IGNORED

£23 for Fulham game

BCFC1512

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Teams aren't announced yet so far as I know. Our line up for the League Cup game in the summer included Kalas, Wells, HNM, Williams, and Nagy. You don't know how Pearson might see the FA Cup this season.

A ticket for a student to this game is £10. 

Depending on how you define a "family" this game could be attended for £25 for three people - one adult and two under-12s in the SS. That's surely affordable for 95% of people if this is the one game they attend in a season.

I agree that POTD is overpriced. Believe me, I pay it every time I come to AG.

I understand that people want to moan, especially if they've already decided the game should be £10, but it's really quite good compared to our normal pricing. For context, last we set the following for the 3rd round v Shrewsbury. Adult prices are up this year, but kids are down.

image.png.e685286513932982d4c8faf8b76b3d30.png

Anything other than a full strength team, and they won't be that bothered if they lose . Guarantee O',Leary will start.

7 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Anything other than a full strength team, and they won't be that bothered if they lose . Guarantee O',Leary will start.

He could start any league game as well.

I'm obviously a loan voice on here, and were I in Bristol for that game I could clearly have the stadium all to myself.

I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday off.

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I understand that people want to moan, especially if they've already decided the game should be £10, but it's really quite good compared to our normal pricing.

Do not compare to our normal pricing. Compare to the other similar games.

Cardiff vs Preston - £15 for matchday, £12 in advance, £10 for season ticket holders. £8, £5, £3 for u16s.

Coventry vs Derby - £20 adults, £15 concessions, £10 u18 and £5 u13.

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Cardiff vs Preston - £15 for matchday, £12 in advance, £10 for season ticket holders. £8, £5, £3 for u16s.

And Chelsea are charging £30 for adults and £15 for kids and concessions for the visit of Chesterfield.

I'm not going to go around every fixture in the round and check the pricing and then rate exactly how fair every club is being. I'd be fine paying those prices, but it seems many others aren't.

It will be interesting to see what the crowd is though. The last FA Cup 3rd round tie at home was Shrewsbury in 2019 - that was 9,970 attendees.

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

It will be interesting to see how many go to those games v League fixtures and how much of a drop they and us get in comparison for this fixture. I think the attendances for all 3 will probably be about the same.

I don't think I would have gone to that game if it was £1 (plus booking fee) per adult.

38 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Teams aren't announced yet so far as I know. Our line up for the League Cup game in the summer included Kalas, Wells, HNM, Williams, and Nagy. You don't know how Pearson might see the FA Cup this season.

A ticket for a student to this game is £10. 

Depending on how you define a "family" this game could be attended for £25 for three people - one adult and two under-12s in the SS. That's surely affordable for 95% of people if this is the one game they attend in a season.

I agree that POTD is overpriced. Believe me, I pay it every time I come to AG.

I understand that people want to moan, especially if they've already decided the game should be £10, but it's really quite good compared to our normal pricing. For context, last we set the following for the 3rd round v Shrewsbury. Adult prices are up this year, but kids are down.

image.png.e685286513932982d4c8faf8b76b3d30.png

Not everyone goes - or wants to go - with kids though do they?

It is not a case of  ‘moaning’ it is accepting that post-Christmas - with all the expense that entails - and in a climate were fans queue to get scanned and then show a vaccine pass and watch what in all honesty is fairly turgid football (however understandable that may be) £23-25 plus the cost of getting to the game is a fair amount of money. 

And as for not playing their reserve side - it may be the subs bench but it is not personally a big enough draw for me. 

I accept your argument but please don’t patronise people for whom money is tight. If you think people are moaning about the price you are obv doing well for yourself. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

And Chelsea are charging £30 for adults and £15 for kids and concessions for the visit of Chesterfield.

I'm not going to go around every fixture in the round and check the pricing and then rate exactly how fair every club is being. I'd be fine paying those prices, but it seems many others aren't.

It will be interesting to see what the crowd is though. The last FA Cup 3rd round tie at home was Shrewsbury in 2019 - that was 9,970 attendees.

£30 top price. Same as us.

If I was a neutral I'd rather visit Stamford Bridge to see European Champions, than Ashton Gate to see us.

4 minutes ago, Mr Chappers said:

And let’s not forget the risk that there may be no, or limited, fans allowed with this new Covid.

Crazy prices

Stupidity and shows how out of touch they are. Any club official with half a brain cell, given the support from the fans this season for a team playing bottom of the barrel football, understandable or not, might just have realised this was as an opportunity to say "thank you" for sticking with the team in circumstances where it would have been very easy for fans to go completely the other way.

However this is Steve Lansdown's Bristol City FC where understanding the paying customer is most definitely not a requirement.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Do both clubs have to agree on prices ?

Surprised it is at that level - way over the odds imo.

Best of luck with that, but no thanks.

Yes, they do.

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

For a reserve game?

Why do you say that?  I’d be surprised if we aren’t playing a near first team for this one.  He isn't gonna bring in players from outside the first team squad for this…that’s not how Nige operates.  We have a small squad, it maybe a bit rotated, but it isn’t be “reserves”.

FWIW I do think the prices are too high though.

Edited by Davefevs

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

It might seem high to ST holders but IIRC that is £10 less than the normal cheapest potd ticket.

The issue of course is that potd is too expensive anyway, but it's still a relatively cheap ticket.

You are of course correct, but then normal POTD prices are ridiculously high anyway.

I took my son to the Stoke game, buying the seat next to mine in central Dolman. £39!!! Couldn't believe it.

Personally would't go to the Fulham game at that price and don't buy the overpriced food and drink either.

I'm in the fortunate position of being able to afford to go if I want to, but this just isn't fair for an awful lot of supporters and I shall vote with my feet. Football is a game for the fans or it is nothing. Sad days.

Edited by Calculus
  • Like 6

TBH I really don't understand the outrage at the pricing - although I won't be going myself. 

I wouldn't have gone if it were a tenner either, simply because I can't be arsed to go out in the cold and watch the shite that Pearson has us producing at the moment. 

Granted, results have taken a slight upturn, which is great & hopefully the start of some improvement in performances. 

It's the first time in my life that I've made conscious choice not to do all I can to get to games and it feels horrible to not have that desire. 

Not doubt it will return & I'll probably renew my season ticket in the summer, regardless. 

I just wish we had something, anything, in our play that gave the slightest in cling of belief or excitement. 

Anyway - no I don't think £23 is shocking, for those that want to go. It's cheaper than usual & the club have had covid to struggle with from an income perspective. 

It does give people a good reason not to bother though and I dread to think what the attendance is likely to be..! 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

28 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

£12-15 plus kids for £1 was the price point here. Crazy how wrong they have got it. 

Yep £15 and Id have gone. That would’ve been top whack though.  European cup games are free with our Bears season ticket (first one was cancelled granted but that’s not Bears’ fault) which is a fantastic deal.
It’s a shame that a better deal couldnt have been struck for ST holders for this game. 

Edited by lenred

14 minutes ago, whoklldredrobin said:

I accept your argument but please don’t patronise people for whom money is tight. If you think people are moaning about the price you are obv doing well for yourself. 

It is not a case of  ‘moaning’ it is accepting that post-Christmas - with all the expense that entails - and in a climate were fans queue to get scanned and then show a vaccine pass and watch what in all honesty is fairly turgid football (however understandable that may be) £23-25 plus the cost of getting to the game is a fair amount of money. 

I'm not trying to patronise or belittle anyone. Yes I am currently in a position where I could spend £23 to go and watch City. I spent £60 odd to take me and my dad to watch the Forest game a few weeks ago. I have previously been in the position where spending that much required thought, and consideration as to whether that was really where I should spend that £23. I get it.

Pricing shouldn't be related to team performance, or the state of the queuing system. And this is already roughly 33% cheaper than a league game.

1 minute ago, Calculus said:

You are of course correct, but then normal POTD prices are ridiculously high anyway.

They are, and have been for years.

7 minutes ago, Selred said:

£30 top price. Same as us.

It's also £30 bottom price. There are no variations depending on which stand you sit in (save for a few 'restricted view' seats which are £25).

Idk how people can defend the pricing to he honest. For Dolman Central, where I sit, it is more expensive than my season card works out at.

I see people mentioning it is much cheaper than normal potd but how many people are we talking about here? The most interested in going to this fixture will  be the diehards. 85-90% will be people that attend regularly. They have a ground the regularly only fill to 2/3s capacity and yet they seem determined not to ever try and fill it even more when opportunity arises. 

I get the younger tickets are cheaper and well done for that. Still just can’t help but think the club can never get it spot on. They always seem to overthink or think they are too clever. Not sure what it is. Cut those adult prices by a third and think you have it right. 

Only thing I’ll say is, are they anticipating some sort of limit on crowds by this time? In that case, it would be the two clubs trying to maximise revenue. Though not right PP clubs or prem clubs can dictate the price the home side charges. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Idk how people can defend the pricing to he honest. For Dolman Central, where I sit, it is more expensive than my season card works out at.

I see people mentioning it is much cheaper than normal potd but how many people are we talking about here? The most interested in going to this fixture will  be the diehards. 85-90% will be people that attend regularly. They have a ground the regularly only fill to 2/3s capacity and yet they seem determined not to ever try and fill it even more when opportunity arises. 

I get the younger tickets are cheaper and well done for that. Still just can’t help but think the club can never get it spot on. They always seem to overthink or think they are too clever. Not sure what it is. Cut those adult prices by a third and think you have it right. 

Only thing I’ll say is, are they anticipating some sort of limit on crowds by this time? In that case, it would be the two clubs trying to maximise revenue. Though not right PP clubs or prem clubs can dictate the price the home side charges. 

Or...

Are they deliberately pushing the attendance below 10,000 so the rules don't apply?

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Especially for an early kick off.

Yes it's £40 for 1 adult and 3 kids, but it's 12.30. You'll need to feed those kids £6 burgers, so straight away you'll be looking at £50+ to watch us lose to Fulham 3 nil.

Take a packed lunch and eat it in the car before the game. No point spending £20+ on food 

• Like 2