IGNORED

From Polonia Warsaw To Bristol City

Oiolosse[KSP]

Hello there!

There is an interesting article in todays polish newspaper "Super Express".

http://www.se.com.pl/se/index.jsp?place=su...list_position=1

It's about our best player, Jacek Kosmalski.

IPB Image

He's searching a new club and... probably he'll be a player of Bristol City :) Jacek is 30 years old and he played in Polonia for 2 last years. I hope, that he'll play on Ashton Gate soon and we'll be second Dziekanowski (also former Polonia player :).

Greetings from Warsaw :city:

' date='Jan 20 2006, 10:41 AM' post='480184']

Hello there!

IPB Image

He's searching a new club and... probably he'll be a player of Bristol City :) Jacek is 30 years old and he played in Polonia for 2 last years. I hope, that he'll play on Ashton Gate soon and we'll be second Dziekanowski (also former Polonia player :).

WHO!

Hello there!

IPB Image

Can you translate for me please, I barely understand English when sober let alone jibber jabber. :dunno:

Hmm thanks for the info. I tried to put the article through a polish=> English translator on the net and here's what I got... it certainly made me laugh!

Probably, < credible > assailant of polonia will take a stand for england behind most forceful bread in (to) warsaw III english league. Jacek to sunday on three-day tests for bristol 29 .l city ( ) Kosmalski wylatuje. It my last chance -, that (in order to) leave for border and earn greatest money it affirms - " " Kosmal, which (who) tests (try) to leave group from year with (from) already Konwiktorskiej. It would combat for maintenance of group in polonia in (to) and league. However, be help team in england in maintenance in (to) III league must, as bristol occupies city 20. Place in table. Money are - most important, as I want to indemnify dignified future family soccer player adds -. But it does not scant money ago club < club >, because it is teach (expound) without eye ready too 100 thousand pound zmrużenia Kosmalskiego. It is arranged - very and that most important, club stable financially richard thinks (consider) - Szuster, which (who) pilots this transfer. Last time < last > there trainer has come -, which (who) builds new group. Jacek has to be main link of team.

Nibor

Hello there!

IPB Image

We do need another striker & if he is as good as good as Dziekanowski that would be fantastic .

Thanks for the message

All the best from Bristol

Hmm..

There is a short interview with him. He told, that this is his last chance to play outside the Poland (he was on a tests in Turkey, Russia and Scotland - Hearts od Midhlotians). They write, that in Polonia he tried to save Polonia in 1st league (like premier league in England), and in Bristol he'll fight to save Cities in 3rd league. And there is a price for him: 100.000 pounds cos, as they write, your club has got the money ;>

' date='Jan 20 2006, 10:53 AM' post='480199']

Hmm..

There is a short interview with him. He told, that this is his last chance to play outside the Poland (he was on a tests in Turkey, Russia and Scotland - Hearts od Midhlotians). They write, that in Polonia he tried to save Polonia in 1st league (like premier league in England), and in Bristol he'll fight to save Cities in 3rd league. And there is a price for him: 100.000 pounds cos, as they write, your club has got the money ;>

Thanks for the info. It sounds very interesting. Good luck with Polonia.

Guest HampshireCider

:englandsmile4wf: all we need now is the east end back so we can going nuts singing weve got a polish international! Oh the good old days :city:

Lets not hype him up as the new "jaki" yet though. don't want to jinx it :pray:

I have just got my Polish housemate to translate the article. Here is a short synopsis:

- It says that a move to Bristol City is his last chance to move abroad.

- Bristol City is a rich club who can pay good wages!. Kosmalski makes out that the move will allow him to provide for his family in the future

- The clubs new manager (Gary Johnson) recently visited Poland to discuss the deal.

- He said that he wants to be centre of the team.

- The deal should cost £100,000, the article makes out if that this is nothing to a club like Bristol City.

- Kosmalski says that 'Bristol City is struggling in 20th place and would be a good challenge'.

My Polish housemate has never heard of him but did say that he hasn't really followed Polish football for a few years.

The article seems to suggest that Kosmalski sees the move as a financial one rather than for football!

Dziekuje Oiolosse za wiadomosc! Jestem kibice Bristol City (taki "Cider Head") i take ze znam kilku polacy w Londynu. Pracowalem Polsce tez. Jestem ciekawy z kim jest jego "Agent". Znam bardzo znany polski Agent, Roman Manuszewski i powiedzalem go rok temu jaki fajny klub City jest.....

Ale bedzie super jeszeli jest prawda!

Pozdrawiam od Bristolu,

1stCityExile

Thanks for the Message Oiolosse. I'm a city fan who also happens to know a few Poles in London including a Polish football agent, who has done a few interesting deals recently. He knows that I'm a City fan and I told him what a great club we are last year... Probably just coincidence, but curious.

Regards,

1stCityExile

Is this the same guy?

It says here he is 99% certain to sign for Steaua Bucharest and they will be paying him 150,000euros a year because he is on a free.

http://www.jurnalul.ro/articol_1158/steaua...__ll_sign_.html

He has clearly been misinformed :laugh:

I wouldn't mind betting that Stewarts on more than the equivalent of 150,000 euros, still what a choice Steaua Bucharest in the champions league or little old Bristol City in league 1...... :Confused13:

Is this the same guy?

Yes, thats him. He was ona tests in Steaua, CSKA Moscow, Hearts... But he always came back to Polonia ;>

Ron: Piotr Wisniewski is a popular name in Poland ;) Like John Smith. So i don't know which one are you talking about.

1stCityExile: :) Your polish is better than my english ;) I don't know who's manager of Jacek.

And here is a sheet about him on our site: http://www.wielkapolonia.pl/zawodnicy/05wkosmalski.htm

IMO he's a really good player and he can be one of your stars.

' date='Jan 20 2006, 12:23 PM' post='480297']

It's an old article. He was on a test in Bucharest a half year ago.

Really? It says todays date at the top of the page.

Did he sign a new contract then? Because he was a free agent when they were interested. Also a little worried about his lack of english. It caused problems for Kelly Youga.

Archived