IGNORED

Dirty, Skeaky Leeds Fans At It Again

Tim S

Not happy with the fact they sold out their own end..... they are trying to muscle in on Doncasters ticket allocation.

I really really hope that Doncaster thrash them on Sunday!

BBC News Doncaster Vs Leeds

Cant see why you would criticise Leeds fans for trying to buy tickets in the Doncaster end - plenty of City fans have done the same at sold out away games.

AND - here is what I think is the real issue.

Ticketmaster sold tickets for our game on a block by block basis, allegedly the rationale being that it would be easier to return blocks of unsold tickets to sell to the other team - allegedly on the instructions of Wembley and/or the Football League.

So - assuming the same policy exists for the Doncaster-Leeds game, why are the Football League refusing the blocks of unsold tickets to be sold to Leeds?

Its madness - thousands of empty seats, but thousands of ticketless fans unable to get in.

Is it me or are the people running football totally stupid?

Ticketmaster sold tickets for our game on a block by block basis, allegedly the rationale being that it would be easier to return blocks of unsold tickets to sell to the other team - allegedly on the instructions of Wembley and/or the Football League.

So - assuming the same policy exists for the Doncaster-Leeds game, why are the Football League refusing the blocks of unsold tickets to be sold to Leeds?

Its madness - thousands of empty seats, but thousands of ticketless fans unable to get in.

Is it me or are the people running football totally stupid?

I don't know about 'totally stupid' as when the facts are made clear there are usually sound reasons for the various decisions that are made.

Maybe, and this just a guess the reason that blocks of unsold tickets not being sold to Leeds is because of the balance of supporters in the stadium. It would hardly be appropriate for any team to have far more support than the other. The play-off final is supposed to be as nuetral as possible.

I don't know about 'totally stupid' as when the facts are made clear there are usually sound reasons for the various decisions that are made.

Maybe, and this just a guess the reason that blocks of unsold tickets not being sold to Leeds is because of the balance of supporters in the stadium. It would hardly be appropriate for any team to have far more support than the other. The play-off final is supposed to be as nuetral as possible.

If thats the best justification anyone can come up with, I think I'll stick with my "totally stupid" theory, thanks.

Even though Doncaster have offered the tickets to Leeds?

Even though we had many more fans at the Millenium Stadium than Carlisle and Brighton on our two visits?

Not sure how that would be a possible reason! If it is, football really has gone mad.

I'd say you guessed wrong, unless you can explain how come the gas had near on 40,000 compared to Shrewsbury's 21,000

I'd say you guessed wrong, unless you can explain how come the gas had near on 40,000 compared to Shrewsbury's 21,000

40,000 was the allocation to both finalists - the fact that the Shrews only sold 21k is hardly the fault of the organisers.The unsold 19k were not made available to the Gas.

Donny had a similar number which they have been unable to sell.Leeds have sold all 40000 of thier allocation but to sell the remaining Donny allocation to Leeds is a non starter.

1) Wembley would be almost 2/3 Leeds which gives them an unfair advantage.

2) There are no doubt access and segregation issues that we as ordinary fans would not be familiar with.

I would hesitate to call anyone or any situation 'stupid' without knowing the facts.

40,000 was the allocation to both finalists - the fact that the Shrews only sold 21k is hardly the fault of the organisers.The unsold 19k were not made available to the Gas.

Donny had a similar number which they have been unable to sell.Leeds have sold all 40000 of thier allocation but to sell the remaining Donny allocation to Leeds is a non starter.

2) There are no doubt access and segregation issues that we as ordinary fans would not be familiar with.

I would hesitate to call anyone or any situation 'stupid' without knowing the facts.

Hey Alan, are you being driven to Wembley by a Bristol Rovers supporter?

Know what you are saying, and segregation may be an issue.

However, I would guess Donny would like the tickets sold as they are on a share of the gate, and if something in those circumstances can be done, it should be, in my humble opinion.

Thats a very blunt comment - try explaining why you think its 'utter bilge'.

I'd like to reply on his behalf.

To suggest as you have that Wembley being full with 2/3 fans of one team gives that team an unfair advantage, is, well, utter bilge, really.

Thats a very blunt comment - try explaining why you think its 'utter bilge'.

You're advocating playing the game in a half empty stadium, rather than allowing supporters of the clubs involved to be at the game.

Why should people be stopped from watching their team play, just because the other team isn't as well supported?

You're advocating playing the game in a half empty stadium, rather than allowing supporters of the clubs involved to be at the game.

Why should people be stopped from watching their team play, just because the other team isn't as well supported?

Thanks.

Thats what I meant.

I'm not advocating anything at all.If you read this thread from the start you'll see that I was guessing as to why Leeds fans were not being allowed to buy up those not sold by Donny.

I was simply speculating in response to NickJ calling the organisers 'fools' without him knowing the facts. I don't know the facts either but I was willing to hazard a guess as what the reasons might be.

I'm not advocating anything at all.If you read this thread from the start you'll see that I was guessing as to why Leeds fans were not being allowed to buy up those not sold by Donny.

I was simply speculating in response to NickJ calling the organisers 'fools' without him knowing the facts. I don't know the facts either but I was willing to hazard a guess as what the reasons might be.

I have read the whole thread, thanks.

You said it wouldn't be appropriate for one team to have far more support than another in post #4. I took that as meaning you advocate witholding spare tickets from fans who want to see the game.

Enlighten me as to what you actually meant.

I have read the whole thread, thanks.

You said it wouldn't be appropriate for one team to have far more support than another in post #4. I took that as meaning you advocate witholding spare tickets from fans who want to see the game.

Enlighten me as to what you actually meant.

What is it about the words maybe and guess that you don't understand?

"Maybe, and this just a guess the reason that blocks of unsold tickets not being sold to Leeds is because of the balance of supporters in the stadium. It would hardly be appropriate for any team to have far more support than the other. The play-off final is supposed to be as nuetral as possible."

What is it about the words maybe and guess that you don't understand?

"Maybe, and this just a guess the reason that blocks of unsold tickets not being sold to Leeds is because of the balance of supporters in the stadium. It would hardly be appropriate for any team to have far more support than the other. The play-off final is supposed to be as nuetral as possible."

Yes, you guessed at the reason and then went on to quite clearly give your opinion that it is inappropriate for one team to have more support than another in a separate sentence.

That's what was called utter bilge and correctly so.

As many football fans as possible should be in the stadium to enjoy big occasions like this.

Yes, you guessed at the reason and then went on to quite clearly give your opinion that it is inappropriate for one team to have more support than another in a separate sentence.

That's what was called utter bilge and correctly so.

As many football fans as possible should be in the stadium to enjoy big occasions like this.

Thats your opinion but if it were an ordinary home league game at Doncaster and Leeds were able to buy up all the home tickets that Donny didn't sell do you think that would be acceptable?

Thats your opinion but if it were an ordinary home league game at Doncaster and Leeds were able to buy up all the home tickets that Donny didn't sell do you think that would be acceptable?

What one of those ordinary home league games with a neutral crowd?

Remind me - what happens when we sell out away tickets and the opposition has spare seats - oh that's right they give us an extra allocation.

Wembley crowds have never been limited for the purposes of neutrality ever and they should not be. It's a ludicrous suggestion.

Why should any fans be denied the chance to watch their club when there are empty seats? Come off it.

Do you know that for a fact?

Yes.

If you want proof go and look up the crowds for previous playoff finals and you'll see plenty of examples of clubs selling > 50% of the capacity.

The idea that seats should be empty is a complete nonsense and you know it.

Archived