IGNORED

£23 for Fulham game

BCFC1512

4 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I assume most of the people that post on this forum are season ticket holders and think anywhere between £15 and £20 is the going rate for a ticket to watch football and £25 is expensive for a football ticket.

To add some context I looked up going to Exeter v Tranmere last weekend that was £25 - £25 to watch 2 league 2 teams play each other in far worse facilities than Ashton gate.

£23 seems pretty reasonable to me even if it is second teams (which it won't be because we don't have a second 11 anymore) bearing in mind Fulham's second team is probably far better than league 2 standard.

If I got a £5 ticket to this I wouldn't go football is duller than dishwater at the moment I only go with my season ticket because I have bought it, there's a small chance of it being entertaining and I like the social bit of it.

In the 55 years that i have been going to Ashton Gate entertainment hasn't been the main attraction most years.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

I’m not going either way but members (like me) normally get a fiver off match tickets. No mention of that at all. If there isn’t any discount, then it’s actually barely any cheaper than an ordinary league game.

Usual shambles from City.

EDIT - just checked and adult prices in the South Stand and Lansdown family area are the SAME as member prices for a (silver) league game. Members discount only applies to league games. SHOCKING! As a member there is absolute nothing to attract me to this fixture.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/match-ticket-pricing-confirmed-for-202122/

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, I don’t get the argument that you must eat from the vendors at the game.

if you search for my historical posts you'll find that (apart from a couple of pints when I was in hospitality 25 years ago) I've only ever bought a single wagon wheel at the gate and that was probably 40 years ago now. Luckily (or not) I've always lived locally, so even if I do get hungry I can be home relatively quickly (I sit in the Dolman and stay to the end so it takes a while to get out) to scarf some grub. I'd probably be tempted by a £1 veggie pie on my way out otheriwsie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

if you search for my historical posts you'll find that (apart from a couple of pints when I was in hospitality 25 years ago) I've only ever bought a single wagon wheel at the gate and that was probably 40 years ago now. Luckily (or not) I've always lived locally, so even if I do get hungry I can be home relatively quickly (I sit in the Dolman and stay to the end so it takes a while to get out) to scarf some grub. I'd probably be tempted by a £1 veggie pie on my way out otheriwsie.

Just imagine how big that Wagon Wheel was 40 years ago ??? mahoosive!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

As a comparison....Tickets for Leeds fans attending their FA Cup match at West Ham will go on sale on Weds 15th Dec...

£15 adults

£15 seniors aged 65+

£15 young adults aged 16 to 20 years

£5 juniors under 16 years

£100m per season in TV money helps tbh. Plus other commercial spinoffs of being in the PL and in West Ham's case European football too- it all helps.

That said, this game for us- it does seem overly expensive for a tie such as this, at this time of the year too.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Valid points but don't forget it's getting to the coldest part of the year so anyone wanting something to warm up with in the ground don't really have a choice. 

Really??? Simply wear a sensible coat, scarf and gloves. Pack a flask of hot chocolate. You really don't need to spend a fortune on food to stay warm!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Chappers said:

Looking at the Covid news today, I think caution might be wise. Quite feasible that fan numbers will be restricted/ no fans. And with the 2023 World Cup, no room to extend season.

Totally agree and if I was going  (which I am not) I wouldn't contemplate buying a ticket until a few days before, just in case.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

It might seem high to ST holders but IIRC that is £10 less than the normal cheapest potd ticket.

The issue of course is that potd is too expensive anyway, but it's still a relatively cheap ticket.

You recall incorrectly. In the South Stand and family area (the cheapest tickets) it’s the same price as members pay for a league fixture. So it’s a fiver cheaper than non-member price.

I just can’t get believe City settled on these prices and didn’t anticipate the response.

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You recall incorrectly. In the South Stand and family area (the cheapest tickets) it’s the same price as members pay for a league fixture. So it’s a fiver cheaper than non-member price.

I just can’t get believe City settled on these prices and didn’t anticipate the response.

That membership price is for a silver tier game. Personally I can't remember the last time that we had a silver tier game. They're pretty rare. 

I don't disagree that prices generally are too high. Having never held an ST I've paid POTD all my City supporting life so believe me I know all too well how much they are.

Yes these FA Cup tickets are more expensive than members tickets for a silver game.

22 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

That membership price is for a silver tier game. Personally I can't remember the last time that we had a silver tier game. They're pretty rare. 

I don't disagree that prices generally are too high. Having never held an ST I've paid POTD all my City supporting life so believe me I know all too well how much they are.

Yes these FA Cup tickets are more expensive than members tickets for a silver game.

“I can’t remember the last time we had a silver tier game. They’re pretty rare”.

With respect, you’re talking absolute rubbish. Around 60% of our league games are silver category. Upcoming league games:

SILVER: Huddersfield, Millwall, Reading, Coventry

GOLD: QPR, Cardiff, Boro.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“I can’t remember the last time we had a silver tier game. They’re pretty rare”.

With respect, you’re talking absolute rubbish. Around 60% of our league games are silver category. Upcoming league games:

Fair enough. I can accept being wrong.

I still think the prices are ok, they aren't cheap, but I don't think they are outrageous.

Edited by ExiledAjax

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

On what planet is Boro a gold game? 

35 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fair enough. I can accept being wrong.

I still think the prices are ok, they aren't cheap, but I don't think they are outrageous.

At the end of the day the crowd itself will say everything about what people think of the prices. Like I said above I personally feel this was a chance for the club to thank supporters who, given the football on offer this season and a number of seasons now, have been very understanding and certainly far more positive than I expected on the whole. To be fair to Nige he is very aware of that too. I think most people will just look at £23-£25 and say "**** you", right, wrong or indifferent.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

At the end of the day the crowd itself will say everything about what people think of the prices. Like I said above I personally feel this was a chance for the club to thank supporters who, given the football on offer this season and a number of seasons now, have been very understanding and certainly far more positive than I expected on the whole. To be fair to Nige he is very aware of that too. I think most people will just look at £23-£25 and say "**** you", right, wrong or indifferent.

Not forgetting that couples, like my wife and me, would get hit for £50 whilst working out our finances for away games in the new year.

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Like 1