IGNORED

All The Real Fans Were Sat Together At Wembley Today

Before you all explode at the title let me clear up what it means.

All the real fans were there supporting the team all together without any part timers there....at 5pm when the players did their lap of honour. Must have been about 15-20k of fans outa 38k who stayed to applaud the team.

These ARE Bristol City Football Club supporters. Anyone who didnt think the players were worthy of appluase for their perforamnce this season presumably left early so fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

All the real fans were there supporting the team all together without any part timers there....at 5pm when the players did their lap of honour. Must have been about 15-20k of fans outa 38k who stayed to applaud the team.

These ARE Bristol City Football Club supporters. Anyone who didnt think the players were worthy of appluase for their perforamnce this season presumably left early so fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Absolutely mate. I ran down to the front of my block in order to shout some words of appreciation in their direction as they walked around the pitch. None of us know how long it will be before we have a season like this one again, so to just leave without expressing some kind of appreciation seemed ridiculous.

hear hear! i wanted to stay and applaud which i did but my row of seats where empty within a minute of the whistle going!

i must say fair play to the hull fans as e where leaving 95% of them where applauding us as the coaches left. i applauded them when they lifted the trophy, gotta be gracious with victory and humble in defeat i say!

hear hear! i wanted to stay and applaud which i did but my row of seats where empty within a minute of the whistle going!

i must say fair play to the hull fans as e where leaving 95% of them where applauding us as the coaches left. i applauded them when they lifted the trophy, gotta be gracious with victory and humble in defeat i say!

well i saw some hull fans mouthing of and nearly got a kicking

Can all this "real fan" nosense please stop now the play-off's are over with. Some of you would probably classify me as one of the "part timers", I've only been to ashton gate a handfull of times, I've only been living in the west for a year, but I generated one hell of a lot of noise today, I can barely even talk anymore. What you need to be doing is trying to turn these "glory-hunters" into proper city fans, thats the way the club will be sure to be up their challenging again in years to come, not forcing them away. And for the record, I waited for the lap of honour, moved down to the front of my block, and showed my appriciation for all they have given this season, and will be chearing them on to the premier league every game at the gate next season!

My brother said at the whistle "shall we go?", I said no chance. He then said "we're not going to watch the trophy presentation are we?", to which I told him I'd meet him outside if need be.

I needed to watch Hull's celebrations as much as I think the players did. Remember those times, it makes the highs so much sweeter.

And of course, I especially wanted to clap our boys off the pitch for the season they've given us.

I stayed for about 5 minutes to applaud them and then left, that does not make me or anyone else a part timer! There was no way i was going to stay and watch hull celebrate and if we'd won i would'nt expect them to stay.

I've showed my appreciation on several occasions especially recently, notably Sheff Utd, Stoke, Preston and Palace home & away - you cant just label us part timers - if anything were the opposite and could'nt handle the defeat.

Yeah i agree more people should have stayed and clapped them off.

However i didn't stay for the lap of honour due to the fact the coach we were on made us come back soon as possible, but we stayed for as long as we could to clap the players ( as they deserved it)

So i don't think you can group everyone with that generalisation.( yes i have a season ticket and have only missed two games all season)

Totally agree, if I was a City player (yeah, I wish!!) I would have been even more gutted applauding half filled stands knowing half the people there couldn't wait for 10 minutes to clap them off after what they have done this season.

And I don't really buy all this can't watch Hull get the trophy stuff.....they won it fair and square, they did what we couldn't...found that bit of class/skill/cutting edge to get the goal and we couldn't do that...it hurt but I applauded them getting the trophy, and even if you couldn't applaud, that is not a reason for not staying to show some appreciation for what City have done this season, but again, it comes down to the daytrippers who aren't that interested in what City have done this season, they'l just be back the next time City (or Rovers) are at Wembley again......OK, Rovers probably aren't going to be there any time soon, but you get my point!!!!

Totally agree, if I was a City player (yeah, I wish!!) I would have been even more gutted applauding half filled stands knowing half the people there couldn't wait for 10 minutes to clap them off after what they have done this season.

And I don't really buy all this can't watch Hull get the trophy stuff.....they won it fair and square, they did what we couldn't...found that bit of class/skill/cutting edge to get the goal and we couldn't do that...it hurt but I applauded them getting the trophy, and even if you couldn't applaud, that is not a reason for not staying to show some appreciation for what City have done this season, but again, it comes down to the daytrippers who aren't that interested in what City have done this season, they'l just be back the next time City (or Rovers) are at Wembley again......OK, Rovers probably aren't going to be there any time soon, but you get my point!!!!

Rubbish. We just lost the biggest games in our history - which is devastating..... I could'nt bear to watch them celebrate!!

And I'm no daytripper!

Rubbish. We just lost the biggest games in our history - which is devastating..... I could'nt bear to watch them celebrate!!

And I'm no daytripper!

But we shouldn't have been anywhere near even getting to the biggest game in our historybased on money spent etc etc, but the players have done so well this season to even get us into this position, surely they deserve to be applauded for this, and the only way we were going to be able to do this today was wait until Hull had got their trophy

This is a ridiculous post. I am nowhere near a day tripper and left shortly after the final whistle. However, I stayed for well into the night to celebrate the achievements of my team at AG on Tuesday night. There would have been thousands of 'day trippers' stay behind to clap the team as this would have been the first time they would have had to see them this season.

If 'how long you stay after a match' is supposed to be a measure of how good a fan you are then things are seriously wrong.

But we shouldn't have been anywhere near even getting to the biggest game in our historybased on money spent etc etc, but the players have done so well this season to even get us into this position, surely they deserve to be applauded for this, and the only way we were going to be able to do this today was wait until Hull had got their trophy

The fact we "over acheived" does not change the fact that straight after the game, your naturally going to be gutted and I could'nt get out their quick enough.... Also the players know how much we appreciate them - lap of honour against preston, pitch invasion palace etc etc.

We all know we have had a fantastic season and a bright future, but it did'nt feel like at 5pm today, albeit for half hour

Absolute b***ocks mate , I'm love my team more than u would ever know mate , so don't u dare say I'm not a fan cos i went fairly quickly at the end of the game it hurt me as much as it hurt u , the players the manager and everyone else , but i just had to get out of the place , your post is ridiculas mate

The thing that stuck in my mind was two seasons ago when City played the last game of the season away to Southend who clinched the League One title that day with a 1-0 win.

Johnson made the City players stay out on the field to watch the celebrations and told them to remember what it felt like. A year on it was City celebrating automatic promotion.

I'm not sure how much choice the players had at Wembley but anyway they all stayed and watched. Johnson even clapped Phil Brown but that's the grace of the man. The City players then walked around our half of the stadium and clapped the supporters and vice versa. It felt quite important to me at the time to do that.

I can understand people feeling too gutted to watch Hull's fireworks etc. and respect that. You have expressed how much you care.

I was still glad to get away before the majority of the Hull fans started leaving. We outsang them on the way to the stadium from Marylebone and it would have been gut-wrenching to share the train with a load of gloaters.

quality, I'm not a real fan then as i left on the whistle as could not bear it again, i did not want to hear the cheers of the hull fans lifting the trophy, ive only been to 100s of away games, season ticket for years, £££££ on shirts, jumpers but apparently your only a real fan if you stay and clap.

i did stay behind for aq bit, i thought the losing team usually goes up the steps obviously not with the playoffs, then i did go didn't want to see hull celebrate to me that is for them and their fans.

Sorry i was perhaps a bit strong when i said they are not real fans in terms of the ones who couldnt bear to watch BUT answer me this....why not after the season we've had did you not stomach it to show how much u appreciated the players eforts after their season?

:fastasleep: another pointless I`m a better fan than you post/thread; I arrive/attend when I want and leave when I want, if others don't like it tough; don't mind them being better than me :disapointed2se:

I stayed until the players came over to us. I was devastated, imagine how they felt. I was disapointed too with all the people darting off after the final whistle. I clapped City when Hull were getting there trophy, i didn't even look over at the Hull players, I was clapping City. We over achieved this season and even though I was gutted we lost, City still needed to be supported after the final whistle.

Sorry Stucks - that is total bullocks!!

My dig at part timers in another thread are the ones who did not even know the team, will not not watch again until next season if we get back to Wembley - most people on these forums know who the supporters are and that will include some who left because it just damn hurt too much

I left about 5 mins after the final whistle because I didnt want to have to travel for 40 mins through London with tens of thousands of Hull fans.

There was an emotional spout of applause after the final whistle, and some of the players responded.

Its a gutting day for everyone involved, compounded and made worse when you come back to read bullshit like this.

Archived