IGNORED

Podcasts

ExiledAjax

For the Championship or EFL generally rather than City specific. 

Seems like the Totally Football League Show isn't being produced this season. I can't stand the official EFL Podcast or Sky's Sunderland/Derby/Sheffield Utd love in. NTT20 is good analysis but I find it so laden with gambling advertising it's painful (let's please not lose this thread to a discussion on this topic). 

What are people listening to? 

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

For the Championship or EFL generally rather than City specific. 

Seems like the Totally Football League Show isn't being produced this season. I can't stand the official EFL Podcast or Sky's Sunderland/Derby/Sheffield Utd love in. NTT20 is good analysis but I find it so laden with gambling advertising it's painful (let's please not lose this thread to a discussion on this topic). 

What are people listening to? 

For my sins, The Second Tier Pod - only so I can tweet Ryan Dilks to call him out on his woeful City takes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The bloke is a bell-end.  He makes Ian Gay seem positive about City.

Ha fair enough.

Just listening to NTT20. Tbf to them they've dialed down the ads.

Also, just learned from them that Weimann has never scored a penalty in his career. The summed us up broadly as I would from Saturday "fine".

Probably go with this for the season.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The bloke is a bell-end.  He makes Ian Gay seem positive about City.

Im surprised that anyone can more negative than Ian Gay……jeez…….he’s so dull and pessimistic. If City win 5-0 he’d say that it should have been 6 or 7 and that the opposition had more possession…………………:facepalm:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Im surprised that anyone can more negative than Ian Gay……jeez…….he’s so dull and pessimistic. If City win 5-0 he’d say that it should have been 6 or 7 and that the opposition had more possession…………………:facepalm:

Which podcasts that generally cover the Championship or EFL do you listen to? Any recommendations?

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Oi, stop carrying your feuds across forums please.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s not a feud EH - I simply find his posts extremely depressing, I don’t recall ever seeing the guy smile.

It'a a podcast ? ..........  generally there don't seem   to be too many facial expression's to be witnessed?

Edited by maxjak
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Never tried it tbh. Why "for my sins"?

I think they're good as an overall for what is going on, but they cannot be across every single Championship side intimately but make out that they are. There are two presenters and I'm sure on certain clubs they take polar opposite opinions just to drive clickbait on social media (it works). We are definitely one of those.

I will listen to the City specific pods for a proper opinion on us, but I do think the Second Tier is a decent listen if you want topline updates on the rest of the league

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, devoncider said:

I think they're good as an overall for what is going on, but they cannot be across every single Championship side intimately but make out that they are. There are two presenters and I'm sure on certain clubs they take polar opposite opinions just to drive clickbait on social media (it works). We are definitely one of those.

I will listen to the City specific pods for a proper opinion on us, but I do think the Second Tier is a decent listen if you want topline updates on the rest of the league

Cheers. I'll try it.

It's a shame that Totally Football League Show finished. I thought they made a very good effort to cover all 72 clubs in 45/50 minutes. It's impossible really, but they were decent, and production values were top notch.

Whenever they did mention us I thought they were suitably informed, but as you say, we've now got a couple of good City specific shows, plus Geoff and Sound of the City that summarise our own week well.

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Cheers. I'll try it.

It's a shame that Totally Football League Show finished. I thought they made a very good effort to cover all 72 clubs in 45/50 minutes. It's impossible really, but they were decent, and production values were top notch.

Whenever they did mention us I thought they were suitably informed, but as you say, we've now got a couple of good City specific shows, plus Geoff and Sound of the City that summarise our own week well.

Do be warned about advertising though! Par for the course these days

• Like 1

On 02/08/2022 at 20:58, otib118 said:

NTT20 is by far the best for me, very clued up on championship and throughout the EFL, they put a lot of work in and to be fair to them it shows

Yep, excellent research and background knowledge from the pair. To the extent that Sky obviously invite them in to do their Top 21s production on an annual basis.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Yep, excellent research and background knowledge from the pair. To the extent that Sky obviously invite them in to do their Top 21s production on an annual basis.

Yep, they made it onto Quest too before Sky…shows their quality.  It’s great how podcasters and tweeters have made the jump from the outside world into the insular world of pro-football.  I see quite a few “fanalysts” on twitter getting gigs at pro clubs too.  Some football clubs welcome ideas from the outside world.

55 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not listened to this yet but a flag that Mark Watson has done an episode of Quickly Kevin, Will he Score? Should be a decent listen if you're into 90s Bristol City chat.

Was a decent listen, lots of off topic/non city stuff like usual but good to hear us discussed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not listened to this yet but a flag that Mark Watson has done an episode of Quickly Kevin, Will he Score? Should be a decent listen if you're into 90s Bristol City chat.

having pretty much been waiting for a Bristol City in the 90s episode since the pod launched 6 years ago (and I guessed the guest would be either Watson or Tony Robinson) I am now a bit of a loss!

• Like 1

On 02/08/2022 at 20:02, ExiledAjax said:

Ha fair enough.

Just listening to NTT20. Tbf to them they've dialed down the ads.

Also, just learned from them that Weimann has never scored a penalty in his career. The summed us up broadly as I would from Saturday "fine".

Probably go with this for the season.

Thanks....... I had not heard of NTT20 (To be honest, not the catchiest title?)  I hadn't realised what the Acronym referred to, but i will now give it a listen.

On 02/08/2022 at 20:58, Robbored said:

It’s not a feud EH - I simply find his posts extremely depressing, I don’t recall ever seeing the guy smile.

Easy solution?.......... STOP listening!! (And reading)        ?    PS Only just noticed that your comment was a year ago!  Ha!  

Edited by maxjak

10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Thanks....... I had not heard of NTT20 (To be honest, not the catchiest title?)  I hadn't realised what the Acronym referred to, but i will now give it a listen.

Yeh they do great stuff. Honestly it's almost too in depth sometimes. They've also toned down the gambling ads recently so that helps me with the ease of listening.

It's comfortably the best source for general coverage of football outside of the Premier League.

• Like 2