IGNORED

VAR possible introduction in this seasons play off Championship games

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Explain why………

"Please"

Because the playoffs are their own distinct competition, the outcome of which has no effect or bearing on any other team that competes in the league competition. 

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Because the playoffs are their own distinct competition, the outcome of which has no effect or bearing on any other team that competes in the league competition. 

I’d argue that had VaR been used during the Championship season then there could well have been 4 different clubs in the play off places. 
To then decide to use VaR in the play off games from the same Championship doesn’t seem right to me as none of the clubs would have encountered if previously. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’d argue that had VaR been used during the Championship season then there could well have been 4 different clubs in the play off places. 
To then decide to use VaR in the play off games from the same Championship doesn’t seem right to me as none of the clubs would have encountered if previously. 

Assume VAR is used in every FA Cup match. A Championship team then plays a game in the FA Cup. Should VAR be turned off in that FA Cup match because it's not used in the Championship?

Edited by ExiledAjax

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Assume VAR is used in every FA Cup. A Championship team then plays a game in the FA Cup. Should VAR be turned off in that FA Cup match because its not used in the Championship?

One thing I don`t agree with (apart from VAR as a concept but that`s a different argument) is that it could be used in one game but not in a replay. Take our game at Blades in the cup (and I am aware that there were no replays in that game - it had to be played to a finish but the point still stands) where we had Mawson sent off and conceded a pen given by VAR but if the same thing had happened at AG we might not have been.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

One thing I don`t agree with (apart from VAR as a concept but that`s a different argument) is that it could be used in one game but not in a replay. Take our game at Blades in the cup (and I am aware that there were no replays in that game - it had to be played to a finish but the point still stands) where we had Mawson sent off and conceded a pen given by VAR but if the same thing had happened at AG we might not have been.

Sure. That is two games in the same competition, where the outcome could affect other teams in it.

But @Robbored is talking about a discrete, 4 team knockout competition, in which VAR is being proposed to be used in all matches. So of course it is fair, in that instance, to use it.

The Championship and the Championship playoffs are completely separate competitions. Placing 3rd to 6th in the first qualifies you for the second. There is no issue whatsoever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Sure. That is two games in the same competition, where the outcome could affect other teams in it.

But @Robbored is talking about a discrete, 4 team knockout competition, in which VAR is being proposed to be used in all matches. So of course it is fair, in that instance, to use it.

The Championship and the Championship playoffs are completely separate competitions. Placing 3rd to 6th in the first qualifies you for the second. There is no issue whatsoever.

I suppose my worry is that it`s VAR coming to the Championship by the back door. Drip feed it in and before long we`ll all have to have it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Assume VAR is used in every FA Cup match. A Championship team then plays a game in the FA Cup. Should VAR be turned off in that FA Cup match because it's not used in the Championship?

It’s not. Any club outside of the PL do not have equipment required. 

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I suppose my worry is that it`s VAR coming to the Championship by the back door. Drip feed it in and before long we`ll all have to have it.

To install all the necessary equipment would not be feasible in every Championship stadiums. It has to be all or not at all.

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

How many penalties would we have been awarded if it had been in the Championship this season?

• Like 2