IGNORED

£23 for Fulham game

BCFC1512

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

They aren't outrageous but they are too expensive for what they are. 

Correct, not outrageous but definitely more than many will be PREPARED to pay. I would expect a very mediocre crowd for this game. The uncomfortable truth is, regardless of the announced attendance, we've barely been getting 14K ACTUALLY TURNING UP for league games as it is, probably significantly less than that a couple of times. However, typical of our club, they will bury their heads in the sand until season ticket sales completely bomb at some point and then we will all be lectured by a certain individual about whether we are interested or not and if we aren't why should he be.................

• Like 1

Of course the prices aren’t outrageous for a single match but, in the context of the club previously asking fans to forgo season ticket refunds previously, shows how far out of touch they are with the fans currently.

The club missed a great opportunity to thank the fans once again. 

They won’t gain much from selling 8000 tickets.

Edited by David Brent
  • Like 7

The next 4 away games after Christmas are Luton, Fulham, Preston and Blackpool......that's over 1,300 miles travelling. When you add in the cost for fuel, tickets, food etc. and then throw the cost of this cup match into it, you can see why many fans can't afford a lot of football these days.

I dread to think what the coach prices would add up to for two people going together...

Edited by RedLionLad

Took the wife and middle daughter to the City Womens game against Lewes on Sunday (FA Cup 3rd round so equivalent of the Fulham game). £5 for adults, £1 for u19s. Parking was £3. Even stretching to a tea and a couple of hot chocolates at half time meant that it only cost me £21 for all three of us, and we got to see a great game with 5 unanswered goals for City. 

Last game I watched at the Gate qas the Fulham match before lockdown (it was my 40th and I got a free ticket). Since then I have seen a number of City Womens games at the HPC as it is priced well and you're almost guaranteed a good game, plus my girls like to be able to go down to pitch side at the end of the match, chat to the players (they refer to them by their first name rather than their surname which I find odd) and get photos and autographs. Something that just wouldn't happen at the Gate for the mens team.

They have got the pricing of this game all wrong, I don't see how they can justify charging over £20 for a game, right at the end of everyone's most expensive time of the year, and when we play the same team in the league a matter of days later. Had they charged £20 with free entry for accompanied kids for example, or say £15/£16 with kids for £1 I may have gone along, but at these prices I think I'll stick to the Womens team for now.

And can I just add, if you haven't taken the opportunity to watch the Vixens yet, I can highly recommend it!

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

Of course the prices aren’t outrageous for a single match but, in the context of the club previously asking fans to forgo season ticket refunds previously, shows how far out of touch they are with the fans currently.

Especially if a quarter of them are kids for a quid. Bad marketing this time City!

21 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

The club would have been dead years ago if it wasn't for Mums, Dad's and grandparents taking them to the Gate and getting them interested.

Taking with them a massive bag of sweets!

Kids are the future, welcome them!

Ok, controversial here but I’ll say it anyway...

No problem if youngsters are genuinely interested in the game and it’s great to see Mums and Dads etc talking them through it, but bloody hell they are a pain the the ass if they aren’t. 

Unfortunately for me there are about 6 spaces right in front of my seat which aren’t ST holders so we get random people sitting there match by match. A couple of weeks ago we had two Dads and four boys ages about 7-9 years. First half the Dad’s sat there with them, no problem the boys just ate and ate, massive burger, sweets, drinks etc. The Dads then decided to go 15 mins before HT “to get a drink” and the boys were told to stay there and not move. 20 mins into the second half the two Dads reappeared. At least two of the boys were very uncomfortable as they needed the toilet, the other two were anxious. One did have a mobile phone which he was trying to ring someone on. What type of person leaves kids for the best part of an hour surrounded by strangers! I doubt their football experience was a very positive one.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

Ok, controversial here but I’ll say it anyway...

No problem if youngsters are genuinely interested in the game and it’s great to see Mums and Dads etc talking them through it, but bloody hell they are a pain the the ass if they aren’t. 

Unfortunately for me there are about 6 spaces right in front of my seat which aren’t ST holders so we get random people sitting there match by match. A couple of weeks ago we had two Dads and four boys ages about 7-9 years. First half the Dad’s sat there with them, no problem the boys just ate and ate, massive burger, sweets, drinks etc. The Dads then decided to go 15 mins before HT “to get a drink” and the boys were told to stay there and not move. 20 mins into the second half the two Dads reappeared. At least two of the boys were very uncomfortable as they needed the toilet, the other two were anxious. One did have a mobile phone which he was trying to ring someone on. What type of person leaves kids for the best part of an hour surrounded by strangers! I doubt their football experience was a very positive one.

Modern Football in a nutshell

• Like 1

6 hours ago, David Brent said:

Not outrageous, but when West Ham v Leeds is £15 & £5 children, you wonder how City works out their prices. Yes children are £1 but adults won’t pay the £23 to accompany them. 

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Can you guys remember how much you payed to watch the cup games against Man City & United at the gate?

Pretty sure it was full price. Which as it was 2 top teams (poetic licence with Man U), and a quarter and semi final, is understandable.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Pretty sure it was full price. Which as it was 2 top teams (poetic licence with Man U), and a quarter and semi final, is understandable.

Many thanks, it's just been announed that the Swindon v Man City tickets for home fans are £35 so was trying to compare even though you have much better facilities and that the games were in them efl cup and at a later stage in the competition.

1 minute ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Many thanks, it's just been announed that the Swindon v Man City tickets for home fans are £35 so was trying to compare even though you have much better facilities and that the games were in them efl cup and at a later stage in the competition.

I personally think that's too much for a 3rd Round game, but can understand why you'd charge it. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Not gone down too well here but I guess the new owner wants to claw some money back.

All EFL teams (parachute teams excepted ) are in the same boat. Man City, big draw that doesn't come around often, so you can understand his viewpoint. 
I always think you shouldn't price at the top level just because you can. Aim at a reasonable level to expect, or hope for a sellout .

Edited by 1960maaan

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

All EFL teams (parachute teams excepted ) are in the same boat. Man City, big draw that doesn't come around often, so you can understand his viewpoint. 
I always think you shouldn't price at the top level just because you can. Aim at a reasonable level to expect, or hope for a sellout .

Fair point you make. There's also the TV revenue plus over 10,000+ for the next couple of home games before the tie to add extra funds.

Edited by Shaun Taylor

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Many thanks and although your prices are higher you're getting a much better football experience with the facilities you have to offer plus a bigger game due to what stage of the completion you were playing in.

Seeing us dump Mourinho's Millions out of the cup was priceless.

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Haha 1