IGNORED

Barnsley away match day thread

12 minutes ago, TomF said:

3 centre half’s hasn’t worked all season and yet we persist again with it. 

Because we do not have a fit right back. In Pearson's opinion that means that we cannot play a back 4. So we play a back 3. Pearson would rather play a back 4 I'm pretty sure, but because Tanner is injured, and Simpson was shite, we cannot do that.

That is something that can be fixed in the summer. Will it transform our defence into an iron curtain, maybe, maybe not, but it should free up a man to help in midfield.

Barnsley are playing smart here though. Bit of a throw back to the high press they used under Ismael, coupled with balls into the channels between our CBs - who's confidence is fooked thanks to the early goals. Both goals were awful. 

• Like 1

Frankly, this is embarrassing. 

Defence all at sea, midfield non-existent, attack limp. 

So bad, I beginning to wonder about Pearson for the first time. Yes, blame the players but, seriously, can anybody explain wtf is Massengo doing marking a giant for a corner?  What clown of a coach thinks that’s a good idea?

Time for GJ type players been pinned against the dressing room wall. Dasilva the only player worthy of the shirt atm. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Clearly think they have done enough after scraping it at Blackburn, and have switched off and coasted into this.

Collectively and as individuals this is a professional embarrassment and pretty shameful.

This Barnsley side have won 5 out of 36 tonight before good old Bristol City and our weak mentality roll into town to spur their season on.

The kid in goal is statistically the busiest in the league and we have not made him so much as move fast.

Shambles tonight.

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm not sure how it works, but Aimee Palmer and Abi Harrison would improve this team.

Amy Turtle and Abi Titmus would do that and Amy Turtle's been for years!

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The quicker Pearson is gone the better 

Absolute liability of a manager 

People can say all they want about how much of a shitshow he inherited but the basic lack of being able to get us organised at the back is starting to become more than a worry for me now.

No excuses for some of the appalling goals we let in time and time again. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1