IGNORED

Barnsley away match day thread

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Whoppers on here revelling in it. Not a peep out of them at the weekend.

Poison.

Nah. I have admit having been a staunch Pearson supporter, to be struggling with this.

Perhaps, you can explain why Massengo has been assigned to mark their gigantic centre back at corners? Its got to be pre-planned. Wasn’t the case of chaotic, panic last- minute marking. That’s how we lined up at the corner. 

We’re still in this. We could even turn it round. But ffs this is just basic, elementary tactical errors, unless the players are that thick they don’t employ the marking systems they’re coached. 

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

People were hardly raving about the Blackburn performance, I mean we won with the last kick but even the club were labeling the result as a smash and grab.

They were 4th, I didn’t care how we won, in the papers it still says we did.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I get that, and it's been shit.

It's the kneejerk catastrophism from people who go missing when we win that I have a problem with.

I don’t know if it’s knee jerk.

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to defend the same mistakes again and again.

Im going to stick with my opinion that Nigel has the summer, but if we are displaying the same ineptitude come September/October surely you’ve got to question the management?

Edited by 054123
  • Like 3
Just now, Northern Red said:

I get that, and it's been shit.

It's the kneejerk catastrophism from people who go missing when we win that I have a problem with.

It’s a forum, and sadly an anonymous one, for all it’s good entertaining stuff it can be equally full of belters. I’ve stopped engaging with some and got a couple blocked as it’s the same old shite with nothing to back up or argue with. Much less stressful.

pearson out blah blah, dinosaur, has-been… so you ask who we could get or afford or attract with sod all transfer budget and you get nothing back. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2
2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Genuinely have to ask if you are watching the same game. You are just having joy at ripping into the side again. Zero support, zero idea, zero appreciation of the financial melt down we are suffering. Thank you for your continued support. City deserve what they are with people like you. 

Oh please, bollox to the financial situation there are NO excuses for the schoolboy defending we are dished up almost week in week out under Pearson.

Whilst I appreciate the financial constraints he is under there is more than enough experience in our defensive ranks for him and Fleming to be getting more out of. It’s shameful to be honest.

11 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

This is as bad as i can remember in my 40 years of following City.

I appreciate Barnsley have something to play for but our lack of quality is alarming!

If Nige gets us anywhere near the top half next season then he's worked miracles.

Blimey if that’s the worst you can remember in 40 years you are a lucky sod ?

Edited by steveybadger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Exactly. We have a very mediocre squad of players who can't put in two performances on the spin. Some of them can't even manage two 45's on the spin. Add to that three very promising younger players who have the consistency levels of...........younger players.....and we are seeing the results. The more senior and/or experienced players in this side, Weimann excepted, are letting us down big time. Once you get 100 league games under your belt you should be able to put in seven performances out of ten minimum but our lot just can't manage it.

For as long as I remember we haven’t been able to put in two good 45’s in a row. That was par for the course under Johnson and Holden - not sure why we’re expecting anything different. 

One thing you can be sure if though it’s always “the worst I can remember”. 

• Like 1
Just now, bexhill reds said:

Pearson out blah blah, dinosaur, has-been… so you ask who we could get or afford or attract with sod all transfer budget and you get nothing back. 

Because it's a ******* stupid ask of someone you can see someone is shit at their job doesn't mean you have to find their ******* replacement 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Blimey....14 pages by half-time.  Guess the score, anyone?

Come on Dave it’s getting frustrating.

Its difficulties keep biting your tongue when we offer so little and display the same ineptitude on a regular basis.

The summer can’t vibe quick enough for everyone I think.

Just now, MelksRed said:

No

Yes.

We need the money.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

I don’t know if it’s knee jerk.

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to defend the same mistakes again and again.

Im going to stick with my option that Nigel has the summer, but if we are displaying the same ineptitude come September/October surely you’ve got to question the management?

That’s a fair enough argument. You’d want to see progress. When they click they look a really tidy team e.g Preston away. More clicks please Nige.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

This is as bad as i can remember in my 40 years of following City.

I appreciate Barnsley have something to play for but our lack of quality is alarming!

If Nige gets us anywhere near the top half next season then he's worked miracles.

Well he certainly doesn't seem to be the messiah so don't hold your breath.

• Like 1