IGNORED

Cider Cider Cider Cider

Mr Gow

Guest Fred Fjord

Some years back, used to load up with stuff bought in Brizzle, called Dixie's Crippled Cock.....bit of a one man outfit (Dixie) in a shed near the docks.

Ring any bells?

Some years back, used to load up with stuff bought in Brizzle, called Dixie's Crippled Cock.....bit of a one man outfit (Dixie) in a shed near the docks.

Ring any bells?

Jeez, Dixie was only in his mid 30's but looked more like a 50 year old - he also had a lorry with a thatched roof if I remember right. laugh.gif I had to add orange squash to Dixie's cider to make it palatable - is he still alive? Last time I saw Dixie was year of our Lord 1984. farmer.gif

Try Thatchers, Weston's Organic, or Stowford Press.  Much better pint that those two.  No gut rot and no hangover.  Get a huge bulbous red nose though!  biggrin.gif

Rumour has it that Fred West himself (once from Much Marcle, Herefordshire) delighted in a tipple of Much Marcle's most famous product - Stowford Press. The kids wouldn't be getting under yer feet now would they? rofl2br.gif

I drink the odd pint of cider when I am in the mood. Its made of apples so must be good for you rolleyes.gif

I think that like most drinks it depends on what is the first pint you try. I remember the first pint of bitter I tried I hated it, now I like real ales.

For me if I am having one or two it is normally a real ale

Larger if I go on a session

Maybe a cider on a summer lunch time.

Guest Fred Fjord
Jeez, Dixie was only in his mid 30's but looked more like a 50 year old - he also had a lorry with a thatched roof if I remember right.  laugh.gif  I had to add orange squash to Dixie's cider to make it palatable - is he still alive? Last time I saw Dixie was year of our Lord 1984. farmer.gif

That'd be about the time.....I guess Dixie, looked 20 years over his age, as a result of drinking his own cider.

I graduated onto Weston's of Much Marcle.....this being pre its most famous son and developed a taste for their perry.

Archived