IGNORED

Cider Cider Cider Cider

Mr Gow

Love a bit of Thatchers or Blackthorn. Recently been hitting the Old Rosie as its sold in Weatherspoons pubs in the midlands now in cask. woo hoo!!

I don't understand how people can drink Fosters or crap 'beer' like that though.

Old Rascal is the about the loveliest pint of cider you'll find.The problem is getting hold of it.I know of only one place sells it on draught and one other that sells through' bottles.

The other problem is that its headbangingly strong at 6.0%.

Three pints and you know you've had 'em!

I'm sure my problem with Cider is a common one... Major overdose stories from when I was teenager... They sell Natch in 3L bottles after all!

I like a decent pint of scrumpy but that fizzy crap just makes me sick nowadays...

White Lightning anyone!! WTF!!!

I drink Guiness and have the waistline to prove it!

I like a good ol can of natch now and again but stella is the main one for me.(as you can see by the gut that is forming on my sig)

I used to get this cider called Kingston Black and i think it was about 10%abv and after 2 pints of that your body didnt seem to be yours anymore.They used to sell it by the gallon in the shops opposite the happy landings pub.Off your rocker

Although its Guiness, smooth beer or real ales in the winter months, during the majority of the year it has to be Cider....

High Street bars....Blackthorn not that nasty Strongbow

Proper Pubs....ooooh, Thatchers (various), Westons, Natch etc

Out in the sticks.......moonshine anyone?

Shall hope to be inhabiting the Bag o'nails, Mardyke and Nova on Saturday for a top up

party-smiley-003.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Can't stand the stuff. Even the smell of it turns my stomach.

Same here fella

Mainly because the smell reminds me of being paraletic on the stuff in Newquay once ph34r.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Used to drink snakebite when I was a lad ... half lager half cider for those that don't know. Tastes like a soft drink, kicks like a Mississippi mule.Four pints and you're incapable, five and you're incontinent, six and you're inanimate.

A drink favoured by students I belive.

My mrs downed a Cider and a Lager to get us to leave a pub a few months ago. Obviously might as well of had 4 snakebites so when we got home she couldn't stand up rofl2br.gif

Used to drink snakebite when I was a lad ... half lager half cider for those that don't know. Tastes like a soft drink, kicks like a Mississippi mule.Four pints and you're incapable, five and you're incontinent, six and you're inanimate.

six and you're inanimate???

******* hell mate, I don't think I ever finished my second pint of snakebite.

That'd be about the time.....I guess Dixie,  looked  20 years over his age, as a result of drinking his own cider.

I graduated onto Weston's of Much Marcle.....this being pre its most famous son and developed a taste for their perry.

Weston's cider of Much Marcle Herefordshire have got a real winner with their Stowford Press brand - probably the very best cider, for the money, you can buy on draught. Not many pubs sell Stowford Press on draught at the moment but it'll catch on - a far better product than Blackthorn made by Matthew Clark or Strongbow made by Bulmers. farmer.gif

I'm sure most of you have been to the Corry tap in Clifton, excellent Cider pub and the expedition will utterly cane you, its only sold in half pints as 4 pints (8glasses) and your fooooked!

I can't drink the stuff now, the smell makes me wretch.

Guest MaloneFM

Obviously the Pimms.

Occasionally a Chateu Lafete 1953 from the southern vineyard obviously. A nice bottle of Bollinger. Or when realxing.

A bottle of Brasso filtered through a loaf of bread.

Mmmm....I can't see blink.gif

Having re-read this topic I've decided we must be the sorriest bunch of west country folk on the planet...

We ain't very proper Bristle are we if we're talking about Fosters & Carlsberg?! Or me with me Guiness!

Our bloody anthem is 'Drink up ye Cider' but to drink the stuff makes most of us retch...

I bet Adge Cutler is turning in his grave (is he dead?)

Having re-read this topic I've decided we must be the sorriest bunch of west country folk on the planet...

We ain't very proper Bristle are we if we're talking about Fosters & Carlsberg?!  Or me with me Guiness!

Our bloody anthem is 'Drink up ye Cider' but to drink the stuff makes most of us retch...

I bet Adge Cutler is turning in his grave (is he dead?)

You are correct of course. Maybe those of us who hate the stuff could take a pledge to drink cider and only cider on match days? Who's with me ?

What rubbish

Bristol is a wealthy modern City, thank god the link to Cider drinking is diminishing

Careful not to choke on your cappucino Clifton boy, and yes, thank god a part of local tradition is diminishing so that we can all drink foreign lager and end up with a Yates as a local. dunno.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Careful not to choke on your cappucino Clifton boy, and yes, thank god a part of local tradition is diminishing so that we can all drink foreign lager and end up with a Yates as a local.  dunno.gif

Clifton - Yeah nice one Muhamed

Cider has a shocking image, and one that doesn't sit with a regional capital such as Bristol.

Not that it affects you though, I didn't think you could drink, or are you only a muslim when it suits?

Obviously the Pimms.

Occasionally a Chateu Lafete 1953 from the southern vineyard obviously. A nice bottle of Bollinger. Or when realxing.

A bottle of Brasso filtered through a loaf of bread.

Mmmm....I can't see  blink.gif

Chateu Lafete ???

What do you do with the bread after the filtration process? I expect there are some sick ducks in your pond.

Clifton - Yeah nice one Muhamed

You really are a racist little douchebag ya know. I don't think you even realise it.

What do you say to Asian people when you don't know their name? "Yeah, nice one Mr Singh"

Cider has a shocking image, and one that doesn't sit with a regional capital such as Bristol.

Not that it affects you though, I didn't think you could drink, or are you only a muslim when it suits?

A regional capital hey?! Wooo.. biggrin.gif Yep, definately from Clifton.

Sorry if the west country image shocks or embarrasses you clifton. You should be proud of where you come from.

Why does cider have a shocking image anyway? I was thinking of more rosy faced farmer with a bit 'o scrump under a tree but you don't see many of those on Park Street I guess.

And how can cider have a worse image than lager? I've never heard of a cider lout and I'm sure that most of the trouble either at games or in town on a saturday has nowt to do with cider.

And what does me being muslim have to do with the subject? I never said I was a practising muslim and even if I was I think I'm still allowed to see the irony of 10'000 people singing 'drink up ye cider' when most of 'em won't touch a drop?

Archived