IGNORED

Champions League Final

PhilC

Shame Terry missed, then Ronaldo could have felt a bit of pain. What a Tuesday.

Can't agree about the officials, well the near side linesman at least. Chelsea seemed to win 4 corners in a row in the second half only for them all to be given as goal kicks! I'm no Chelsea fan though, so fair play Man Utd.

Agreed.

Not only that, but Tevez and Hargreaves should both have been red carded too.

I felt Chelsea had the better of it, but couldn't make it count.

I certainly hope to see better officiating than that on Saturday or Windass will have a field day.

Oh don't get me wrong there was the odd decision going the wrong way but that's par for the course in any game. The main thing I thought was that they got all of the potentially match turning decisions right - the sending off and the penalty shouts in particular. On such a big occasion that's no mean feat.

Were you watching the same game?

Think ManUre just about deserved it on the 120 minutes.

Gutted for John Terry though, he is a proper Englishman who plays the game how it was meant to be played.

Overall a pretty entertaining match which I enjoyed.

I thought the match officials did a sterling job throughout as well.

Through gritted teeth congratulations to Manchester Utd.

I only saw the 2nd half, extra time and penalties. If Manure deserved to win they must have had a blinding first half.

The ref was biased IMO. I can lip read and I clearly saw Ferguson reminding the ref that the brown envelope was stuffed full as they came out for the second half.

A disappointing reflection of the Premier League and English football. And I was a neutral. Well, as neutral as any man Utd hating football fan can be.

:)

S

That was a jolly dangerous ledge to do a trophy presentation by. Did you see that drop?

I was thinking the same! :laugh:

ManUre possibly deserved it, although never good seeing penalties in big finals, but who am I to say...

Not a bad game but I have seen better Champions League Finals...

Oh well that's it for another season...

well...almost...

Were you watching the same game?

I didn't have my Liverpool glasses on so probably not.

The only decisions they got wrong were close quarters deflections, notably one corner that should have gone Chelski's way in the second half.

But the game changing ones they got spot on.

I didn't have my Liverpool glasses on so probably not.

The only decisions they got wrong were close quarters deflections, notably one corner that should have gone Chelski's way in the second half.

But the game changing ones they got spot on.

What about the assault by Tevez on Makelele and Hargreaves shoving the ref in the back?

Both red cards, in my opinion.

I only saw the 2nd half, extra time and penalties. If Manure deserved to win they must have had a blinding first half.

They would have been 3-0 up had they finished with any nouse. Chelsea just weren't in it.

Chelsea were much better in the second half and I thought Man U edged extra time.

In my view it was a close hard fought game that ManU were slightly better in and that's from a neutral that detests both teams unbiasedly :)

To think we were the width of a post from that scumbag Ronaldo being the villain of the piece :ranting:

I thought Chelesea deserved to win myself, completely dominated from about 40-100 mins, hitting the woodwork twice.

Whilst i agree with Nibor that the officials got the big decision(s) right i didn't think they were so good with the little(er) decisions, i can't believe Joe Cole wasn't booked for dissent (even though he was right.)

Anyway, enough of the small fry CL, anybody else get really nervous about Saturday watching that?

To think we were the width of a post from that scumbag Ronaldo being the villain of the piece :ranting:

I thought Chelesea deserved to win myself, completely dominated from about 40-100 mins, hitting the woodwork twice.

Whilst i agree with Nibor that the officials got the big decision(s) right i didn't think they were so good with the little(er) decisions, i can't believe Joe Cole wasn't booked for dissent (even though he was right.)

Anyway, enough of the small fry CL, anybody else get really nervous about Saturday watching that?

just hope we have seen the last of drogba in this country what a ######

• Admin
I'll remind you of that if Windass does it on Saturday. :D

Having been present at Bradford the last time the roles of Tevez and Makalele were played by Windass & Carey, I was surprised not to see Makalele issued with a red card!

• Admin
If Windass so much as breathes on a defender it will of course be a sending off offence and worthy of a lifetime ban.

Just so we're clear on that :D

Why add the needless stipulation of it being "on a defender"?

I'd be happy for him to be sent off simply for breathing.

Why add the needless stipulation of it being "on a defender"?

I'd be happy for him to be sent off simply for breathing.

You have a point. Perhaps he could be sent off for simply existing. Considering the antics he's pulled in his career nobody could claim it was unfair.

After Terry missed the penalty all I heard was - it was the worst possible player for it to happen to - well I was thinking f. me if it had been Lampard it would have been much much worse...

On the contrary. I think "JT" was the best player for that to happen to. It was obvious he fancied all the glory himself, I can just imagine him barging his way through to take it. He loves this "mighty warrior/lionheart" persona that the press have created for him, and has had that coming for a long time.

On the contrary. I think "JT" was the best player for that to happen to. It was obvious he fancied all the glory himself, I can just imagine him barging his way through to take it. He loves this "mighty warrior/lionheart" persona that the press have created for him, and has had that coming for a long time.

A pretty good summing up of John Terry there although you forgot this vile specimen calling Ledley King a "lippy black monkey" before being sent off against Spurs and the black Spurs players having to be restrained from attacking John Terry as he made his way off the pitch.

While people feel sorry for this vile thug in a blue shirt for slipping on his big fat ass while taking a pen why not have a look at Englands captain elect showing himself to be the nasty disgusting vile piece of work he is in this video footage taken from the European Cup final.

Look at Terry from 11 to 15 seconds in the video clip below, he is clearly seen emptying the contents of his nose onto Carlos Tevez whilke slyly trying to hide his disgusting actions with his shirt sleeve.........

England Captain?

UEFA should throw the book at Terry and ban him for at least 5 European games.Chelsea FC should also fine him and the FA should also take action against this chav thug who mascarades as a warrior and peoples player.Terry should never play for England again either not just because of the Tevez incident but because he has never looked comfortable in an England shirt but because we have better players than him that can play centre half for England.

Don't forget big brave John Terry was also one of 4 Chelsea players, Lampard included, who were taunting American tourists in a airport bar whilst the 9/11 attacks were going on.

Then there was the time he left his sports car in a disabled parking spot whilst he went off to a swanky restaurant.

Oh, and the screwing a 16 year old girl in the back of his car.

Worst player for it happen to.

Archived