IGNORED

4 years ago today...

archie andrews

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Where does that optimism come from?! 

Very sure we'll be under different ownership by then, so it'll be an interesting next few years one way or another.

No idea really, I'm usually fairly positive about things surrounding the club but I also care far less than I used to so perhaps it's that too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Very sure we'll be under different ownership by then, so it'll be an interesting next few years one way or another.

Just chipping in for Phileas, but the way I see it is we've started/attempting to address our problems which felt ignored. Sure there is still problems, but it kinda feels like we've started turning the ship, sorta. We've gone from things being very shite to just shite. 

Where has the new ownership info come from? I would like to believe that. I thought SL claws are far too deep for him to sell no? I'm willing to bet SL sees no problems with City at the moment and is content with where we are. 

Edited by Sturny
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What makes you say that kid? Lansdown selling up is complicated by the whole Bristol sport model I reckon, unless he sells the whole lot! Possible.

36 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

What makes you say that kid? Lansdown selling up is complicated by the whole Bristol sport model I reckon, unless he sells the whole lot! Possible.

I don’t think it is…there are separate companies within Pula that can be sold off individually.  He doesn’t have to sell lock, stock and barrel.

That was my most enjoyable night ever since I started following City in the 1970s. 

Mrs R&W came out of there with a sore throat and we could hardly speak but deliriously happy. 

On the p!55 afterwards in celebration and didn't realise how late it was until we got kicked out of the VShed at 4am!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spudski said:

That night was what football should be all about more regularly.

Building memories, full on entertainment, hope, dreams.

That and Man City away will stick in my memory forever 

Man City away was amazing. I just remember spilling into the concourse at half time, 1-0 up away to pretty much the best team on the planet at the time. Absolutely surreal, going from watching us lose to bloody Luton on a Tuesday night, to being in the lead against Pep's Man City.

Obviously it didn't go our way but my word we did ourselves proud.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

Man City away was amazing. I just remember spilling into the concourse at half time, 1-0 up away to pretty much the best team on the planet at the time. Absolutely surreal, going from watching us lose to bloody Luton on a Tuesday night, to being in the lead against Pep's Man City.

Obviously it didn't go our way but my word we did ourselves proud.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, redsince1994 said:

First time in my life I have literally been speechless. In the pub after i was  frozen in place for about 20 mins just trying to process it all!

What a game that was

Ha!
I was far from speechless - I talked through the entire game - every kick - every decision - constantly for the rest of the night like a recording on loop!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

That was my most enjoyable night ever since I started following City in the 1970s. 

Mrs R&W came out of there with a sore throat and we could hardly speak but deliriously happy. 

On the p!55 afterwards in celebration and didn't realise how late it was until we got kicked out of the VShed at 4am!!!

I overheard a conversation with Mrs R&W with a work collègue. 
Your good lady whispered  she could hardly speak and her workmate told her that when she had a sore throat she asked her husband if she could give him a blow job and somehow that cured it.

The next day your wife came in singing ‘ Where be the Blackbird to ‘ and her friend was astonished.

‘You’m better s’mornin’ I sees.’

’Oh yeah, I took your advice, your husband was a bit surprised though’. 

• Haha 3

It had everything that match. A Quarter Final. A great atmosphere. Man U playing their stars. Jose Mourinho. Bryan’s goal - a thing of beauty and one of my favourites ever: great move; great pass by Pack and a great strike. A last minute winner, including a sublime pass from an ex Rovers’ favourite (Matty Taylor) enabling a loyal skipper (Korey) to score - and he didn’t get many. And it was the start of my Christmas holiday that year! Brilliant!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, eardun said:

It had everything that match. A Quarter Final. A great atmosphere. Man U playing their stars. Jose Mourinho. Bryan’s goal - a thing of beauty and one of my favourites ever: great move; great pass by Pack and a great strike. A last minute winner, including a sublime pass from an ex Rovers’ favourite (Matty Taylor) enabling a loyal skipper (Korey) to score - and he didn’t get many. And it was the start of my Christmas holiday that year! Brilliant!

and all the promise thrown away against Wolves........