IGNORED

Have We Lost Our Chance ?

petehinton

This year has been amazing in any way you look at it

2day was a big blow IMO

people are saying it doesn't feel like Brighton but I feel that it does,

I for one am still amazed at how well we did this year as is anyone and there is that horrible thing in the back of my head saying that next year isn't looking good

With Forest,Swansea,B'ham,Reading,Derby in our division next year along with the Charlton,Sheff.Utd,Wolves,Palace i feel we will find it A LOT tougher than this year IMO anyway

Was today our one chance ?

2day was a big blow IMO

I for one am still amazed at how well we did this year as is anyone and there is that horrible thing in the back of my head saying that next year isn't looking good

With Forest,Swansea,B'ham,Reading,Derby in our division next year along with the Charlton,Sheff.Utd,Wolves,Palace i feel we will find it A LOT tougher than this year IMO anyway

What's the point you're trying to make here?

"2day was a big blow in my opinion" very insightful

"There's good teams in the division next year, there's no hope" ? therefore we should of won today - thanks for pointing that out again

"We will never challenge for promotion again" ? I can't believe this could be what you're saying, no one is that pessimistic, short-sighted or narrow minded, so I'll just suppose you were trying to say "I wish we had won" - which would have been much more concise now wouldn't it?

(**note to self: make sure to finish with a rhetorical question in a vain attempt to spark a debate even though all I have done is given my opinion**)

I suppose we can put this down to post-defeat depression. Otherwise,why so pessimistic ?

Who can dispute that City have well- and truly exceeded expectations this year? What should ,by most measures, have been a season of consolidation in the Championship has actually turned -out to be .......far more than that.

City's performances have surprised everybody especially, I surmise ,most City supporters.

This season's achievements can surely be a springboard for even greater performances in the seasons ahead.

Why not ?

Pete, the one thing I have thought whilst reading your posts and have refrained from saying so far (but need to now that you're down in the dumps)....

You've only supported City for three years. You will learn that supporting a club such as City means lows and some highs. The highs feel sweeter because of the lows.

There is no need to be down in the dumps because we narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League, some of the posters on here witnessed this club nearly going out of business.

Cheer up lad, it could be worse.

Pete, the one thing I have thought whilst reading your posts and have refrained from saying so far (but need to now that you're down in the dumps)....

You've only supported City for three years. You will learn that supporting a club such as City means lows and some highs. The highs feel sweeter because of the lows.

There is no need to be down in the dumps because we narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League, some of the posters on here witnessed this club nearly going out of business.

Cheer up lad, it could be worse.

Very good point MiB. I agree with you.

Pete - I under stand there is a picture of me in a red city shirt stood in the OpenEnd with a load of City fans (one of the City fans with me on that day the picture was taken i saw and spoke to yesterday at Wembley for the first time since those days). The days & before that picture was taken were very low.

Trust me mate these feelings of hurt will go in time. Depending on the signings GJ will make over the next couple of weeks/months. There are players in the Championship/Prem class will now sit up & take notice of what GJ & Bristol City FC are capable of doing.

The one thing i am angry at is the pundits way of treating us as under dogs all the time.

(By the way can somone please send me the picture i am talking about. It's in a city book & up in the Dolman stand hall.)

The fact is we are a top Championship teams, we have a good Chairman, Manager and Squad.

GJ can now go out an attract quality players to our club because the rest of football knows we are a club on the up.

Its going to be hard next season, it was hard this season, its never easy to win promotion however I think a top six finish next season is not beyond us.

We have sold nearly 15,000 ST plus potd and away fans and all the new fans we made this season we could be filling The Gate every week.

The part timers and young supporters who went yesterday may come back next season. We are the only show in town now, we have somthing to build on. Onwards and upwards!

The fact is we are a top Championship teams, we have a good Chairman, Manager and Squad.

GJ can now go out an attract quality players to our club because the rest of football knows we are a club on the up.

Its going to be hard next season, it was hard this season, its never easy to win promotion however I think a top six finish next season is not beyond us.

We have sold nearly 15,000 ST plus potd and away fans and all the new fans we made this season we could be filling The Gate every week.

The part timers and young supporters who went yesterday may come back next season. We are the only show in town now, we have somthing to build on. Onwards and upwards!

Excellant post.

Next season was always going to be tough, the good news is that we have an insight now in to what it is all about and hopefully a taste of wanting success. We all know that the high number of seaosn tickets was in part to do with the prospect of top flight football. But there are plenty of atractive fixtures and as you say with a potentialy full AG every home game to look forward to.

surely the only way is up

we have one of the best mangers in england which is why so many players have decided to sign for us. we have a very good chairman a new stadium on the way the future is looking very positive for bcfc.

so what if the likes of derby reading and brum have come down so many people from different clubs said the same things about charlton and sheff utd when they came down look what hapened there. they will not keep all those top players they had in the prem.

you need to beleive and get behind the team for aonother season.

2day was a big blow IMO

Come on Pete, we have shown we can compete with the "big boys". Why shoulkd that change? Also remember, you are worried about these relegated sides. most of their star players aernt going to stay

Archived