IGNORED

Cider Cider Cider Cider

Mr Gow

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Took your time, I thought you'd exploded or something.

As for lager louts, the term comes from the south east, where, you've guessed it, louts drink lager.

"Sorry if the west country image shocks or embaresses"

No that's ok, I'm sorry you fail to embrace the concept that Bristol has moved on from somewhere associated with Cider drinking and the country, to a business centre 50 year old Cider drinkers are a object of mirth amongst the younger folk such as myself.

50 year old Cider drinkers are a object of mirth amongst the younger folk such as myself.

Stick to Yates then clifton. Perfect for you because once you're inside you could be in any city in the country.

Much better than having a regional identity (even a bit of a daft one!) that is.

Please move to Reading. You'll absolutely love it.

I'm proud to be Bristolian and proud to be West Country. Maybe at the posh bits of the 'regional capital' people feel differently?

Hates the bloody stuff?

Do you need to be into flares to like Glam Rock?

No!

Do you need to have long hair to be into heavy rock?

No!

Do you need to drive a Porshe to be into cars?

No!

Do you need to be a t what to be into Bristol Rovers?

Yes!

Do you need to worship Cider to be into Bristol City?

Yes!

You probably had a bad trip on Autumn Gold when you were a lad. Try Thatcher's on a hot Summer's day with a slice of lemon - ahhhhhhh nothing like it me babbee!

Wurze.

It's got to be the old "Taunton Traditional Cider" (TTC) for me!

Thatchers comes a close 2nd place afterwards, but still doesn't compare to the above if it comes down to one or the other...

The only place I know that serves TTC is The Ship & Castle!

Anyone know anywhere else? That stuff is so damn refreshing!!!

If not on Cider, I prefer a pint of Guinness - (but Extra Cold)...

...Or if I don't want my gut to be feeling 4 stones heavier, then I'll more than likely go for a local cask ale! party-smiley-012.gif

I like cider, if i'm out and drinking i'll have strongbow if i can or blackthorn in it's abscence, prefer proper cider though, much nicer than other cider and miles ahead of any lager. Proper ale is nice as well.

Lager is ******* mingin, tastes like gnats (Am I naughty or what!) the lot of it, stella being by far and away the worst.

As for cider having a bad name, yea ok then. Obviously the amount of trouble seen in Bristol City centre is all down to the mass intake of cider dunno.gif

But why would I go in Yates?  It's a messy whole.  You might aspire to places like that, but then it justs showes how low you are eh!

It's called sarcasm. Lowest form of wit so you even you should get it really. Once again WR... READ THE POSTS before replying gobsh!te.

rofl2br.gif  So proud you moved abroad

Behave Muhamed, you contradict yourself an awful lot.

Moved abroad because I had too and haven't lost my accent in 10 years or described Bristol as a 'regional capital'' or a 'business centre'. Part of the description but to be ashamed of the other aspects of West Country life as you seem to be is classic clifton complex... Which was my original point... Clifton boy!

Bristol is Massive Attack but it's also Adge Cutler mate.

And as for 'Behave Muhamed'. You've spelt Mohammed wrong and that's a racist comment coming from someone who doesn't know me. My mates can take the p!ss but you don't know me pal. Do you call all black people 'Desmond' too?

Guest WillsbridgeRed
It's called sarcasm.  Lowest form of wit so you even you should get it really.  Once again WR...  READ THE POSTS before replying gobsh!te.

The word "sarcasm" was not contained withing your wording, so what's wrong with assuming its your normal unintelligent rambling?

and haven't lost my accent in 10 years or described Bristol as a 'regional capital'' or a 'business centre'.

You must be so proud. Obviously Bristol has moved on in 10 years, around the time people like you moved across the world to take up table service jobs.

Part of the description but to be ashamed of the other aspects of West Country life as you seem to be is classic clifton complex... Which was my original point... Clifton boy!

Ashamed to live in a rich thriving City, no. Ashamed that Bristolians can't seem to escape the countryside type mindset and stereotype, Yes.

Bristol is Massive Attack but it's also Adge Cutler mate.

What relevance do songs about cowsheds and combine harvesters have to modern day Bristol? The same songs sung by Yeovil and Plymouth. Hardly exclusive.

And as for 'Behave Muhamed'.  You've spelt Mohammed wrong and that's a racist comment coming from someone who doesn't know me.  My mates can take the p!ss but you don't know me pal.

I'd LOVE to meet you though muhamed, maybe we could sit down and have a chat over a nice English breakfast or something.

Do you call all black people 'Desmond' too?

THey have names? unsure.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Wills, only you could end up practically coming to blows with a complete stranger over a discussion about cider...

I know, terrible isn't it biggrin.gif

I never happens on the sub forum though ohmy.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Heaven forbid, Now stop being a ###### and go to bed. Plenty of rest needed before Saturday ...

Righto daddyo,

I've wound up my fav poster so job done innocent.gif

One to avoid...Diesel served at the infamous cider bar in Newton Abbot (featured in the Sun as they will only sell half pints to women).

Is fluorescent green - which should be warning enough - and would be better named as rocket fuel. I recall 'moon walking' through several hedges the night I had the misfortune to consume this ghastly fluid and ended up tree hugging in the front garden.

A Stella for me please.

Heading up the M5 with the Green Army which should be fun - looking forward to seeing the red tide build from Taunton onwards though.

The word "sarcasm" was not contained withing your wording, so what's wrong with assuming its your normal unintelligent rambling?

*sigh* You really are a child.

You must be so proud.  Obviously Bristol has moved on in 10 years, around the time people like you moved across the world to take up table service jobs.

I'm back twice a year clifton so I'm aware Bristol isn't what it used to be. In some ways much better and in plenty much worse as well. Lot's more Bradley Stoke stylee types such as yourself who think the local pub chain or harvester is a 'local'.

Something wrong with table service jobs? Not stuck up at all are we Clifton boy?

I don't know you but in a strange way I can imagine you saying your sentance above to explain to your trendy mates from Reading if they have a little giggle cos your from the country. - "Obviously Bristol has moved on in 10 years" In my head you've got a kind of arrogant posh voice with a clifton accent.

Ashamed to live in a rich thriving City, no.  Ashamed that Bristolians can't seem to escape the countryside type mindset and stereotype, Yes.

What's wrong with the 'countryside type mindset'? If your living in the 'regional capital' as you put it then's it a region of what? It's countryside mate!

Should we all be 'go getter' clifton boys like you? Easier for sure if you're fortunate enough to have a good education like you had at private school but not necessarily better.

I run a company of 15 people and most of the time I wish I was on a farm somewhere (crops though cos cow sh!te definately ain't a tradition I'm too happy with! Maybe some goats?)

My point is that not Bristol is a West Country city and we should be pround of our rural roots cos we won't have them for ever. You're living proof of that (although I suppose theirs always been people who wished they were born somewhere trendier?)

What relevance do songs about cowsheds and combine harvesters have to modern day Bristol?  The same songs sung by Yeovil and Plymouth.  Hardly exclusive.

I wish there was a smiliee on here that denotes a *sigh*. The reason the song is important is because it's tradition mate. That's part of why I love football. For you apparently not.

Why don't you go a support Chealsea or whatever team are 'in' next? There 'rich & thriving' just like the city YOU live in (clifton)

The same song is sung by Yeovil & Plymouth because they are West Country teams. As are we. Which we should be very proud of. Got it yet?

Besides you wanna sing songs about the gas when we're in the Premier league. I say we (I mean you cos I never get the chance to go down the gate) only sing 'Drink up ye Cider' ever. They won't know what's hit em'

Come to think of it the last few tims I have been down I never hear 'West Country, la la la anymore either. I suppose 'business centre of the south western region' isn't as catchy?

I'd LOVE to meet you though muhamed, maybe we could sit down and have a chat over a nice English breakfast or something.

I love a full English Breakfast me. My muslim wife does too. Can she come or you scared she might blow herself up or they'll be a stoning in the street. That's what you said in a previous post about all Arabs & Muslims right?

I think in the States they would call you 'white bread'. Is that racist?

THey have names?

They've got names for people like you.

One to avoid...Diesel served at the infamous cider bar in Newton Abbot (featured in the Sun as they will only sell half pints to women).

Is fluorescent green - which should be warning enough - and would be better named as rocket fuel. I recall 'moon walking' through several hedges the night I had the misfortune to consume this ghastly fluid and ended up tree hugging in the front garden.

A Stella for me please.

Heading up the M5 with the Green Army which should be fun - looking forward to seeing the red tide build from Taunton onwards though.

Back on the subject of cider... In South Africa they make a cider from pears.

Disgusting.

Why does cider have a shocking image anyway?  I was thinking of more rosy faced farmer with a bit 'o scrump under a tree but you don't see many of those on Park Street I guess.

And how can cider have a worse image than lager?  I've never heard of a cider lout and I'm sure that most of the trouble either at games or in town on a saturday has nowt to do with cider.

I'm still allowed to see the irony of 10'000 people singing 'drink up ye cider' when most of 'em won't touch a drop?

So First point, you think of rosy farmers as regards to Cider, well thats a clear weird fantasy type dreamworld your thinking of, Cider these days are more linked with 16 year olds wanting to get wastd, not farmers, That is the fantasy reality of 30 years ago mate, you have been away.

And Cider i feel certainly do have a worse image then lager, see first point, cider is a very very popular drink with alcoholics and young violent kids.

So because people sing a song associated with Bristol City they have to Love the stuff do they? Its nowt about the atmosphere to sing that song?

So First point, you think of rosy farmers as regards to Cider, well thats a clear weird fantasy type dreamworld your thinking of, Cider these days are more linked with 16 year olds wanting to get wastd, not farmers, That is the fantasy reality of 30 years ago mate, you have been away.

And Cider i feel certainly do have a worse image then lager, see first point, cider is a very very popular drink with alcoholics and young violent kids.

So because people sing a song associated with Bristol City they have to Love the stuff do they? Its nowt about the atmosphere to sing that song?

I know what your saying. I'm sure cider was the first booze I bought when I was a kid (after knicking the gin etc. from the drinks cabinet) Come to think of it if you ever go to a free party then most of the real mangers will have gert bottle of natch in their hand too.

My image of a rosy faced farmer was tinged with sarcasm anyway mate in response to clifton's post. There are still plenty of people who drink cider who are neither a little chavs or alcoholics though.

What about up north? Is a bottle of Natch the choice of 16 year olds up there as well? *Not a rhetorical question. I have no idea.*

Keeping in mind that they don't know what goes on day to day in England but if you asked someone from say, the spanish islands they would have a very differnent opinion on the 'image' of lager and lager drinkers. I reckon the ER staff in town might on a Saturday night as well.

I never said you have to love the stuff to sing the song or love the club anyway? That would be ridiculous no? doh.gif

I thought it was 'ironic' considering the 'topic' was about whether you like 'cider' or not and that considering it's our 'anthem' the majority on here are using words like 'retch, puke and gutrot' (All valid cider related words by the way!)

Guest zider_head

OK cider is my drink closely followed by Jack Daniels

So i would say strongbow is horrid

Blackthorn is ok

Stowford Press is bloddy lovely

Black Rat is Lovely Jubbley But knocks ones head off

Exhibition (Sold in halfs only at the corri tap) i challange anybody on here to drink 6 halfs and walk out sober, no chance in hell the stuff is legendary i have too big drinkers from work (people who have come to visit) and distant relatives there for a slice of the west country and seen them crawl out on ands and knees Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it..

I may add I'm a slice of lemon adder to as i find it makes the pints so so much better.

What about up north?  Is a bottle of Natch the choice of 16 year olds up there as well? *Not a rhetorical question.  I have no idea.*

I never said you have to love the stuff to sing the song or love the club anyway?  That would be ridiculous no?  doh.gif 

I thought it was 'ironic' considering the 'topic' was about whether you like 'cider' or not and that considering it's our 'anthem' the majority on here are using words like 'retch, puke and gutrot'  (All valid cider related words by the way!)

Well Possibly not Natch or any uncommen cider, but I'm sure White Lightning or That Frost stuff is also a very commen cider drink up north for kids to.

Well its all about personal taste is it not? and It looks to me as if people in Bristol are not actually liking Cider, as it is rank.

So as you kept banging on about tradition, clearly the song is just about tradition now to.

Well Possibly not Natch or any uncommen cider, but I'm sure White Lightning or That Frost stuff is also a very commen cider drink up north for kids to.

Well its all about personal taste is it not? and It looks to me as if people in Bristol are not actually liking Cider, as it is rank.

So as you kept banging on about tradition, clearly the song is just about tradition now to.

You can't really count White Lightning as cider mate.

We used to drink Special Brew lager when we were kids as well. Now special Brew is rank! Or that XXXX lager.. geeezus, it's like syrup!

So Tradition then? dunno.gif

You can't really count White Lightning as cider mate.

We used to drink Special Brew lager when we were kids as well.  Now special Brew is rank! Or that XXXX lager.. geeezus, it's like syrup!

So Tradition then?  dunno.gif

don't see why not??? White Lightning is Cider = Fact, so il count it. Its ALOT more commen cider then Natch or what have you.

Besides to me, they both make my stomach turn, last time i drank cider i wanted to hurl.

XXXX lager? you mean Castlemaine? whats wrong with that?

And yea, il class Special Brew as lager as well. Though White Lightning is far more commen cider for people to drink then what Special Brew is to lager drinkers.

But do you agree with me that Special Brew is rank?!

Not bloody castlemaine as well! The X's were for extra, extra, extra, extra strong lager! Maybe it was 3 X's? It looked liked they'd spent about 2 quid designing the cover?

Rank!

Re White Lighting then it's like calling an alcopop a cocktail.

its not just white lightning, Id say Blackthorn is even worse.

Blackthorn is most probably the WORST alcoholic drink ive ever tasted, it just tastes like kinda weird wood substance.

Yes id agree that special brew is rank and another drink for alcoholics.

Id also say that Stella is a mank drink, you pay for the privilage to get violent basically.

But nowt wrong with Carlsberg, Carling, or Fosters, infact I'm drinkin a carling as we speak, wouldnt wanna trade it for owt else.

its not just white lightning, Id say Blackthorn is even worse.

Blackthorn is most probably the WORST alcoholic drink ive ever tasted, it just tastes like kinda weird wood substance.

Yes id agree that special brew is rank and another drink for alcoholics.

Id also say that Stella is a mank drink, you pay for the privilage to get violent basically.

But nowt wrong with Carlsberg, Carling, or Fosters, infact I'm drinkin a carling as we speak, wouldnt wanna trade it for owt else.

Nothing is worse than White Lightning. It's like paint thinners but fizzy.

Drink Guiness but buy some new jeans (bigger waistline)

Stick to Yates then clifton.  Perfect for you because once you're inside you could be in any city in the country.

Much better than having a regional identity (even a bit of a daft one!) that is.

Please move to Reading.  You'll absolutely love it.

I'm proud to be Bristolian and proud to be West Country.  Maybe at the posh bits of the 'regional capital' people feel differently?

Superb reply BenSolo, I couldnt agree with your reply more.....

Drink up thee Cider !!

Archived