IGNORED

Barnsley away match day thread

7 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

First half reflections in a nutshell, written in the style of our performance e.g. seriously disinterested.

Very poor from us

Barnsley 2 school boy defending 0 - commentator ‘Barnsley must wish they played against this defence every week’

They want it, we really aren’t bothered

When we have the ball we give it away far too often and far too easily - key sentence of first half commentary ‘that’s given away again’

We are fortunate it’s only two

I think the ref has done well

Traveling fans have been remarkable despite our performance

I would pay to hear NPs half time comments. Anticipate Wells will be introduced for Martin, as at least  Semenyo has looked a bit interested once or twice.

Is Semenyo really worth the hype.

Looking back over the years I’d say still more Terry Bush than John Atyeo

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
10 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

They have a really interesting decision to make on pricing. After 38 years I’m not bothered about renewing anymore. 

I'll be looking at this with interest. With everything in the world becoming more expensive luxuries like season tickets are no longer top of the priority list, especially when the value for money is soooo poor. 

• Like 2
Just now, Ivorguy said:

Is Semenyo really worth the hype.

Looking back over the years I’d say still more Terry Bush than John Atyeo

Yes, when he clicks he puts the fear of god into defenders, quick and strong, can play right across the front 3, he’ll pull players all over the place. Only just 21, let’s see what he’s like in another couple of years.

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I'll be looking at this with interest. With everything in the world becoming more expensive luxuries like season tickets are no longer top of the priority list, especially when the value for money is soooo poor. 

Or the other way to look at it, season ticket might be the same price as a month of gas and electricity. Might be cheaper turning the heating off and going down the Gate every second Saturday

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Genuinely have to ask if you are watching the same game 

We've been ripped to shreads and are huffing and puffing getting no where. 

Bull shit. We're losing because we can't defend corners and have missed a clear chance. We are not being 'ripped to shreds' we're beating ourselves 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This doesn't even make sense. We're a chocolate teapot now, but I was saying changes in the summer could possibly turn that into something better. You're muddled up here mate.

Semenyo is rattled, he's trying too hard and smashing balls across the box willy nilly. But yeh we've had chances. Calm it down at half time, come out, reset, focus on simple passing to beat their press and then counter when they are pulled out of position. And for god's sake don't let them get any set pieces.

2-2 is still possible tonight.

Thanks for your insight....but I am not in the least bit muddled, thanks.  I am of the opinion that NP has no idea on how to set up a defensive unit, and i believe that rather than organising a solid defensive unit next season, he will continue to be found wanting.  For all the perceived problems he has faced, I still have no faith in his ability to buy, organise and coach a solid defence.   I have lost all trust in NP, and I think it will continue to be a long term problem while he is in charge......... .   I would like him to be replaced, but it's probably wishful thinking, as SL is a brilliant businessman, but an awful judge of football?  IMHO

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Blame apportioning:

Goal 1. Scott air kicks a regulation clearance. They score. 

Goal 2. Cundy can’t be arsed to track his man. He scores. 

They’re not really things you teach in training are they?

First one was dreadful play by Cundy to give away the corner in the first place.

To be fair to him he’s improved as the half went on but it was a horrible start to the game by him.

If that had been Vyner it would be meltdown on here.

Martin haters out in force, too.,

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Blame apportioning:

Goal 1. Scott air kicks a regulation clearance. They score. 

Goal 2. Cundy can’t be arsed to track his man. He scores. 

They’re not really things you teach in training are they?

Exactly. We have a very mediocre squad of players who can't put in two performances on the spin. Some of them can't even manage two 45's on the spin. Add to that three very promising younger players who have the consistency levels of...........younger players.....and we are seeing the results. The more senior and/or experienced players in this side, Weimann excepted, are letting us down big time. Once you get 100 league games under your belt you should be able to put in seven performances out of ten minimum but our lot just can't manage it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Barnsley look good on the ball.  We look well off it.  Season was done after Blackburn.

They’ve literally had to do nothing though. We’ve gifted them 2 goals in the first 20 minutes.

Imagine if this was Bournemouth or Fulham.