IGNORED

S Phillips In The Pfa Div 2 Team

brady bunch

I do not want to start the "is he any good or not" and even though I have not been a big fan, with his key saves against the likes of Thorpe he is due more then a bit of praise.

However PFA Div 2 team????, I cannot beleive it myself, we have already had the thread about the 3 picked and the ones missing (Doc, Brown).

The fact that we have not conceded many goals is down to the whole team and our negitive tactics (look at how many we have scored this season!)

Steve is probably the best shot stopper, but cannot be the best keeper while he still struggles to deal with high balls and cross's.

The history of the voting two is dodgy I remember Bell getting in year after year, even when he had an off season.

I do not want to start the "is he any good or not" and even though I have not been a big fan, with his key saves against the likes of Thorpe he is due more then a bit of praise.

However PFA Div 2 team????, I cannot beleive it myself, we have already had the thread about the 3 picked and the ones missing (Doc, Brown).

The fact that we have not conceded many goals is down to the whole team and our negitive tactics (look at how many we have scored this season!)

Steve is probably the best shot stopper, but cannot be the best keeper while he still struggles to deal with high balls and cross's.

The history of the voting two is dodgy I remember Bell getting in year after year, even when he had an off season.

not surprised at all!

Guest Harry May

Perhaps it just goes to show how much we really know . We have the tightest defence in the football league , he gets voted for by fellow PROFESSIONALS ( not pundits in the stands ) and still we moan about his apparent inability to deal with "this or that" . Perhaps if he could deal better with" this or that" , he would be playing for Man United or Chelsea in the Premier League and not for the City in division 2.

Steve Phillips is a very good Nationwide League GK.

Caldicot Red.

Guest mesa boogie

in all fairness he seems to have been consistant for you for a couple of years, over this time hes probably picked up the admiration of his fellow proffesionals (sp).

Guest STFCDude

Yep all us lot are shocked. Anyone who can be lobbed from twenty yards by a player who is facing totally away from the goal does not deserve to be in the Second Division XI

Guest bristol south end

I have been a big critic of his this season because of his stubborness to stay on his line,but i have noticed the last 3 games he has definitely been coming out more for crosses,perhaps hes been reading my posts?

Guest Cyprus_Red

if u have the best defensive record in the division your keeper has to be something right. fully deserved i think.

COME ON CITY!!!! BRING ON THE LUTON!!!!

Yep all us lot are shocked. Anyone who can be lobbed from twenty yards by a player who is facing totally away from the goal does not deserve to be in the Second Division XI
Right. So you'd anticipate someone trying to lob you with their back to goal on the edge of the area would you? And therefore stay on your line? Tw#t.

but i have noticed the last 3 games he has definitely been coming out more for crosses,perhaps hes been reading my posts?
no way bse! its my posts he's been reading!! I have long been saying that he should come out more and if he could not catch it, to punch it.

This is what he has been doing recently which I now take full credit for! whell are right spilt it 50/50 with you.

Has it not crossed your mind that Fallon actually didn't catch it correctly?

He would've been trying to 'lace it' but caught it either a bit early or late and it hit his toes, causing the ball to balloon up in the air and loop over Phillips.

He was placed perfectly, because I don't believe he'll ever conceed a goal like that again, and he probably never had before that.

its a deal bse!

as for those comments that indicate he should been in it because of our defensive record, yes it is good, but I stated at the start it is down to the whole team and our negitive tactics this season.

If Phillips had been at notts country or grimsby this season he would have shipped a lot more goals. one player rarely can acheive a good defense.

Enough is enough, I used to think this was a good and fair forum ,but ive changed my mind , i know its all about opinions but for gods sake some of you would moan if you were watching arsenal every week , ah perhaps you would like their keeper in goal for us , or does he make too many mistakes. As for steve phillips and this crap debate, i would rather have him in goal than anyone in div 2 , Why do we knock our players especially when they achievie something as good as selection to the div 2 team .

Shocking, isn't it?

You'll be telling me next, that a goalie who was lobbed from the halfway line and from a freekick 30 yards out, had a long and illustrious career for Arsenal and England.

Guest wes04
Who has played 8 games.

Hardly likely to be considered for team of the season.

I never said team of the season, hes just better than phillips which is what was asked.

Archived