IGNORED

4,687 Middlesbrough followers heading south

Never to the dark side

for their match against Barnsley on Saturday 26 February

Full allocation for Boro fans for the Bristol City v Boro game on Saturday is 2,300

I don't think they will sell all their tickets for the game,although we live in hope

By the way we took 400 to Boro on the first away Saturday game way back in August

55 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Full allocation for Boro fans for the Bristol City v Boro game on Saturday is 2,300

I don't think they will sell all their tickets for the game,although we live in hope

By the way we took 400 to Boro on the first away Saturday game way back in August

I think they'll see their allocation for here and with ease.  

24 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Annoying thing is if we had a few seasons in the prem our away support would definitely grow and not be as little as 400 up north. For us to be a team who get 20,000 plus (pre covid anyway) our away support can be pretty embarrassing at times .

And pretty impressive at times considering how  poor the team have performed in the last couple of seasons.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Annoying thing is if we had a few seasons in the prem our away support would definitely grow and not be as little as 400 up north. For us to be a team who get 20,000 plus (pre covid anyway) our away support can be pretty embarrassing at times .

We sold out our allocation to Swansea which is practically the same distance as Middlesborough to Barnsley.  We’re in a much much worse position than ‘Boro as well. They’ve got plenty to play for…..let’s not be too hard on ourselves. 

• Like 14
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

There are probably a few that are living in the south that will always make the numbers up

There’s someone who lives on North St, I walk past a car with a Boro sticker in the back every home game.

Be disappointed if they don’t make the effort..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

There’s someone who lives on North St, I walk past a car with a Boro sticker in the back every home game.

I'm not condoning vandalism, far from it. However, they would be wise to not have that car and or sticker on view when Boro visit. Bound to be spotted by some moron.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

So if full allocation is 2300 where does this 4k + figure come from in the op's title?

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

In recent years, the hard core City fan home and away, has been replaced by the Happy Clapper City fan.

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, The Bard said:

If we were in Boro's position having just knocked Man U out the Cup and chasing down the top 6 we'd take several 1000 to Barnsley no doubt.  Can remember taking loads under Wilson towards the end of the season and that was in League 1. 

Yep & under GJ when we won promotion from L1 then had a storming season the next that saw us make the playoff final, our away following was excellent.

All about momentum, isn’t it?

We really haven’t had any since the LJ season when we played both Manchester clubs.

33 minutes ago, The Bard said:

If we were in Boro's position having just knocked Man U out the Cup and chasing down the top 6 we'd take several 1000 to Barnsley no doubt.  Can remember taking loads under Wilson towards the end of the season and that was in League 1. 

Indeed. It’s Easy to get behind a successful team.

I’ve said it before and i will say it again we are a VERY well supported club considering how poor we have been over the years. How long is it since we have been in the topflight? A generation ago.. clubs like Boro have had so much more success than us over recent years and so much more time in the top flight.

To be averaging over 20k at home pre covid shows the level of our support IMO.  Our away numbers do fluctuate but are still decent and are usually always pretty good when we are chasing the play-offs or in them.

Edited by bris red
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

You Got Me GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

52 minutes ago, bris red said:

Indeed. It’s Easy to get behind a successful team.

I’ve said it before and i will say it again we are a VERY well supported club considering how poor we have been over the years. How long is it since we have been in the topflight? A generation ago.. clubs like Boro have had so much more success than us over recent years and so much more time in the top flight.

To be averaging over 20k at home pre covid shows the level of our support IMO.  Our away numbers do fluctuate but are still decent and are usually always pretty good when we are chasing the play-offs or in them.

Home support is excellent. To have the 8th highest average crowd in the Championship shows how we've grown into the division in the past few years. 

Away from home we don't consistently get strong followings, particularly up north. I do wonder if this is partly due to not having many expats in that part of the country. Also, due to the new AG facilities being so impressive, more people choosing to attend more home games than away. Finally, groundhog day in the Championship. We've been in this division for 12 out of the past 14 seasons and consequently fans have very few new grounds to visit. 

• Like 5

• Admin
3 hours ago, supercidered said:

I'm not condoning vandalism, far from it. However, they would be wise to not have that car and or sticker on view when Boro visit. Bound to be spotted by some moron.

Won't be an issue, we get lots of vehicles with away clubs showing colours etc every home game

3 hours ago, lenred said:

We sold out our allocation to Swansea which is practically the same distance as Middlesborough to Barnsley.  We’re in a much much worse position than ‘Boro as well. They’ve got plenty to play for…..let’s not be too hard on ourselves. 

Yeh sorry wasn’t trying to put a downer on us i just always find it weird how we only travel well to certain grounds no matter the distance. For example we always sell out West Brom no matter how we’re doing but we struggle to take 1000 to St. Andrews and barely take any fans to wolves . It’s the same with us selling out Fulham but we struggle to take many to millwall, Watford and I don’t even think we sold out qpr either .

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That's probably Derek's car. Good bloke, lives a couple of doors down from El Rincon. 

Drinks in the Coopers. Runs, or did, the Jazz World stage at Glastonbury. Or so he says!

He's a good laugh, knows his football and his music - what more is there? 

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

Yep, plus within the last generation they've been in the premier league more than once, both major cup finals and a european cup final - imagine how our support would grow if we achieved something similar.  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Away from home we don't consistently get strong followings, particularly up north. I do wonder if this is partly due to not having many expats in that part of the country. 

What we don’t have is decent sized pockets of support around the country,  like Leeds and a couple other Championship clubs do.

We are at least consistent in averaging over 1000 away each year since we’ve returned to the Championship 6 seasons ago (not including Pandemic obviously).

Nothing wrong with our support home or away.

38 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Yeh sorry wasn’t trying to put a downer on us i just always find it weird how we only travel well to certain grounds no matter the distance. For example we always sell out West Brom no matter how we’re doing but we struggle to take 1000 to St. Andrews and barely take any fans to wolves .

But can you have a BBQ or nice Indian meal on the way to St. Andrews or Molineux?

12 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

That's probably Derek's car. Good bloke, lives a couple of doors down from El Rincon. 

Drinks in the Coopers. Runs, or did, the Jazz World stage at Glastonbury. Or so he says!

He's a good laugh, knows his football and his music - what more is there? 

Yep, plus within the last generation they've been in the premier league more than once, both major cup finals and a european cup final - imagine how our support would grow if we achieved something similar.  

That’s exactly where I see it.

Absolutely- he’s also clearly smart enough to know that living in South Bristol is preferable to Middlesbrough in every respect.

Wonder if Bob Mortimer will be there? Certainly been seen at one previous game between us at AG.

Having watched Middlesboro's win over Derby highlights, three of their 4 goals came from ordinary crosses into the box, and extremely poor/soft Derby defending.  Only one of their four goals came from good build up, the other three came from terrible Derby defending.  It probably does not bode well for Saturday?   As we have an ongoing aversion to crosses equal to Dracula?