IGNORED

Coventry City at home match day thread

We are infinitely more watchable and entertaining than at any time in the previous 2 years and if the young players that we have continue their trajectory then we are shaping something exciting and worth getting behind.

We need a couple of grizzly, street-smart types in with this lot.

Keep patience when they make mistakes, tolerate them when they try to do something different, and enjoy them cause there was a group of guys out there that clearly want to do their best for this football club, and that has not been the case for a while.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 12
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
2 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

I'm just pissed off with individual errors all the ******* time.

Young players will make the odd mistake and, hopefully, learn from them Banj, let's hope Han Noah learns tonight.

While we can see the emerging young side, we can live with it but I do understand your frustration.

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Can we solve the late gol issue? If we can then we have a top 10 side here potentially to go into next season. If not then it’ll be a similar season to this! But this has been much better than last!

Didn't we just make a mistake while going for the win Alex? That's how I saw it.

• Like 4
Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

Can we solve the late gol issue? If we can then we have a top 10 side here potentially to go into next season. If not then it’ll be a similar season to this! But this has been much better than last!

I don’t think we defended the winner at all well, surely they should have drifted across to pick up the only one who was free, but that to one side we were pushing very heavily for a late winner against a side good on the break. Easy in hindsight, but ‘take a draw’? Pays your money and takes your choice I guess.

2 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Totally get what you are saying its just poor.

It’s frustrating , very frustrating, especially when we’ve played well

But we were never threatening the top 8 this season , were far more likely to threaten the bottom three, we’ve had crap injuries again , reduced the wage bill significantly , got rid of some of the wasters and have 3 or 4 youngsters establishing themselves and looking the part at this level at a very young age 

We’ve got a few decent senior pros helping the squad and the side and performing , and we are playing some good football

Post game is not the easiest time to do it , but if we take a deep breath , personally I think we have the makings of a very decent side 

Get rid of the mistakes , and any bad luck this season , learn from the mistakes and the future is bright

COYR

• Like 5
26 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'll quite happily stand my ground here, I'd be interested to see the stats if someone can find them on how many passes he's given away this season that have resulted in breakway chances. Like I said, kids got tons of talent and I'm in no way saying he isn't good enough but he's really got some work to be done when it comes to some of his decision making when passing. The lad can hit passes some of us wouldn't see as possible which is what frustrates me so much when he makes silly mistakes that shouldn't be happening.

88th minute of a match where he covered miles of the pitch. Pass was a million miles from goal in a central area with plenty of cover. He slightly under hit a pass to his team mate, he didn't put their player clean through on goal ffs. They all have work to be done in some regard. Semenyo couldn't trap a bag of cement tonight but his mistakes were made near their goal where it's easy forgive because it doesn't lead to a chance for them. I would be interested in the stats of all our players that have given away chances. We wouldn't be where we are as a team without collective mistakes so let's not try to highlight individual ones. 

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

What gets me is how little  Coventry had to do to get their goals. Not relentless  attack or pressure. Just a good pass and wait for the keystone cop error and it was that easy. And of course the fact you knew it would happen and roughly when.

• Like 1

Concentrating for 90m+ in a league like the Championship is incredibly taxing. We've got so many kids out there it's not surprising they sometimes make mistakes, and that their concentration isn't always spot on.

It'll come, it's getting better. We're on a path now I don't feel we have been for at least 3 years.

I really enjoyed the game tonight overall.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Totally disagree, just got caught on the counter pushing for the goal. Unfortunate but one of those things. Generally a tidy performance with all the team contributing.

In the first half especially we were carved open from passes in between the centre backs and full backs? Coventry got in behind too easily and too often.

Much improved in the second half, but we were pretty lethargic for the first half, and lost momentum again towards the end.