IGNORED

Podcasts

ExiledAjax

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, they made it onto Quest too before Sky…shows their quality.  It’s great how podcasters and tweeters have made the jump from the outside world into the insular world of pro-football.  I see quite a few “fanalysts” on twitter getting gigs at pro clubs too.  Some football clubs welcome ideas from the outside world.

Subtle Dave, very subtle.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I came across a podcast called up the podcast, however only one good episode, mark Dennis, the first player in the football league to be coined Psycho, its worth a listen to hear about the fight at soton between joe Jordan and another heavyweight George Lawrence at soton

Dennis was a really good left-back, but was a complete nutter.  He’d have won England caps had he not been such a hot-head.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, !james said:

Was a decent listen, lots of off topic/non city stuff like usual but good to hear us discussed!

It's a period where I only tangentially followed the club (by virtue of being a child without footballing parents). As I understand it they hit the highlights of the 90's didn't they. Wolfie v the 3 pigs, Tinnion at Anfield, Andy Cole, Bennie, Pulis, the City/Gas promotion in 1989/90.

Thought he did a good bit about the derby. Essentially saying it's hard to take it seriously given how long it's been since we were competitive rivals, but also noting that if we play each other anytime soon it will be absolute carnage.

Some great chat around what it's like to support a less glamorous club in a world of Premier League glamour.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maxjak said:

Easy solution?.......... STOP listening!! (And reading)        ?    PS Only just noticed that your comment was a year ago!  Ha!  

I don’t listen essentially because of the negative content the vast majority of which comes from Ian Gay. The guys a depressive influence, not just to me but anyone who listens to him bleating on and on.

Only one episode but this one is really good from one of our own. Watson is fully City and does a really good job of describing the relatively bleak overall situation of Bristol football over the 80's and 90's, as well as the feeling of a Bristol derby. Really liked it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/s12-ep10-mark-watson-and-bristol-city/id1209129231?i=1000621337644

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/08/2022 at 20:08, Robbored said:

Im surprised that anyone can more negative than Ian Gay……jeez…….he’s so dull and pessimistic. If City win 5-0 he’d say that it should have been 6 or 7 and that the opposition had more possession…………………:facepalm:

Edited by headhunter
replied to wrong post

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

I don’t listen essentially because of the negative content the vast majority of which comes from Ian Gay. The guys a depressive influence, not just to me but anyone who listens to him bleating on and on.

***k me, this season's just around the corner and it seems Ian has been living rent free in your head all through this summer as well as last! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, headhunter said:

***k me, this season's just around the corner and it seems Ian has been living rent free in your head all through this summer as well as last! 

I’d forgotten all about the pessimistic Ian Gay until Maxjak recycled this thread Headhunter…….………:cool2:

11 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Only one episode but this one is really good from one of our own. Watson is fully City and does a really good job of describing the relatively bleak overall situation of Bristol football over the 80's and 90's, as well as the feeling of a Bristol derby. Really liked it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/s12-ep10-mark-watson-and-bristol-city/id1209129231?i=1000621337644

Just don't click on the previous episode by mistake ?

Screenshot_20230718-195414-876.png

• Haha 1