IGNORED

Mcindoe And Basso

Red Zeppelin

Do you reckon McIndoe will stay after our defeat?

For instance: Reading. Say Stephen Hunt is bought Premier League side and retained in the top flight, they'll need a new left-winger, and MM could leave for them?

I sincerely hope not, but it's just his unswerving personal ambition to reach the top through moving clubs e.g. from Wolves could come at our cost.

The same for Basso - he has only really been linked with Middlesbrough, but they happened to sell their first-choice keeper this week, making room? Plus Basso's age and his dream of playing in the Premier League before the end of his career could send him there.

Just playing devil's advocate really, but if we can keep the best players from this squad such as Basso and McIndoe, and enhance it further then I think we'll have a great chance next season. I hope the likes of McIndoe, Basso and most importantly Gary Johnson stay.

I can see those two staying though.

Carey - where else would he go? Plus pride of being club captain, and Bristolian.

Elliot - From interviews it looks like he is loving it here, even said those words himself. Christmas message - 'Merry Christmas to my fellow Bristolians'! And would Pompey really bid for another central midfielder?

I really don't like to speculate on players coming in and out of the club, particularly when it's our better players but if there's one to leave I have a terrible feeling that it could be McIndoe. It's just an opinion of course, but based on his age, history and willingness to move on with some regularity I wonder if his last chance to play Premier League football is fast approaching.

He's clearly an man with ambitions to play at the highest level, and I think he has the ability to do so, I just hope he'll be thinking that this club is still moving forward and will be able to help him fulfil those ambtions.

Other than M. Macca, I don't see many other first-teamer on the way out.

I'm sure Basso will go if a Prem team comes in for him, he wants to play in the world cup and for that to happen he needs to be playing at the highest level.

You don't need to be playing at the top level. Look at Peterborough's keeper, who has just been called up for England :o

Archived