IGNORED

Question For The Supporters Club

Dollymarie

Wondering if someone can answer this for me (and no its not a dig I'm geuninely curious)

Say I pay my £5 to join the Supporters Club, to allow me access to the red and white and become a member. What do I get for my £5?

As a member of the Supporters Trust working party group, I know where the money is going, but I don't understand where the money goes if I join the SC as well.

I want to know why i now have to pay a fiver to go somewhere i have been going since the red and white bar opened ?

I also noticed that the bar is going to increase capacity by almost double, i seriously hope they improve the toilet facilities as they are woefully inadequate at the moment.

As I mentioned in a previous post regarding season tickets, I'm not at all happy about paying £5.00 for the use of the red and white bar. As a season ticket holder I believe we should not have to pay for the privilege of using this facility.

If I'm going to give money to any sort of club it'll be the supporters trust and not a club I know little about. Looks like a return to the Robins if I fancy a pre match drink.

I want to know why i now have to pay a fiver to go somewhere i have been going since the red and white bar opened ?

I also noticed that the bar is going to increase capacity by almost double, i seriously hope they improve the toilet facilities as they are woefully inadequate at the moment.

They are completely refurbishing the whole R&W bar - as per the story on ground improvements last week on bcfc and in the program against Oldham.

See more here: http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~812483,00.html

I have to admit that I am disappointed by the decision of the club (not the SC) to charge the fans extra for a facility they currently get for free. I believe that purchasing a season ticket merits such reward in itself.

I am also disappointed that there will be a "them and us" feel within the R&W bar with one bar being subsidised and one bar not.

I have to say though, that I don't blame the SC at all - it is my feeling that they would rather not have moved but were put in a fairly awkward position. I don't think anything will change in the main part of the R&W (other than the refurb) but given that I will pay me fiver to the SC, I look forward to receiving my membership benefits which I understand include invites to the end of season awards dinner, raffles and other events etc...........

Is this correct Robbored?

I'd be quite interested to know what the youngsters get if they join too? What is the City Junior Strikers Club? What are the benefits? My son doesn't get much pocket money so it'll take him a while to save up his £5.00. He'll need to know it's worth his while!! :unsure:

Membership for the Supporters' Club ranges between £15 (Silver) and £25 (Gold) and as far as I know that will stay the same, hence the 2 seperate bars and discounts in the Dolman.

The SC donates thousands of pounds every year to the Bristol City Academy and also sponsors first team players kits.

As I understand it the SC will not be a closed shop (it wasn't really before) next season so anyone can pay £15/£25 and get the benefits although there is a limit (1200 I think) due to the size of the bar in the Dolman.

BCAGFC

Membership for the Supporters' Club ranges between £15 (Silver) and £25 (Gold) and as far as I know that will stay the same, hence the 2 seperate bars and discounts in the Dolman.

The SC donates thousands of pounds every year to the Bristol City Academy and also sponsors first team players kits.

As I understand it the SC will not be a closed shop (it wasn't really before) next season so anyone can pay £15/£25 and get the benefits although there is a limit (1200 I think) due to the size of the bar in the Dolman.

BCAGFC

So this £5 special offer to season ticket holders... is that gold or silver? Or more likely bronze?

Is there any limit on the number of people who can get the type of memebership that allows you to get the subsidized bar prices?

So this £5 special offer to season ticket holders... is that gold or silver? Or more likely bronze?

Is there any limit on the number of people who can get the type of memebership that allows you to get the subsidized bar prices?

My understanding is that the Silver/Gold membership of the Supporters Club will be limited to 225 members which is the capacity of the R&W bar, which will continue to have subsidised drinks.

The £5 bronze membership that season ticket holders will be asked to pay is for associate membership of the SC which will entitle you to admission to the Exhibition Hall where the drinks will not be subsidised

My understanding is that the Silver/Gold membership of the Supporters Club will be limited to 225 members which is the capacity of the R&W bar, which will continue to have subsidised drinks.

The £5 bronze membership that season ticket holders will be asked to pay is for associate membership of the SC which will entitle you to admission to the Exhibition Hall where the drinks will not be subsidised

Could somebody please provide the detail of the bar prices in the "subsidised" section so that I may make an economical decision on whether or not to increase my £5 contribution by a £10 voluntary one?

Thanks.

I have to say though, that I don't blame the SC at all - it is my feeling that they would rather not have moved but were put in a fairly awkward position. I don't think anything will change in the main part of the R&W (other than the refurb) but given that I will pay me fiver to the SC, I look forward to receiving my membership benefits which I understand include invites to the end of season awards dinner, raffles and other events etc...........

Is this correct Robbored?

The SC were given the opportunity of actually doing something positive for the average City fan and to position themselves at the heart of the supporter base alongside the Trust. Instead it sounds like they've dug their heels in and made sure they're able to keep their cosy old boys network in swanky new surroundings, whilst at the same time charging the average punter £5 to enter a bar that was previously free.

Well done the Supporters Club!

Hmmm.... I think this needs input from the SC. Can anyone clarify my understanding?

To be fair to the SC given KNR's post, as I said before, I am not sure how much choice the SC had over the matter..... anyone?

Could somebody please provide the detail of the bar prices in the "subsidised" section so that I may make an economical decision on whether or not to increase my £5 contribution by a £10 voluntary one?

That makes the assumption that there's room amongst the 225 chosen ones. Probably not a valid assumption.

This seems like a question for the ask Steve L section for clarification, d'oh!!

Depending on by how much the drinks are subsidised in the supporters club it could well be worth joining. However if this extra £5 on a season ticket just entitles you to go into the current Red and White bar (although newly refurbished) then it is a big con. I will not pay £5 for the privilage of buying overpriced beer in a plastic glass. I would stick to my usual £1.30 a pint pre match Thatchers instead.

Breakdown on the cost for Supporters Club and what you get for it....

The Bristol City Supporters Club will be moving from their Atyeo Suite home to the new and improved facilities under the Dolman Stand.

The move will come in affect for the 2006/07 season, as the existing clubroom in the Williams Stand is being refurbished for the Premier Club.

Also being refurbished is the Red'N'White Bar and Dolman Hall, with an extended bar, new toilets, furniture and a level floor all planned changes.

For the first time season ticket holders are being given the opportunity to join the Supporters Club at a special rate of just £5, payable when renewing/signing-up.

In total there will be three membership levels, denoted below:-

Gold and Silver Membership (£20 adults (gold), £10 concessions(silver)): Allows matchday admission to the Supporters Lounge (old [smaller] Red'N'White Bar) area and larger Dolman Hall area. Includes comfortable seating, plasma TV (incl. Sky Sports) and a variety of hot and cold refreshments. Restricted to 225 applicants due to safety regulations.

Bronze Membership (£5 to all): Allows matchday admission to the newly-refurbished larger Dolman Hall area, plus the opportunity to vote for the player-of-the-year award.

The current White Membership will be discontinued.

Supporters Club chairman Alan Robinson told bcfc.co.uk: "The Supporters Club has been around since the 1950s and we see this as another exciting development in its long and proud association with the football club.

"We see this as a chance to welcome more members through the club's season ticket base and generate even more money through our fundraising activites.

"Moving to the refurbished Dolman Hall also offers us the opportunity to update and improve our facilities and make the Supporters Club more attractive to new members."

Club chief executive Colin Sexstone told bcfc.co.uk: "The refurbished Dolman Hall will give all of our season ticket holders the chance to become members of the Supporters Club, whilst at the same time enjoy bigger and better facilities. The whole £5 subscription will go to the Supporters Club and represents excellent value for money."

The Supporters Club will be using the Dolman Hall next season.The venue is being divided into two area's.The Lounge bar (currently behind the betting booth) will become the Supporters Club Lounge and the remaining area will the SC bar.The whole are is being refurbished over the summer.

There will be three levels of membership.

Gold and Silver membership - The annual subscription will be £20 for Gold membership and £10 for concessions (silver membership)This level of membership entitles you to use the Lounge bar which it is planned will have a subsidised bar and wider selection of beers,ciders and lagers.There will also be a food outlet.

Due to health and safety and fire regulations this area has a limited max number of 224.Obviously these spaces will be offered to our current members as a priority.However,if all the vacancies are not filled by the current members then any remaining will be available to new applicants.

Bronze membership - the annual subscription will be £5 with no concessions.The level of membership entitles you to use the main bar area but not the lounge area.There will be larger bars and improved food outlets.Fans can apply via season ticket application forms or directly to the Supporters Club if you are not a ST holder.

All membership levels entitles members to vote for and attend the Player of the year Awards,help raise money for the football club through raffles and other events.

So you can't have a drink in AG without being a member of either the Premier Club or Supporters Club, correct?

I'm not sure.Can you not buy alcohol in the concourse in the Atyeo stand?

This season you can only get a drink at AG if you are a SC member or a ST holder - apart from the Atyeo stand that is.

I'm not sure.Can you not buy alcohol in the concourse in the Atyeo stand?

This season you can only get a drink at AG if you are a SC member or a ST holder - apart from the Atyeo stand that is.

I am a season ticket holder in the Dolman Stand and will be again next season. As an ST holder, but not an SC member, will I still be able to have a pint in the R&W bar in the Dolman Hall?

I am a season ticket holder in the Dolman Stand and will be again next season. As an ST holder, but not an SC member, will I still be able to have a pint in the R&W bar in the Dolman Hall?

No I don't believe you will, which is the point I was trying to make. My £5 just goes towards raffles and ensuring I can vote for player of the year and stuff like that then. Will those members get a say on where the money gets spent reinvesting into the club or the purchase of any shares? I certainly hope it wont be helping subsidise the bar as I don't drink when I go to the football, so thats wasted on me.

No I don't believe you will, which is the point I was trying to make. My £5 just goes towards raffles and ensuring I can vote for player of the year and stuff like that then, not towards any reinvestment into the club or the purchase of any shares? I certainly hope it wont be helping subsidise the bar as I don't drink when I go to the football, so thats wasted on me.

I think this will put off alot of people going in the Red and White bar. To be honest you may as well go to the pub before the game now rather than pay to go somewhere that was free before. Sad that is as I think the club may end up losing out on alot of regular customers who have previously used the bar.

What happens to people who want to join the SUpporters Trust now how will they be informed as the bar will now be a members bar?

What happens to people who want to join the SUpporters Trust now how will they be informed as the bar will now be a members bar?

If you mean will there be an ST stand then thats something still being discussed with the club, the Trust needs to keep recruiting more members and its needs to reach as wide an audience as possible, which might mean the working party (and indeed the newly elected board by the time the season kicks off again) will need to visit the pubs in the area to do this, instead of basing ourselves in one place.

The Supporters Club and the Supporters Trust liase closely with each other.Any issues arising from the expansion into the Dolman Hall will no doubt be discussed between us.

Fair play Gaz, how many times now have you asked this question, yet nobody seems to know (or wants to answer it), me and about 8 of my mates use the Red & White bar at half time at the moment, so are we allowed in being just a season ticket holder next season as we are now? or do we all have to pay an additional £5 for the "pleasure",I can see a lot of people not being happy wth that arrangement.

Sorry I didn't see the Dolly replies when I started writing out this question.

Fair play Gaz, how many times now have you asked this question, yet nobody seems to know (or wants to answer it), me and about 8 of my mates use the Red & White bar at half time at the moment, so are we allowed in being just a season ticket holder next season as we are now? or do we all have to pay an additional £5 for the "pleasure",I can see a lot of people not being happy wth that arrangement.

I just answered it up there. The answer is NO.

(don't shoot the messenger!)

The answer to your question is no you won't but you will have the option of joining the SC when you renew your ST.Obviously it upto the individual as to whether they join or not.

At £5 per season it works out at around 20p per game.

Archived