IGNORED

Tears At Wemberlee

0738parkway

I remember the first time City got to Wembley, against Bolton in the LDV final. Hearing Drink up thee Cider ringing around the ground brought a definite lump to my throat!

This is arguably the biggest single game of football in City's history......I defy anyone not to feel choked up on Saturday as the atmosphere builds in the ground prior to kick-off!

The only way i will cry is if i breakdown on the M4. :noexpression:

Like the 300 Chelseas fans whose flight was cancelled yesterday morning.

Heard on the radio, one of the fans explaining that it wasn't just him who was pi55ed off. He had the tickets for 3/4 of his mates, who were already out in Moscow waiting to meet up with him - now that's a real bummer!

I don't really know to be honest its hard to say how I am going re-act I nearly cried when I thought it was all over last week when they got the penalty. Years before though in 2004 I did not even come close to crying.

Maybe its because City were so poor that day it just kinda of numbed it.

Were going to win anyway so if I do cry it will be relief and tears of joy.

Any one think they may shed tears of pride on saturday when our boys run out , a few beers followed by abide with me then look around at the red army cheering and singing as the boys step onto the hallowed turf, :sad26: , i remember having a lump in my throat at cardiff just held the tears back though,

Use this as a guide...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ3ob9767aY&...feature=related

If you feel like shedding a tear over this, you probably will on the day.

I know I will

I sat in the Dolman after the cardiff play off game and cried, and also cried at the brighton game... then again i was only 12 and 13 respectively back then, at 17 i probably don't have an excuse, but i don't think i would be able to hold it back if we won OR lost

Last time I really cried at a City match was 2-1 win in the FA cup at Eastville against the sags in 1983. Martin Hirst and Tom Ritchie in the last 5 mins

I'd gladly shed a bucket full of tears if the result is the same on Saturday

If we lose on Sat on penalties like Chelsea tonight, with Carey the chance to win it, then missing, i'll be devastated, for the fans and players.

Probably wouldnt be able to hold back tears.

Hit the nail on the head there.

I couldn't imagine anything worse...except for scum Man United fans at Wembley celebrating.

Plastic ****s.

Tears at wembley..this'll make you wince! City v Bolton, we score first goal and I climb up on barriers to celebrate...( you know whats coming!!) yep balance wasn't that good even without cider, fell, one leg either side of barrier........OUCH!!

Any one think they may shed tears of pride on saturday when our boys run out , a few beers followed by abide with me then look around at the red army cheering and singing as the boys step onto the hallowed turf, :sad26: , i remember having a lump in my throat at cardiff just held the tears back though,

I'm Bristolian and my first home, as a little lad, was in Bedminster. Bristol City FC is Bedminster FC for those that know the history of this club - it'll bring a lump to my throat when I see my beloved club field its best side for 30 odd years at Wembley. This is our biggest final since 1909 - savour the occasion.

I'm sorry but I have to side with Raymond on this one. You cry at Hillsborough, the Valley Parade fire and suchlike. Any blubbing will result in a pink t shirt in the post and a voucher of cider with ice in it.

Bottom line. Its a football match.

Have to say I agree and disagree with this.

Yes it is only a football match and when compared to things such as the recent Chinese earthquake quite clearly, to be honest, who the hell cares what the result is on Saturday and whether or not we ply our trade in the Premier league or the Championship next season.

It doesnt take a genius to realise that comparing the outcome of a football match to {for example} the loss of over 50,000 people and the ruined lives of many others is completely rediculous. However it is also true that whilst {I would hope} all would recognise the explicit difference between the two events, the fact that Saturday is 'personal' means that many, myself included, are much more likely to cry at the outcome of a mere football match than an enormous human catastrophe.

You have to put things into perspective, if a distressing family matter arises then I may cry and be distraught, if City lose on Saturday then I may cry and be distraught. That doesnt mean that I don't recognise the infinate gap in severity between the two.

I will cry if City win, just be bad tempered if we lose. The reason?

Sunday I got a ticket no trouble, Monday I slipped a disc in my back and cannot walk as it has trapped a nerve in my thigh.

Glad to say the ticket is not wasted, I was able to pass it on (at face value), but I'll cry if I don't witness first hand THAT win.

Archived