me a disservice Mr. H, I have had numerous g4s work for me over the years & trust me, I have been scrupulously fair with (nearly) all of them.

Incredibly many are totally unfamiliar with the work of Swindon’s answer to Brian Wilson, but let’s face it, that’s their loss..

I doubt Mr. Pulis would do any such thing, as he’s far too busy with his selfless charity work that he occasionally remembers to mention in his interviews..

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You do me a disservice Mr. H, I have had numerous g4s work for me over the years & trust me, I have been scrupulously fair with (nearly) all of them.

Incredibly many are totally unfamiliar with the work of Swindon’s answer to Brian Wilson, but let’s face it, that’s their loss..

I doubt Mr. Pulis would do any such thing, as he’s far too busy with his selfless charity work that he occasionally remembers to mention in his interviews..

"Numerous" g4s? You sure??

I gave up going to games in 1970 when I came to OZ, I've seen a few games on visits to the UK but just cannot get BCFC out of my system, once you're hooked that's it. I used to get very nervous when we play the lowly teams that are fighting for existence in the league because our record against them has been dire to say the least.

NOW I just get get nervous before EVERY game for the same reasons, but hey............................................... nothing lasts forever.

It will get better, C'mon City.

Edited by bpexile
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

Being a City fan for over 65 years most Saturdays and Tuesdays during the season starts of with hope. By kick off time and for the next 90+ minutes its always a roller coaster. If we end up losing, that ruins my weekend. I do not watch Quest that night. Indeed when we lost to Brighton in the play off final in Cardiff, that depressed me for a whole 12 months. If we draw, well its better than losing. I get to that state by Sunday mornings. But if we win than I fill positive, happy and look forward to the next match building up that hope to a higher level, etc etc. So going back to the main question after the Sheffield United result. No i am not looking forward to the Derby match.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

46 minutes ago, bpexile said:

I gave up going to games in 1970 when I came to OZ, I've seen a few games on visits to the UK but just cannot get BCFC out of my system, once you're hooked that's it. I used to get very nervous when we play the lowly teams that are fighting for existence in the league because our record against them has been dire to say the least.

NOW I just get get nervous before EVERY game for the same reasons, but hey............................................... nothing lasts forever.

It will get better, C'mon City.

I imagine our afternoon games happening during the early hour in oz, Do you get to catch many games 'live' e.g. streaming video/audio or text alerts? If not, is that the first thing you catch up with, apart from maybe having an urgent tinkle, when you wake up on a Sunday morning?

7 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I imagine our afternoon games happening during the early hour in oz, Do you get to catch many games 'live' e.g. streaming video/audio or text alerts? If not, is that the first thing you catch up with, apart from maybe having an urgent tinkle, when you wake up on a Sunday morning?

Now we are on to summer time & the UK is back onto winter time the game times are mainly either very late night (11:30pm +) or approx 6am, depending on which state you live in the clocks vary. I used to have my mobile along side the bed with the alerts on but I began to either lose too much sleep or have nightmares ?. I now gingerly turn on the phone & follow the progress of the game, I just can't help myself, as I said once hooked that's it forever.

Nice to hear from you Sleepy :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

We're going to be missing our key midfielders again, with too many of the young players there in their absence we know we get overrun by other teams so Nige has got to think of something different, eg play Viner there and revert to a back four, and maybe try and make use of Simpson somehow, it might not work out but there's no point in picking the same as the last game as we know what will happen.

I always feel the good times/games/moments are so much more enjoyable when you’ve got a bunch of dreadful games under your belt.

As for choosing between going to football or Christmas shopping? Do me a favour.

I think all those games behind closed doors taught us it’s not just about the match itself, it’s the mates, drinks, crowd, banter that goes with it and that’s still there.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The forecast is dry moderate breeze light cloud around 8 degrees hardly crap so can't really be used as an excuse the fact we have been very underwhelming and p*ss poor pretty well for the past 10 months well there I can't argue with you.

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

We’ve all felt like this in the past, but time heals and we forget just how bad we felt under SOD, McInnes, LJ, Holden, it’s nothing new. Just look forward to the future when you’ll have forgotten how bad it used to be and you’ll be ready to have another bout ‘never having felt so detached from the club’. It’s called the City circle of life. 

Throughout my 47 years of watching and supporting Bristol City this is without doubt the least entertaining football I have ever witnessed. 

Dull, disorganised and at times almost comical.

There was a spark of hope in the Blackburn win, with the change of formation and an actual game plan, lets hope Saturday is the same.

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

1980 - 1982 makes those eras seem highly successful - thank God there wasn’t an online Forum when we plummeted from the top division in England to the bottom of division 4 ... but we are still here and we are still right behind them - a bit of perspective is probably needed - yes the fans’ expectations are soooo different now but we are currently competing in the fifth best division in the world and we are doing ok - don’t give up on our club  just yet ...

• Like 5