IGNORED

Dropping down to us next season

22A

Currently Burnley have improved. Everton, Newcastle and Leeds are all in danger of being relegated along with Watford & Norwich.

If one of the "bigger" clubs is to come down, who'd you prefer and why.

If it was Newcastle or Leeds, the majority of game would be televised because that what Sky did last time.  I'd like Everton to come down because they are perceived to be "one of the big boys" and secondly, a founder member of the Prem.

Over to you for your thoughts....

• Like 1

On current form, you would think Newcastle are pulling clear meaning Leeds and Everton are in danger, If Leeds get a new Manager 'bounce', it could just be Everton staring down the barrel.

As I've family in Liverpool that are all mad keen Evertonians, I would like to see them survive but it may be their time to drop and regroup prior to moving into their new stadium.

personally, I think Brentford are coming back down.

Norwich, Watford and Brentford. That's straight back down for all 3 innit?

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, 22A said:

Currently Burnley have improved. Everton, Newcastle and Leeds are all in danger of being relegated along with Watford & Norwich.

If one of the "bigger" clubs is to come down, who'd you prefer and why.

If it was Newcastle or Leeds, the majority of game would be televised because that what Sky did last time.  I'd like Everton to come down because they are perceived to be "one of the big boys" and secondly, a founder member of the Prem.

Over to you for your thoughts....

Everton. I haven't been to their ground. I haven't been to Burnley or Newcastle but they've been in the Championship recently.

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

On current form, you would think Newcastle are pulling clear meaning Leeds and Everton are in danger, If Leeds get a new Manager 'bounce', it could just be Everton staring down the barrel.

As I've family in Liverpool that are all mad keen Evertonians, I would like to see them survive but it may be their time to drop and regroup prior to moving into their new stadium.

personally, I think Brentford are coming back down.

Norwich, Watford and Brentford. That's straight back down for all 3 innit?

I’d agree with the Brentford shout here. I think Watford and Norwich are nailed on, and it’s between Leeds and Brentford for the last place for me. In terms of “like” to go down, I’d like it to be Leeds, because they are just bloody annoying, but think the Bees are in as bad a tailspin 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d agree with the Brentford shout here. I think Watford and Norwich are nailed on, and it’s between Leeds and Brentford for the last place for me. In terms of “like” to go down, I’d like it to be Leeds, because they are just bloody annoying, but think the Bees are in as bad a tailspin 

I would, sadly, say Everton should be added to the other 2 Silvio, new Manager and still crap.

Edited by Ska Junkie

12 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Everton. I haven't been to their ground. I haven't been to Burnley or Newcastle but they've been in the Championship recently.

Ditto.

I have a vague memory of them beating us in a cup game at the Gate early 2000s, but I don't think I've seen us play them in the league. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ditto.

I have a vague memory of them beating us in a cup game at the Gate early 2000s, but I don't think I've seen us play them in the league. 

Possibly the only, but certainly one of the few, english pro-league teams that I haven't seen play us live.

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ditto.

Only on pens. Drew 2-2 with them in 2004

Edited by Big C
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Possibly the only, but certainly one of the few, english pro-league teams that I haven't seen play us live.

I don`t think we`ve played at Goodison Park since the First Division days. There are a few like that - Man Utd, Man City (at Maine Road), Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and probably one or two others.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I've seen them hammering us 5-0 in League Cup. Ball, Royle, and a host of great players.

The first one I saw was an FA Cup at Goodison in 1956. Lost 3-0 if memory correct.

Then four home games in First Division 76-80. I can't remember us ever beating them.

We beat them in our last season at that level, 2-1. Apart from that we pretty much lost all of them.

EDIT: Just checked, February 1980 we beat them at the Gate.

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Always happy to see some Leeds tears. Plus I’m yet to do Elland Road, a big one I need to tick off.

Good atmosphere in the ground but as an away fan it’s pretty shit . Gantry block top half of away end so can only see half the pitch , no away pubs anywhere even close to the ground and it’s £41 a ticket let alone travel costs .

Edited by Wiltshire robin

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

That was mid 90’s mate. Some random centre half scoring late on to nick an undeserved 0-1 at the Gate. 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

1995. Matt Jackson after we dominated the entire game, they went on to win the cup.

If it’s the game I’m thinking of, it was January 1994 (perhaps 1995), on a bitterly cold Sunday afternoon with torrential rain.

The pitch was like a potato field, City (who, like Everton, played poorly) had chances to win - Partridge hit the post when it looked easier to score (so did somebody else, I think, but I can’t remember who) and Allison headed a glorious chance miles wide.

As you stated, Jackson scored a late winner for Everton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Good atmosphere in the ground but as an away fan it’s pretty shit . Gantry block top half of away end so can only see half the pitch , no away pubs anywhere even close to the ground and it’s £41 a ticket let alone travel costs .

Good lord. Think that trip goes back down the list then. Thanks for the heads up!