IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth away match day thread

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Want a bet?

You have been posting this nonsense for weeks, he’s 31 in August & sides could have signed him for nothing last summer (Stoke tried).

I will be amazed if he’s elsewhere by August.

Time and our habit will tell....

To say 3-2 flatters us is an understatement. Would’ve been 5 or 6 on another day if not for Bentley and their wastefulness. 

Im so ******* tired of watching his concede such poor goals. They had a man with 7 yards of free space around him basically every corner too. So amateur 

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

To say 3-2 flatters us is an understatement. Would’ve been 5 or 6 on another day if not for Bentley and their wastefulness. 

Im so ******* tired of watching his concede such poor goals. They had a man with 7 yards of free space around him basically every corner too. So amateur 

DETAILS.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

All the people who seem determined that Weimann is off in the summer, how much do you think clubs would pay?

Because I'd bet the reality is nowhere near what you're expecting, and nowhere near what would tempt the club to sell.

Still, if it gives you something else to catastrophize...

The other thing they singularly fail to realise is he is a perfect example of how we reduce our wage bill.

Rumour is he accepted around half what he was on previously as part of getting 3 years, so (unlike Wells, Palmer, Kalas) he is now absolutely on a sustainable wage for us.

The decision to give him this contract (not popular on here at the time, but those who said so are incredibly quiet about it now) was a great piece of business.

• Like 15
  • Flames 4
3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

All the people who seem determined that Weimann is off in the summer, how much do you think clubs would pay?

Because I'd bet the reality is nowhere near what you're expecting, and nowhere near what would tempt the club to sell.

He will not be going anywhere think we all know that unless Everton get relegated and slam in a £10 million bid of course 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Someone with any sense in the current market will pay £5 million for a proven Championship goal scorer like Weimann.

Why on earth would he stay with this aimless shambles if an offer came in.

I said a while ago he will be the biggest loss of all the saleable assets.

Considering we're at the bare bones, that wasn't a bad result. Easy in hindsight, but City looked far better with Dasilva at LWB and could have snatched a draw. Yes, we surrendered midfield for the most part and defended deep, but against promotion certaintees we still looked competitive. 

Always look on the bright side I say.

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The other thing they singularly fail to realise is he is a perfect example of how we reduce our wage bill.

Rumour is he accepted around half what he was on previously as part of getting 3 years, so (unlike Wells, Palmer, Kalas) he is now absolutely on a sustainable wage for us.

The decision to give him this contract (not popular on here at the time, but those who said so are incredibly quiet about it now) was a great piece of business.

I have always said he is our best player.

Others describe him as someone with a foot like a banjo who just runs around alot.

Edited by Waconda
7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Then stop the moaning and just except that we are going to be horse for another good 2 years 

Not moaned, merely opined that a spell in league 1 will do us no favours on lots of levels, mostly involving financial backing. 

Bournemouth are a good team, practically too good for this league, but will be utter shite in the Prem, and that’s the difference these days. The parachute payments are more or less creating a Prem 2 in all but name.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Thats what following a clear policy and strategy for many years gets you. Excellent recruitment . We could have followed the model but chose another route. 

‘Follow the model..’ if it was simple as that why doesn’t everyone do it and get automatic promotion?

Apart from parachute payments there are far too many variables (including length of grass..?) that can be added to a ‘model’ which is why it’s so elusive for most teams to get into the top 6. 

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They had 6 shots on target

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

When, in all the times we've gone down to league one, has it been a positive for us?

We go down, eventually get back up for a bit, only to go down again!

2013 was a worthwhile relegation in hindsight, as we cleared out some pretty dreadful deadwood and put together the nucleus of the side that won a double, then nearly made the championship playoffs a few years later. That said, I am ABSOLUTELY not saying let’s get relegated.. ?

30 minutes ago, pillred said:

Then why sell all our best players then?

Try stopping them when their agents arrive with contracts that would set them up for life and give them a better chance of glory. 
We know that we need to balance the books but SL., I am certain, would have preferred to keep many of the players we sold who would have given us a good chance of getting to the Prem. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

It doesn’t actually . Far far from it . Finally we are on the correct path . Huge steps forward . It is incredibly exciting .  Recruitment still an issue but slowly transforming . 

This season has been entertaining, not always for the right reasons but we are a million miles away from the end of last season, especially with the youth coming through 

• Like 6

It is worth pointing out that Solanke cost Bournemouth £20 million which is more than our starting eleven combined but then again basics like keeping the ball and actually finding your teammate do give you a chance 

One observation from today, i didn’t realise just how plastic Bournemouth has become, they’re only the second club after Fulham I’ve seen give out clappers to try and generate an atmosphere 

• Like 1

The Championship is regarded by many as one of the top 10 leagues in the world. We look like we will survive for another season. Yes we would all like us to be top of the table at this point of the season and so would all the other clubs in this league. At the end of the season only three clubs will be happy, the rest disappointed. Its down to Steve and Nigel to get it right in the summer for next season and who knows we could be one of those three clubs. Seems a long way of, but you never know.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Waconda said:

Someone with any sense in the current market will pay £5 million for a proven Championship goal scorer like Weimann.

Why on earth would he stay with this aimless shambles if an offer came in.

I said a while ago he will be the biggest loss of all the saleable assets.

Unless it's an exceptional offer. He would stay. As he has said on several occasions he likes it here, and for some players thats all they want, reasonable pay and enjoy who they play for. 

Edited by E.G.Red