IGNORED

Major Announcement

Pete1975Legend

It is GJ announcing his 3 year extension

They will look like a bunch of muppets if it is that! On my way to work this morning I saw that all the 'Evening Post A-boards' outside newsagents have already got "Gary Johnson signs a new 2 year deal" emblazened over them - so the news is out already.

It is GJ announcing his 3 year extension

Western Daily Press says.....

'Gary Johnson will today commit his long-term future to Bristol City.The 51-year-old has agreed the terms of a contract extension which will keep him at Ashton Gate until the end of the 2009-10 campaign.

City have scheduled a press conference for this afternoon, at which they are expected to confirm Johnson's new deal'.

Why oh why call a press conference to announce it - surely just release a statement....??

If it is the GJ signing extension then we will look very silly as all TV networks and press will be there.

I don't see this as a 'major' announcement so it could be one of these....

1. New training ground to be built

2. New six figure sponsorship

3. New stand plans revealed again

4. Take over

MM

If it is the GJ signing extension then we will look very silly as all TV networks and press will be there.

I don't see this as a 'major' announcement so it could be one of these....

1. New training ground to be built

2. New six figure sponsorship

3. New stand plans revealed again

4. Take over

MM

Would like something to be announced re: the ground redevelopment, but I think it will be Johnson's contract extension.........

Western Daily Press says.....

'Gary Johnson will today commit his long-term future to Bristol City.The 51-year-old has agreed the terms of a contract extension which will keep him at Ashton Gate until the end of the 2009-10 campaign.

City have scheduled a press conference for this afternoon, at which they are expected to confirm Johnson's new deal'.

Why oh why call a press conference to announce it - surely just release a statement....??

I agree. GJ signing a new contract is excellent news, but hardly worthy of a "Major Announcement and press conference".

Must be something else as well........surely?

Must admit that when I saw that my heart leapt, first reaction was that we are losing the Messiah (to Less-ter).

Get a grip man!!! Why would we announce it in a press conf. (And yes Ive checked their website - nowt)

I'm sure they wouldnt announce a contract extension in a PC either.

Takeovert????

Or even a takeover

maybe city have built a new secret stadium and going to show it to us a 40k seater woooohooo!!!!

But if we only get 12,000 there then what's the point. Having said that a new stadium would be very exciting.

This better be a good press conference, if it's just Gary signing another contract then a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

Archived