IGNORED

Pearson comments- might be a quiet summer

Mr Popodopolous

FFP has arrived I fear.

Loans and frees- wages within Business Plan Limits? This is to the period ending May 2023.

A stab in the dark suggests that when we put in our Future Financial Info for the next 2 years- as all clubs do pretty much unless their losses FFP are at or < £15m for the prior 3 seasons, they also have to project Future FFP limits for the following 2 years- in this instance 2022/23 and 2023/24- and it could be linked to this.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

For sure- if we sell one of them and maybe loan out with a bit of cushion one or two fringe players and make wage savings there, then there will be a bit of room.

Perhaps even for small fees- but I think we will need to gain some fresh income or transfer income in order to add anyone new. That is a potential starting point.

As in make good the Projected deficit via profit on fees, wage savings and amortisation savings then go from there.

Nobody knows what the summer transfer market is going to pan out like. 
Many quality players are going to be out of contract and forced to accept more reasonable terms as clubs struggle to get their post COVID acts together. 
I am sure that we can do some business without spending the eye watering sums that we have in the past. 
Largish Nige is trying to play down expectations I expect. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

That'll get them Queuing round the block for Season tickets.......Great PR  from "Chuckle  Brother " Pearson?

It's true though, I expect. Or at least has a fair amount of truth.

Should he try and sugarcoat it and at what point should he reveal otherwise? It's honest IMO.

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Expectation management is also quite important. Could be some of this at play too.

• Like 3

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Naming Rights- maybe worth £1-2m a year in fair value terms.

Will help but won't absolutely clear our deficit.

Is there any other way to generate (not selling stadium or silly things that could seriously harm our future) or is it going to be a ride it out scenario? 

6 minutes ago, Slack said:

Is there any other way to generate (not selling stadium or silly things that could seriously harm our future) or is it going to be a ride it out scenario? 

Sellling stadium- and fixed assets in general- wouldn't help in any event. Profits on disposal of said fixed assets are now not counted towards FFP numbers. Adjusted out.

I've baked in a ride it out for this season and try to stay up scenario or lower midtable and we should have if we see off sanctions much greater freedom in summer 2023. Although a big player sale or two would move the dial considerably.

£1.5-2m in group naming rights would probably lop off some of the deficit and help us moving forward too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slack said:

Within FFP how can the club generate income without selling players? He mentioned being creative at one point. Obviously we don't want to do anything dodgy but is there a way? IE naming rights etc? 

Creative can come in the form of extending contract to spread out amortisation for example.  In Kalas’s case, spreading his £2m amortisation across several seasons by extending his contract could cut that considerably.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Creative can come in the form of extending contract to spread out amortisation for example.  In Kalas’s case, spreading his £2m amortisation across several seasons by extending his contract could cut that considerably.

Agreed- although one of my fears is that if Player X exceeds a wage limit as part of a Business Plan then it could become rather difficult. Devil always in the detail with these things though.

Would all help however.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed- although one of my fears is that if Player X exceeds a wage limit as part of a Business Plan then it could become rather difficult. Devil always in the detail with these things though.

Would all help however.

I really don’t think we will be under a strict business plan, more likely a bit of regular monitoring so that our projections are being maintained.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sellling stadium- and fixed assets in general- wouldn't help in any event. Profits on disposal of said fixed assets are now not counted towards FFP numbers. Adjusted out.

I've baked in a ride it out for this season and try to stay up scenario or lower midtable and we should have if we see off sanctions much greater freedom in summer 2023. Although a big player sale or two would move the dial considerably.

£1.5-2m in group naming rights would probably lop off some of the deficit and help us moving forward too.

Excuse my stupidity but how could we, the football club, even consider selling the stadium when we don't own it? Cracking job if we can sell something owned by someone else mind!!?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Sell to buy. Nige has four youngsters coveted by bigger clubs. HNM, Semenyo, Scott and Pring. Should a decent offer come in for one or even two of them he’ll have some wriggle room at least.

That sounds like a lot of speculation to me. Let me know when it is on the OS.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Excuse my stupidity but how could we, the football club, even consider selling the stadium when we don't own it? Cracking job if we can sell something owned by someone else mind!!?

My reading of it, although could be wrong is that Ashton Gate Limited and Bristol City FC sit under Bristol City Holdings which is the consolidator.

Stadium is on the Balance Sheet of Bristol City Holdings, and that I think is our FFP Reporting entity hence it could have been sold and leased back, a new company owned by SL or JL would have needed to be formed.

• Thanks 1

I've mentioned this previously on the transfer forum, it is possible for us to have a successful transfer window this summer due to the sheer volume of free agents available. 

Right Back - Kane Wilson (Forest Green)

Centre Back - Elliott Moore (Oxford)

Centre Back 2 - Michael Ihiekwe (Rotherham)

Defensive midfielder - Rinomhota (Reading) or Will Vaulks (Cardiff)

Midfield cover - Marlon Pack (Cardiff) possible Andy King replacement. 

All are available as free agents in the summer. Kane Wilson would require compensation due to his age, however this would be a fairly low fee. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Nobody knows what the summer transfer market is going to pan out like. 
Many quality players are going to be out of contract and forced to accept more reasonable terms as clubs struggle to get their post COVID acts together. 
I am sure that we can do some business without spending the eye watering sums that we have in the past. 

Exactly! It’s an open secret as to who is OOC. Their agents have the ability to tout them on the market place. We may already have pre contract deals as other clubs will have done. 

The comment was about spending money (on fees). We won’t be doing that unless a deal can be done with HNM or others. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly! It’s an open secret as to who is OOC. Their agents have the ability to tout them on the market place. We may already have pre contract deals as other clubs will have done. 

The comment was about spending money (on fees). We won’t be doing that unless a deal can be done with HNM or others. 

Agreed. Think it'll likely be loans or frees although with player sales or sell on fees falling our way that can still change.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Officially we can’t offer pre-contact to PL or EFL players until 1st June. ?

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1