IGNORED

Mid table obscurity.

Robbored

Disappointing to lose today but City are now 14 points off the top six and 17 points above the drop zone so are comfortably in mid table and that’s pretty much where many of us were predicting where City would end this campaign, given the three seasons Nige has undertaken. Another couple of wins should see us finish the season comfortably placed and imo Nige will have done as well as expected - especially so with the loss of senior players through various injuries over the season. In fact I don’t think that Nige has been able to select his best 11 at anytime.

The positives are clear to all - the emergence of the likes of Semenyo, HNM, Scott, Pring and Bell all suggest a better season lies up ahead. 

No doubt we’ll lose one or possibly two this summer to balance the books just as we’ve seen plenty of times before and personally I’m not too concerned, it’s the way it is the football world after all.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Disappointing to lose today but City are now 14 points off the top six and 17 points above the drop zone so are comfortably in mid table and that’s pretty much where many of us were predicting where City would end this campaign, given the three seasons Nige has undertaken. Another couple of wins should see us finish the season comfortably placed and imo Nige will have done as well as expected - especially so with the loss of senior players through various injuries over the season. In fact I don’t think that Nige has been able to select his best 11 at anytime.

The positives are clear to all - the emergence of the likes of Semenyo, HNM, Scott, Pring and Bell all suggest a better season lies up ahead. 

No doubt we’ll lose one or possibly two this summer to balance the books just as we’ve seen plenty of times before and personally I’m not too concerned, it’s the way it is the football world after all.

Yep as disappointing as our performances are I have to say I would have wished for midtable obscurity after last few seasons so happy but still unhappy if you know what I mean.

Don't forget though that if it wasn't for reading and derby having points deducted we would be just 4 points from safety.

With our away form and leaky defence I wouldn't feel confident of avoiding the drop.

Good signs for next season though as the youngsters gain more experience

Just now, forbespm said:

Don't forget though that if it wasn't for reading and derby having points deducted we would be just 4 points from safety.

With our away form and leaky defence I wouldn't feel confident of avoiding the drop.

Good signs for next season though as the youngsters gain more experience

Sorry,4 points above the relegation zone

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Do we all have to get your permission to find if a topic is acceptable or no? Like the ******* gestapo

This isn’t the first time PF a has made unnecessary comments about my posts. It’s not my problem if she doesn’t understand them…………:cool2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Do we all have to get your permission to find if a topic is acceptable or no? Like the ******* gestapo

It’s really not that deep, RR is happy to give it out so should be prepared to take some stick too ?

Nothing malicious about it from me, just find his lack of considered insight (relative to post count) quite funny.

Edited by Phileas Fogg

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

But for the points deductions of others would not look so mid table. We have continued to have considerable injury issues, no improvement on what went on before NP. and this has hampered his ability to chose his best 11 and formation, so he gets some slack there.

Still find some of his comments, team selections and tactics strange at times. We often seem to lack detail and organisation.

Underwhelming for me but only one year into the three year project and hopefully the Summer recruitment will improve us.

Was expecting more from his appointment.

2 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

But for the points deductions of others would not look so mid table. We have continued to have considerable injury issues, no improvement on what went on before NP. and this has hampered his ability to chose his best 11 and formation, so he gets some slack there.

Still find some of his comments, team selections and tactics strange at times. We often seem to lack detail and organisation.

Underwhelming for me but only one year into the three year project and hopefully the Summer recruitment will improve us.

Fans of pretty much every football club don’t necessarily agree with their manager’s decisions - it’s par for the course

Remember that Nige is just into two thirds into his first season and given time will produce the goods.Patience is the key.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Fans of pretty much every football club don’t necessarily agree with their manager’s decisions - it’s par for the course

Remember that Nige is just into two thirds into his first season and given time will produce the goods.Patience is the key.

1) Correct but that is my opinion on our manager, not a sycophantic one I confess.

2) He was also in charge for a third of last season, don't forget.

But yes patience is the key and a must apparently.

Happy to go along with the project but it needs to start improving consistently at some point.

Not a disaster was just expecting more.

13 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Yes for sure was expecting more he is a top manager proven but agree he has not sorted a system or defensive issues ,he has chosen to have a small squad to pick from but looking at available players after sensible clear out he isn't left with a top ten squad so actually not done so bad as we are practically safe,Summer will make fans mind up on whether he is the man or not. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Minor detail but its 3/4 into his first full season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, red colin said:

Yes for sure was expecting more he is a top manager proven but agree he has not sorted a system or defensive issues ,he has chosen to have a small squad to pick from but looking at available players after sensible clear out he isn't left with a top ten squad so actually not done so bad as we are practically safe,Summer will make fans mind up on whether he is the man or not. 

Agree with most of this but feel he isn't /hasn't got the "most" out of our squad. It is not as bad as many conveniently make it out to be.

3 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Agree with most of this but feel he isn't /hasn't got the "most" out of our squad. It is not as bad as many conveniently make it out to be.

Truth is its amazing we have got to 40 points with the awful performances we have put up with but I fear pearson has picked the hardest job he has ever had and behind the scenes he is having to sort problems as well, no excuse he is a team and system manager and this side of it is proving difficult to sort. I think we all need to suck it up until next season where he won't have any arguments if he gets funds it will then be I him . 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Seriously hampered by injuries to important players, most recently Atkinson and Tanner, both defensive players. No real surprise that City struggle to keep a clean sheet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Out of interest, what more were you expecting?

I was expecting an organised side and set way of play but it seems game to game and constant formation changes before and during games ,I thought pearson would have a certain format but he seems uncertain which I didn't expect and by the way I would have picked him ax the man to sort it but in all honesty a top guy is struggling. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, red colin said:

I was expecting an organised side and set way of play but it seems game to game and constant formation changes before and during games ,I thought pearson would have a certain format but he seems uncertain which I didn't expect and by the way I would have picked him ax the man to sort it but in all honesty a top guy is struggling. 

Also for us to be a really organised tough side to over run but we can ad today showed easily be turned over without forest getting out of first gear ..that is the opposite to what I expected 

27 minutes ago, red colin said:

Also for us to be a really organised tough side to over run but we can ad today showed easily be turned over without forest getting out of first gear ..that is the opposite to what I expected 

Yes he has not got a handle on his own system abd set up after around a year,it is worrying me for the first time so far into his programme, we can all see other teams system against us but we just don't have one our self, we rely on the bounce of the ball and getting lucky which is not a systen

1 hour ago, red colin said:

Yes he has not got a handle on his own system abd set up after around a year,it is worrying me for the first time so far into his programme, we can all see other teams system against us but we just don't have one our self, we rely on the bounce of the ball and getting lucky which is not a systen

I know people won’t like this, but, he hasn’t got anything like “his squad” yet.

He has signed just 4 players he expected to be here in year 3…Weimann (re-sign), James, Atkinson and Tanner.  Of course there are some existing players who will be on that journey too.  But it isn’t even a full eleven.

Finances have made it very difficult to “trade”…made worse when the likes of Diedhiou left for free, giving him nothing additional to spend.

I think he’s trying to tread water against the tide at the mo’, and even if it is helped by points deductions of Derby and Reading, we’ve had a season (so far) of not really having to look over our shoulder.  I think that’s a positive, especially when you’ve blooded plenty of youngsters, some of whom have suddenly either given hope for ourselves in the future or worst case (contradictory) will be sold for fees that sort out our finances to a great degree.

Its bloody frustrating, but I’ve really enjoyed this season.  I do wonder why some actually support us? ??‍♂️

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

9 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Out of interest, what more were you expecting?

Better performances from the squad of players he has had at his disposal.

An organised side that looks like it has got a game plan and has been working on that plan in DETAIL during the week in training.

An actual defence !

Just better than what we have really.

But still time, he is only 1 year into the 3 year plan.