IGNORED

S Phillips In The Pfa Div 2 Team

brady bunch

I've got it. The pro's vote for who they feel has best helped their cause this season. By not coming out of his 6 yard box, Phillips has saved teams the trouble of trying to play football aagainst us, just letting them swing in cross after cross at some below par beanpole.

I've got it. The pro's vote for who they feel has best helped their cause this season. By not coming out of his 6 yard box, Phillips has saved teams the trouble of trying to play football aagainst us, just letting them swing in cross after cross at some below par beanpole.
OK, I understand what you are saying :sub:

But how does that work for Tinman? or even Carey?

Carey - distribution rubbish, can't tackle, too slow - so helps every left midfield player in the opposition side do better, therefore they vote for him (think I am getting it now)

Tinman - can't pass the ball, easy to close down his left side, makes it easy for opposition because his passes always go astray, and of course he is too old therefore can't keep running for 90 mins :(

Hey now I understand the voting :laugh:

OK, I understand what you are saying :sub:

But how does that work for Tinman? or even Carey?

Carey - distribution rubbish, can't tackle, too slow - so helps every left midfield player in the opposition side do better, therefore they vote for him (think I am getting it now)

Tinman - can't pass the ball, easy to close down his left side, makes it easy for opposition because his passes always go astray, and of course he is too old therefore can't keep running for 90 mins :(

Hey now I understand the voting :laugh:

:P This is obviously how Bell keeps getting in.

:P This is obviously how Bell keeps getting in.
hmmmm, but how come he didn't make it this year? Ahh, I know, hasn't played enough games to help the opposition out therefore they couldn't vote for him.

But on the same basis, shouldn't Peacock of made it?????? :P

hmmmm, but how come he didn't make it this year? Ahh, I know, hasn't played enough games to help the opposition out therefore they couldn't vote for him.

But on the same basis, shouldn't Peacock of made it?????? :P

Nah Peacock doesn't make it because when he does score the defenders get tons of stick : "How did you let that crock of shite score?" etc.

Guest Red_Rat

I am not surprised at all that Stevey Philips is the best in Div. 2.

We have the best defensive record in the league, and i think he's been class all season long, i can't think of a better keeper off the top of my head.

Surprised more at Louis Carey being there. Why wasn't Coles??? What centre backs were in the team.

Surely we should be pleased that Phillips has been named on the Div 2 team (as well as carey and Tins)?
Exactly.

The players look upon awrds like this as tremendous personal honours because they have been voted for by their fellow pros.

As fans we should take pride in the fact that three of our players are considered worthy of such an award. It tells me that they (and the team) have earned the professional respect of their opponents this season.

I suspect that only City fans could question the selections.

Archived