IGNORED

Danny Simpson leaves City

CyderInACan

I came back to view the forum because some friends told me Simpson was released and I was interested in the responses.

I'm not supporting the club because they have shown that they will sign players who are violent towards women while footballers. This manager. This ownership group.  Until those both change or a statement of some kind happens where they announce they will no longer do so, then I cannot give them my time or energy.

If someone does it before they're a pro/really young, that's one thing, but I think entertainers should lose their privileges to entertain when they do something so heinous as an active entertainer. I won't listen to Chris Brown's music or watch Roman Polansky films.  My line for stopping supporting the club was employing footballers who displayed violence towards women. Maybe you don't have a line, that's fine. Your choice. Maybe it's just a different line to mine? Would you still cheer on Luke McCormick? Lee Hughes? Adam Johnson? Is there ANYTHING the club could do to get you to stop supporting them?

I'm not looking for debate, just saying why I won't return to supporting the club for the foreseeable future and probably ever.

Who cares about me? Well some people do enough to accuse other people of being me... so hopefully you'll judge them on their own actions rather than mine. I'm sure there have been posters who get banned and return, or have multiple accounts, I'm not one of them. I just don't follow City anymore. If I change my mind I'll post on this account.

@Sheltons Army@Toblerone boot@Davefevs

Just tagging you three because you've recently mentioned me.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Who cares about me? Well some people do enough to accuse other people of being me... so hopefully you'll judge them on their own actions rather than mine.

It’s okay, I don’t think they actually cared about you as such ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Serious question, how long have you supported us?

Because Simpson isn’t even our worst signing of the last few years.

Go on then… Who’s worse? Clearly an opinion based topic but my reasons are:

- signing came with terrible PR

- Didn’t ever ‘look’ or ‘feel’ like a rationale signing.

- not had one good game for us.

- has taken up wages that would have been vital in having another player in what has been a problem position for us for years (and continues to be)

- never really felt like a genuine first team option either last season or this.

Other contenders: Nicky Hunt, didn’t work out at all well but on paper seemed like a sensible signing at the time. Marinovic: crap but was only here for a few months during our keeper crisis and wouldn’t have cost us much. Plenty of others but Simpson is the pick for me.

Oh, and supported for 22 years+ - if that’s ok with you?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Go on then… Who’s worse? Clearly an opinion based topic but my reasons are:

- signing came with terrible PR

- Didn’t ever ‘look’ or ‘feel’ like a rationale signing.

- not had one good game for us.

- has taken up wages that would have been vital in having another player in what has been a problem position for us for years (and continues to be)

- never really felt like a genuine first team option either last season or this.

Other contenders: Nicky Hunt, didn’t work out at all well but on paper seemed like a sensible signing at the time. Marinovic: crap but was only here for a few months during our keeper crisis and wouldn’t have cost us much. Plenty of others but Simpson is the pick for me.

Oh, and supported for 22 years+ - if that’s ok with you?

Worse? 
Palmer £3.5m, huge wages, we still can’t get rid,

Engvall £2m, striker who never scored a goal for us, sold 2 years later for £200k.

Adelakun, Watkins, Walsh, Wells, El-Abd, Ryan Fredericks, Hegeler, Geifer, Diony, O’Neill, Jody Morris, Richard Foster, Mark Wilson, Gilmartin, Brunt, Nicky Hunt, Styvar. 

That enough for you?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Worse? 

Engvall £2m, striker who never scored a goal for us, sold 2 years later for £200k.

Adelakun, Watkins, Walsh, Wells, El-Abd, Ryan Fredericks, Hegeler, Geifer, Diony, O’Neill, Jody Morris, Richard Foster, Mark Wilson, Gilmartin, Brunt, Nicky Hunt, Styvar. 

That enough for you?

Hell's bells, that's some list. Well done for winning the argument, but I'd been trying to forget that lot - thanks a bunch!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Well they may not have worked out, but at least we had Tin Plavotic....     :whistle2:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Worse? 

That enough for you?

Bobby Reid. Sold for £10m a season after most people would have happily let him go for £300k-£400k.

Swings 'n' roundabouts.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Bobby Reid. Sold for £10m a season after most people would have happily let him go for £300k-£400k.

Swings 'n' roundabouts.

That was more by luck though wasn’t it, whilst he played those years in midfield which was his position he was average to poor … it was only moving him upfront during pre season due to injuries we found a role for him that he did well … would he have continued at that level for a second season for us … ?? Who knows 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gilli74 said:

That was more by luck though wasn’t it, whilst he played those years in midfield which was his position he was average to poor … it was only moving him upfront during pre season due to injuries we found a role for him that he did well … would he have continued at that level for a second season for us … ?? Who knows 

I thought he’d begun to show signs the season before…started that season well in an attacking midfield role, notching 4 in the opening 10 games of the season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Swings 'n' roundabouts.

If most people thought that then they weren't seeing what I was.  Not only the hardest-working member of the squad, but consistently asked to drop too deep to utilise his goal-scoring threat. I'm not the only one who thought that.

I fear sometimes Alex Scott is likewise asked to play too far back the field to make the most of his threat on goal. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Worse? 

That enough for you?

Palmer- agreed. Engvall, yes a big loss there but let's see if he has a steady career in a top flight in Europe somewhere, did he get a chance really?

Range of pros and cons at time of signing to a lot of the players you list, although some were out and out flops, or injury wrecked.

Defenders in their mid 30's though, are not really in keeping with a high line or attempts to play this.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Engvall, yes a big loss there but let's see if he has a steady career in a top flight in Europe somewhere, did he get a chance really?

This is it. May well be more of a failure to develop the guy rather than failure of recruitment.

Now playing at Mechelen in the Belgian prem. Not a bad side at all and still only 25.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Palmer- agreed. Engvall, yes a big loss there but let's see if he has a steady career in a top flight in Europe somewhere, did he get a chance really?

Range of pros and cons at time of signing to a lot of the players you list, although some were out and out flops, or injury wrecked.

Defenders in their mid 30's though, are not really in keeping with a high line or attempts to play this.

Engvall has done almost nothing in his time at Mechelen, with just 12 goals in 70 games for them, and 8 of those came in his very first season in the Belgian Second (!) division as they got promoted, since then just 4 goals in 3 top flight seasons, he’s a massive dud.

38 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

This is it. May well be more of a failure to develop the guy rather than failure of recruitment.

Now playing at Mechelen in the Belgian prem. Not a bad side at all and still only 25.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Engvall has done almost nothing in his time at Mechelen, with just 12 goals in 70 games for them, and 8 of those came in his very first season in the Belgian Second (!) division as they got promoted, since then just 4 goals in 3 top flight seasons, he’s a massive dud.

12 in 50 according to the stats I looked up, but I suppose it depends on how they play him. I don't read Flemish well enough to know how fans see him, but I did notice he started their last game, so their manager must rate him to some degree.

Mechelen are 6th in their top tier and given the decent state of Belgian football I'd warrant they could give City a tough game. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I have something rattling around in my head that says Engvall point blank refused to go out on loan when he was here??....

It's a while ago now & my memory bank's arn't what they were..

If I'm correct in recollection that's a very negative stance & imo casts a shadow over his outlook/commitment.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

I have something rattling around in my head that says Engvall point blank refused to go out on loan when he was here??....

It's a while ago now & my memory bank's arn't what they were..

If I'm correct in recollection that's a very negative stance & imo casts a shadow over his outlook/commitment.

Yeah, that rings a bell. I think it may have been that he refused to go on loan in England and wanted to go abroad.

There was also the rumour that the other players couldn't believe how bad he was when they saw him in training.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, that rings a bell. I think it may have been that he refused to go on loan in England and wanted to go abroad.

There was also the rumour that the other players couldn't believe how bad he was when they saw him in training.

Yes, that’s what happened, wanted a loan back home.  Trying to remember which team was in for him, but memory fail so far.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I think that was an evidence-free posting on here, but if true I wonder how many of them are playing in any country's top flight?  He must have a great agent if he's that bad.

• Like 2

I think that was an evidence-free posting on here, but if true I wonder how many of them are playing in any country's top flight?  He must have a great agent if he's that bad.

Yeah I think just to add fuel to him being a bad signing, you definitely don't play regularly for a pretty big Belgian team if you're that bad...

Seems he is played more as a winger/AM now which may explain his goal record?

Edited by DaveF
  • Thanks 1

Yep, dislike those types of comment….Dressing room banter or not.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Northern Red said:

19 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

From memory, that was Wes Burns’ father, who claimed his teammates used to joke that he looked like somebody who had won a competition to train with City.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

From memory, that was Wes Burns’ father, who claimed his teammates used to joke that he looked like somebody who had won a competition to train with City.

Perhaps Wes's dad can get back to us when his son plays in the top tier of a successful European league.  Wes seems to be doing quite well, as I would have predicted he should, but in the third tier of the English game.