IGNORED

Emad Meteb To Everton (merged)

Big Nose

Accordinfg to Sky Sports,

Ex CITY target Emad Meteb is claiming he's going to Everton in the January transfer window.

It'll be interesting to see if

a) he does go and

b) how he fairs with the pace of the Prem.

My gut reactions:

Failure.

Snoz.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_4484841,00.html

my "gut" feeling is he will be a big hit like Zaki. just our luck

Ex CITY target Emad Meteb is claiming he's going to Everton in the January transfer window.

a) he does go and

My gut reactions:

Failure.

Snoz.

The scary thing about this post is my brother is an everton supporter and I call him snoz and big nose XD

that aside I feel sorry for everton if they get him because I think he'll just be disruptive and if he does start scoring goals it'll be hell for them to have a goalscorer who will be disruptive if things don't go his own way.

my "gut" feeling is he will be a big hit like Zaki. just our luck

ps gypo is considered a racist term on this forum - don't ask me why!

I don't really care now to be honest - if he goes to Everton he won't be able to act the star though, so he might keep his head down, and wait his chance - they would surely pay a lot more in wages than we would so if he'd come here and actually managed to score goals, we'd have a restless player on our hands now and wouldn't necessarily have made a big profit.

ps Gypo has no meaning in Egypt because there are no drives to tarmac in the desert - is that racist?.

Gary's too apparently!

What have you made of Maynard? Do you think he has all of the tools required to make it at Championship level?

To be blunt, from what I have seen I am a little disapointed, but I would like to see him in a team that plays to his strengths which I don't think we have done, he needs to play facing the goal hanging on the last defender. We have seen glimpses but so far not enough.

To be blunt, from what I have seen I am a little disapointed, but I would like to see him in a team that plays to his strengths which I don't think we have done, he needs to play facing the goal hanging on the last defender. We have seen glimpses but so far not enough.

Fair comment.

As Bristol City fans we all hope he comes good but I'm not convinced. Good luck to the lad.

Of course he will, the bloke is quality! If Zaki is anything to go by then we really missed a gem. Nevermind eh we have Maynard :noexpression:

Just our luck?

Maynard will come good and will improve. the fee was an investment for the long term.

I think he's struggled because of how we've played - but even if that was'nt the case and he is struggling to adapt to the championship, then he's got age on his side.

I'm sure he'll play in the prem one day. remember he's only 21!

Why? What have you seen that make's you think that? The lad has obviously struggled with the step up from L1 to the CCC so seems strange you would say that!

From the times i've seen him play at crewe, he has great potential - but that is potential and he obviously needs to work on his game.

But the lad has only played at this level for 3 months!! give him a chance! If he's still struggling in a couple of years time then ok, doubt him - god, football fans are so short sighted!!!

Nicky Maynard was given a 4 year contract - I expect him to be banging in the goals by the end of those 4 years.

i still think we should of got him...

fair play to GJ for standing by what he thought would be best but sometimes i think he's too proud and should do whats going to be best for the team. seems like we cut our nose off to spite our face.

maybe he would of been a flop etc but i still would have him in the drop of a hat

From the times i've seen him play at crewe, he has great potential - but that is potential and he obviously needs to work on his game.

But the lad has only played at this level for 3 months!! give him a chance! If he's still struggling in a couple of years time then ok, doubt him - god, football fans are so short sighted!!!

Nicky Maynard was given a 4 year contract - I expect him to be banging in the goals by the end of those 4 years.

You didn't answer the question. Try again Riaz.

What has Maynard done to make you think he's Premier League bound? I'm not saying he isn't just don't understand how you came to that conclusion. Scoring goals in league 1 is hardly reason to assume he's prem quality.

I just feel it's one of those comments people put out there with out really giving it any thought.

What has Maynard done to make you think he's Premier League bound? I'm not saying he isn't just don't understand how you came to that conclusion. Scoring goals in league 1 is hardly reason to assume he's prem quality.

I just feel it's one of those comments people put out there with out really giving it any thought.

But he's seen alot of Crewe's matches apparently so he must know a bit about the lad.

Aint that obvious? Goalscorer's instinct. Along with pace. sorry for thinking it was obvious. You dismiss league 1, which is a physical league and he was prolific as a teenager.

As for not being prolific this season, it sometimes takes time to adapt to the pace of the championship, especially in a new team, with new team-mates - playing alongside Dele Adebola would'nt have helped. He has also been getting into the right positions, which is promising and has been denied by some fine goalkeeping too.

Its not like Trundle last season who was 30 years old and past his peak and unlikely to improve.

so where did you get that from? pointless again.

Why are you taking this around in circles?

Either you've seen the lad play for Crewe and therefore have genuine reason to rate him or you haven't and were talking shit.

Cant you just answer without saying its 'pointless'?

Maynard will come good and will improve. the fee was an investment for the long term.

I think he's struggled because of how we've played - but even if that was'nt the case and he is struggling to adapt to the championship, then he's got age on his side.

I'm sure he'll play in the prem one day. remember he's only 21!

He is an investment but also was bought to score goals this season in a team that hsn't had a 20+ goal scorer since Scott Murray in 1945, or whenever it was.

My opinion of Maynard so far is less than fantastic, has all the attributes of being a success apart from strength...........anyone remember Lee Miller?

Iam sure Gary knows what he was doing and the £2.25 million pounds he spent will be doubled when Maynard steps up to the plate and bangs in the goals (fingers crossed).

Why are you taking this around in circles?

Either you've seen the lad play for Crewe and therefore have genuine reason to rate him or you haven't and were talking shit.

Cant you just answer without saying its 'pointless'?

Oh right, so now your asking if I've seen him, play rather than stating I have.

seen him play against city at ashton gate - he never scored, but he stood out to me. I've also seen him play on sky on several occasions - is this okay with you?

Oh right, so now your asking if I've seen him, play rather than stating I have.

seen him play against city at ashton gate - he never scored, but he stood out to me. I've also seen him play on sky on several occasions - is this okay with you?

You stated you had, not me. But yeh thats reasonable.

Before we even get into this will be big at everton crap lets see hmm they have prolific Yakubu and Saha who is starting to hit form yes cheap player but doubt will be cheap wages will take a massive risk on a eygptian who haven't been effective except now Zaki. I don't see it happpening myself but I mean Emad's agent must be bored not corrupted his player in a while!

a) he does go and

My gut reactions:

Failure.

Snoz.

the story comes from meteb's agent, which personally speaking, sums it up as a load of tosh.

he's just trying to drum up interested for the player again, after no one was interested in august.

Archived